Purely melee Temple Guardian build - looking for suggestions

Hey Lord

I have an incomplete and untested guide I am working on for just such a character.

Chingachgook

The Fictional character Chingachgook was the Sagamore (Great Chief) of his lost tribe. In the famous books by James Fenimore Cooper written in the early 1800s, the French often refer to Chingachgook as "Le Gros Serpent", the Great Snake, because he understands the winding ways of men's nature and he can strike a sudden, deadly blow.

For this character I was inspired to build a utility char with Boss hunter capabilities. The fictional tale of a great Chief of a long lost but not forgot tribe.

He would have to have similar characteristics to the books character, so I made a list of attributes he must master

1. For Fighting skills, the ability to strike a swift and sudden blow. Dedicated Blow.

2. His trusty Hachet . So hafted weapons will be a must

3. His ability to survive when no other could. his defenses will be the strongest possible

4. Chingachgook was a master of the woods. He needed nothing he could not get from nature. So Enhanced perception and Blacksmith.

Skills

Level 2 Constitution.png Constitution

Constitution add to our health points and increases the health point regen. Master 5th

Level 25 Toughness.png Toughness

Toughness add a small about of damage reduction (Mitigation) plus adds base points to each of the armor elements. this armor boost is multiplied by armor lore. Master 6th

Level 35 Blacksmith.png Blacksmith

Blacksmith is a very useful skill for socketing gems into items. It allows us to socket Ammys into silver sockets, Rings into bronze, and the cost of socketing is greatly reduced. add points as available to Character level

Important Note: EP and Blacksmith are currently at skills 9 and 10 to facilitate creating a very fast leveling and strong Boss Hunter character. However these skills may be moved up anywhere in the build as you see fit.

Tactics Lore" target="_blank">Constitution.png Constitution

Constitution add to our health points and increases the health point regen. Master 5th

Level 25 Toughness.png Toughness

Toughness add a small about of damage reduction (Mitigation) plus adds base points to each of the armor elements. this armor boost is multiplied by armor lore. Master 6th

Level 35 Blacksmith.png Blacksmith

Blacksmith is a very useful skill for socketing gems into items. It allows us to socket Ammys into silver sockets, Rings into bronze, and the cost of socketing is greatly reduced. add points as available to Character level

Important Note: EP and Blacksmith are currently at skills 9 and 10 to facilitate creating a very fast leveling and strong Boss Hunter character. However these skills may be moved up anywhere in the build as you see fit.

T-Energy Shroud.png T-Energy Shroud

Derogate - Adds close combat damage.

Recharge - Adds shield recharge during combat.

Reflection - Chance to reflect spells.

Runes: leave at 1 Rune and boost with a buff suit socketed with Runes

Dedicated Blow.png Dedicated Blow

Transformation - Converts more damage to the least resisted element

Intent - Adds chance to do a critical hit

Runes: Keep regen at Total- RpH of 0.5s

Combat Alert.png Combat Alert

Barricade - Adds a defensive bonus equal to the current attack bonus

Riposte - Melee damage reflection

Runes: Pump this one with all the runes you can find.

Deathly Spears.png Deathly Spears

Batter - Chance for knockback.

Singe - Adds fire damage.

Jab - Adds an additional attacks

Gear

Weapon of choice with be an Axe. Preferably

socketables

Niob Smith art Damage

Absorption warding energy

Max shield energy

anti-DOT

regen per hit

At level 75 we can start socketing Damage XX-XX if we find any

Testing / Playstyle

Thats a really cool build but I have already taken lost fusion lore, sword lore & armor lore,

and my tg is at level 5

now im thinking of taking enhanced perception & bargaing & constitution & concentration & speed lore & tactics lore... any ideas ?

Hi guys,

I have some notes about Loco´s melee build idea:

* Constitution - useless skill and waste of mastery, high shield power with +LL and/or +%LL is enough for your HP.

* Three masteries at lvl75 - Tactics (obviously max. damage)

- Devout Focus (mastery due to max efficiency of Combat Alert and T-Shield)

- Warding Energy Lore (for max. shield power, also increase +Shield power item modifier!)

* T-Shroud mod Reduction instead of Recharge (check wiki describtions of recharge). Even with Tactics mastery the amount of in-combat shield regen is too small. 10-15% all-channel mitigation is much better.

* Combat alert mod Assault instead of Barricade. At higher difficulties (platinum, niob), you will really need tons of Attack. And there are various defensive ways for your char other than defense:-)

* Deathly Spears - Batter (resp. knockback) is maybe good defensive utility (for melee character?), but for gameplay it is very annoying.

* Dedicated blow - regen time 0.5s. It can be higher, because animation speed of DB is higher than 0.5s even with both 150% attack/casting speed.

* Hafted or Sword? go for sword with new character without much support and find Officier Saber, or go for Hafted if you have some nice Kaldurs:-) Anyway, it is possible to play melee TG without weapon lore skill, but it needs some good support and items crafting.

* Skill options - Spell resistance or Damage lore or some fusion skill for JT.

Maybe it helps, it is just my opinion. Try check some pictures or videos from my last build. There are lots of examples.

Hi guys,

I have some notes about Loco´s melee build idea:

* Constitution - useless skill and waste of mastery, high shield power with +LL and/or +%LL is enough for your HP.

* Three masteries at lvl75 - Tactics (obviously max. damage)

- Devout Focus (mastery due to max efficiency of Combat Alert and T-Shield)

- Warding Energy Lore (for max. shield power, also increase +Shield power item modifier!)

* T-Shroud mod Reduction instead of Recharge (check wiki describtions of recharge). Even with Tactics mastery the amount of in-combat shield regen is too small. 10-15% all-channel mitigation is much better.

