Nether Allegiance Gold Mod...

claudius

Elite Equipment adds 7.5% +5.5% per CA level to the armor values of the skeletons. Balm adds 50% to the life regeneration. That doesn't scale by combat art level but I believe a higher level skeleton would have a higher base life regeneration value to which the 50% is multiplying (unconfirmed).

So without testing I don't think it is obvious which would be better. Life regeneration and armor are both 'good' but the question is which is most effective.

Most people I know take armor, but I am curious who has tested these. I would imagine most people just take armor because it sounds good or the bandwagon effect.

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing as my skeletons could comfortably roll through 8 demons at once in jungle and the blood forest mobs of undead and eyes without anyone dying. They could fight the Mad Ogre, Gahanka, Bloodclaw, Kral, the Poison Lord.

No casualties and they were level 182 with level 71 combat art. Niob versus levels 137 - 147 monsters. Unless the monsters ramp up significantly I say it doesn't matter what gold mod because I did all that with no mod picked.

I had a open mod point staring cruelly at me so I picked armor and I was happy because I am SURE it gets a boost from both lore and focus. The other mod might be good as well, but I don't think it makes any difference provided you buffer suit and max the combat art. I use just the Lucretius Chest with 2 niob runes, and an ancrid weapon slot with shield (not worth wasting a mirror shield)... Eventually I should find 1 or 2 + Nether allegiance amulets which will be higher than +6 and multiply in the socket. [search game banshee for the topic - buffer suit - or ask if I am sounding like I am talking giberish]

The skeletons would not be worth having unless just for kicks or a distraction unless you commit a lot of CAs to them.

Edited by claudius

Glad you found your answer claudius.

I use the Skeletons now mainly to activate the Guardians only. In which the Veil never has to come off, no need for any accidents! Once each Guardian is activated, of course they promptly go away with a "6".

Happy Hunting.

I remain, ;)