Level range for new difficulty

so as the title says im looking for a "decent" level range to actually start on the main quest and finish up silver. Me (51 HE) and my GF (52 Dry) are currently blazing through silver. We havent really quested, every once in a while we will knock a few out but we tend to like to kill stuff and just run around. We have only visited Elf, Orc, Desert and a little bit of the jungle. I think in Gold we will focus a little more on the questing aspect (if they are even worth it) :sigh:

thanks for any comments/replies

cheers!

there are a few quests I like to do, the Undead Legion, Blind Guardian and Kobold Chieftan quests mostly, as well as the demon killing quest and the quest where you kill the dragon boss on seraphim island. Legion and Guardian for the items (Boneslicer & Instruments) and the other 3 for the enemies you kill (Chieftan quest spawns Gahanka (boss), demon killing quest summons 1 then 3 then 5+ demons for you to fight, as well as giving you quest experience between each fight, and the other quest on the seraphim island teleports you to a chamber to kill a dragon boss). There's also a quest on the seraphim island that has you killing the elementals (that you wind up fighting anyway) so that's a good one too.

so as the title says im looking for a "decent" level range to actually start on the main quest and finish up silver. Me (51 HE) and my GF (52 Dry) are currently blazing through silver. We havent really quested, every once in a while we will knock a few out but we tend to like to kill stuff and just run around. We have only visited Elf, Orc, Desert and a little bit of the jungle. I think in Gold we will focus a little more on the questing aspect (if they are even worth it) :sigh:

thanks for any comments/replies

cheers!

Cheers! Sincere,

The PC version has levels to unlock the next difficulty that Console does not. but these guidelines seem to be very conservative

unlock levels

Silver level 1-60

Gold level 60-100

Platinum level 100-140

Niobium level 140-200.

Now I will tell you that you should be able to start gold by level 40-50 with little trouble. Platinum by 75-80 and Niobium by 100-120. And these are still pretty conservative.

What will happen if you stay too long in Silver? Short answer = nothing. Longer answer = you will eventually start to reach the regional level caps of the monsters. they will begin to fall behind you in levels. Resulting in way to easy kills, and reduced XP per kill.

What will happen if you advance too quickly? Short answer = you get your butt kicked by a kobald. Longer answer = you will enter a difficulty where the level minimums are way too high for your current toon. So be careful.

So move as quickly or as slowly as you like. If you begin to get bored, or the play is too easy, just move on to the next level.

Happy Grinding!

wicked! thank you guys. I know we have done the kobold chieftan (insane regen :sigh:) and the blind guardian was totally sweet! I love love that video..BG got 2 new fans when that video first played ;)

I have heard of this undead legion quest I will definately look into it. we will have to find a way to seraphim island, that sounds like something we would enjoy.

basically so far everytthing has been smooth sailing, we ventured into the jungle and had a little bit of a problem..not sure if its cuz its act 8 or we were just sleepy but neither of us could hit anything and they could definaly hit us :bye:

will look into these things. thanks rndm for the quest insight and loco for the level ranges very very helpful!

cheers!

The side quests can be a little silly, but here are some good ones. The 'Secret Chamber' quest is a massive dungeon that will score you a Temple you might be looking for. At higher levels side quests will level you up much faster than grinding.

first jungle, yes right below the desert. iirc they were humans too so that would explain our problems hitting them!

last night we were on seraphim island and pretty much cleared the whole thing! the arena above the sky quest....yummy experience! we were unable to find any dragons there tho! we started underground a ways and got pretty far but ended up calling it a night..im guessing the dragon you speak of was like 2 clicks ahead amirite?

gasbomb do you recall what area this secret chamber quest is in, we will head there later tonight cuz that sounds like fun. (I would check but my work blocks the wiki :) lol cuz you know I should be working right?) yeah we are noticing the quest experience is getting alot better :D

cheers!

Edited by Sincere_420