* Combat alert mod Assault instead of Barricade. At higher difficulties (platinum, niob), you will really need tons of Attack. And there are various defensive ways for your char other than defense:-)

* Deathly Spears - Batter (resp. knockback) is maybe good defensive utility (for melee character?), but for gameplay it is very annoying.

* Dedicated blow - regen time 0.5s. It can be higher, because animation speed of DB is higher than 0.5s even with both 150% attack/casting speed.

* Hafted or Sword? go for sword with new character without much support and find Officier Saber, or go for Hafted if you have some nice Kaldurs:-) Anyway, it is possible to play melee TG without weapon lore skill, but it needs some good support and items crafting.

* Skill options - Spell resistance or Damage lore or some fusion skill for JT.

Maybe it helps, it is just my opinion. Try check some pictures or videos from my last build. There are lots of examples.

Great suggestions Vaclaf, I will take a look at those when I can play again.

hmmm I am still working upon my own build.... won't be playing Sacred 2 for a few days so will be researching upon the whole thing... will let you know in one or 2 days ..

Thanks for the inputs Vaclaf

Check out vaclaf's builds in his sig. He has some cool stuff with lost fusion.

Thats a really cool build but I have already taken lost fusion lore, sword lore & armor lore,

and my tg is at level 5

now im thinking of taking enhanced perception & bargaing & constitution & concentration & speed lore & tactics lore... any ideas ?

It's sounds like you're new to the game. I'd suggest just messing around on your own until, say, Level 20 or 30 or somewhere in there (and be ready to scrap the character once you're finished). You're asking for help with builds before knowing even the basics, and it really helps to understand why builds are done certain ways.

Play around with Lost Fusion, play around with Devout Guardian, and even consider playing around with Source Warden. A "melee" Temple Guardian would be running Dedicated Blow and maybe Battle Extension (though I assume spamming Dedicated Blow is better, based on what people have said). And that's what you'd be doing with a melee Temple Guardian. All of the Lost Fusion CAs are spells. Deathly Spears is a spell. I'm pointing out these details, because it strikes me as if you don't actually realize what you're asking for.

and my tg is at level 5

It's sounds like you're new to the game. I'd suggest just messing around on your own until, say, Level 20 or 30 or somewhere in there (and be ready to scrap the character once you're finished). You're asking for help with builds before knowing even the basics, and it really helps to understand why builds are done certain ways.

Play around with Lost Fusion, play around with Devout Guardian, and even consider playing around with Source Warden. A "melee" Temple Guardian would be running Dedicated Blow and maybe Battle Extension (though I assume spamming Dedicated Blow is better, based on what people have said). And that's what you'd be doing with a melee Temple Guardian. All of the Lost Fusion CAs are spells. Deathly Spears is a spell. I'm pointing out these details, because it strikes me as if you don't actually realize what you're asking for.

Actually yes... I am new to Sacred 2 though have played both the previous sacred games but just for the heck of it... I began this game straight away with a TG...

Now gonna go back to basics with a shadow warrior and learn things properly then will take this thing up...

• 1 month later...
hmmm I am still working upon my own build.... won't be playing Sacred 2 for a few days so will be researching upon the whole thing... will let you know in one or 2 days ..

Thanks for the inputs Vaclaf

When building a Melee TG, you want to keep this in focus:

Tactics Lore is helpful but not by a long shot. The conversion rate of damage in Dedicated Blow and modding it to Convert more damage from physical to least resistant, increasing the chance to hit, and inceasing the damage of the DB as modifications are solid! The best hafted weapon for the TG would have to be the Skullsmasher since the Ice and Blood expansion added "direct damage" modification. This helps very well against Demons and other enemies that have equal resistances to all elemental types (meaning that Dedicated Blow's damage conversion is least useful against these enemies and will random an elemental damage type altogether).

This also can be changed in to a very very viable PvP build should you wish to modify Deathly Spears for knockback/fire damage addon/jabs (additional spear casts at earlier levels) so that your enemies are unable to react as deathly spears has a very high chance to knockback and while casting DB the CA will cast anyway (even when knockback is in effect).

Some people may wish to acquire Concentration and SW Focus to add Untouchable Force in to the buff list for the TG. This is far less effective in PvP against Seraphim who use Baneful Smite and High Elves who use Cobalt Strike, or even Dryads/Inquisitors who use Black Curse and I forgot the Inquisitor's debuff-modded CA from his NN tree.

By the time you master Hafted Weapons skill (should be actually 2nd to Devout Guardian Focus) so that your Dedicated Blow will acquire a chance for double hit (when coupled with "regeneration per hit" modification alongside a modified battery that has "chance that opponent cannot evade attacks %" you will not only have a very high chance to hit regardless of attack values but you will too be able to instantly recast Dedicated blow on the same enemy (ie, bosses, PvP).

With regards to your modification choices on T Energy shroud - make sure you get the mitigation (damage reduction) modification which is the silver one instead of shield regeneration in combat... The shield regeneration modification is better for casters who can't afford to lose their shields as they tend to focus more on Intelligence and Stamina rather than Strength and Willpower in the case of your intended Melee TG. Otherwise, I'd say all is good with your intended melee TG build.

• 3 weeks later...

Vaclaf,

I know recharge mod on T shield doesn't give the full non-combat shield regeneration. But what about take combat alert as a buff with repair mod. And constitution. We still take Warding Energy Lore. Is all taht redundant. It makes me feel like the TG is just a walking energy shield. Has anyone tested all that regeneration. It would be a compromise with the energy shield but it might be interesting.

Regeneration is great for steady hits. The shield for the big blow.