Adventures of the level 200 Consignor !

garden1.png

Heya everyone !

Time to share the lastest clan project with everybody !

The basic idea is to build a trader at level 200.

I got some motivation to try the challenge after seeing record-lvlings coming from our friends of the german community. :)

After long hours of trading to get precious and rares items for super-lvling, I've called all the clan members to get a permanent full server for starting the challenge.

• Day 0 - Saturday, October 9, 2010 -

Entering confirmation code for new slots...

Birth-Certificate

Name : Clan [D.a.r.k] Consignor level 200

Character : High Elf

Born the : Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 19h24 GMT, Baptized with Testa at Sloeford

Swamps, Grunwald and Jungle portals activated

Mount and 50k gold as 1st Birthday-gift

Silver Start-gear equipped, Potions and Combat arts ready

consignor2001.png

• Day 1 - Sunday, October 10, 2010 -

Heart beating really fast, it'll be soon the time to start lvling from 1 to 60...

Everyone is waiting in the server, full server, +123% experience bonus, mount ready to walk, best conditions for the challenge.

First levels in Tyr-Lysia against some kobolds... and level 34 elves. Got no problems with the elves, as I've just avoided them. :gogo:

Our elf got alchemy at level 5, we need to boost potions duration and effects !

Already level 9 in 20 minutes, time to jump in grunwald and kill some humans.

Humans were fast to kill, so the level 16 came really fast. Hmm... what can happen at this level ?

We can equip our level 20 niob gear. And here we got a super +202,8% experience bonus !

Potions duration increased, excellent experience-bonus, time to start the usual jungle-swamps-jungle-swamps-runs. Starting this run at Na'Fian, our elf got level 16-34 in the first run !

The first swamps run is touching his end, and the elf touched her level 40 in 1h17.

consignor20040.png

We start to see gold difficulty far of here...

And the runs continued again and again till an bad event happened... the dead of the mount at level 59,7... argh!

Needed to open campaign-server with the quest with another account, to get back fast my beloved mount... and restart the run for the 0,3 level remaining to get 60 and access to gold. :scare2:

And here we are, 4 minutes later... seeing gold difficulty coming to us in 2h36 !

New difficulty, also mean some update of the gear, with higher level set items and jewels.

• Day 2 - Monday, October 11, 2010 -

Well, already time to start the new running-day in the hope to get 60-100. The serv is always full, that's good !

But before, we need calcium, magnesium... ect... Everything we can find in buff-runes. :crazy:

A good lunch of runes and new clothes to get high-level buffs and +240% experience bonus and go go go !

The run is always the same, and 60-75 was really fast. 75 ?! Time for masteries !

Pyro Lore, Pyro Focus and Constitution, and soon concentration, best friends of the pyromancer elf. CA level boost, damage and crit boost, all is good ! After this short moment of joy, the run restarted.

consignor20075.png

75-100, 25 lvls to get, Platin is far far, but motivation haven't left us !

Finally, got the level 100 in 6h39, DING DING DING DING...

Whew... the first part of the project is already done, thanks to everyone !

Then it's time to jump in platin and taking some bonus-lvls in a new full-server, thanks to Vortillion, Llama, Red Velvet and Knuckles.

Damage taken was higher, but doesn't matter, experience was better than in Gold. During this night (hm, french night at least), Furian runned the platin camp to get access to niob with our elf. :)

consignor200100.png

As playing with so much experience-gear is a bit dangerous, I think I'll jump in niob at level 120... while dreaming of the 200. ;)

But for now I see new hours of trading to get new good jewelry.

• Day 3 - Tuesday, October 12, 2010 -

21 levels in a day, 107->128.

She's finally in the last difficulty, niob. Ennemies are tougher but experience too :sleep:

New gear, +280% experience bonus, a champion garema give 75k experience in a full server !

I wanted to get the 129th before going to bed but unfortunatly a champion panther had eaten my poor mount ! :o

Will get a new one later !

• Day 4 - Thursday, October 21, 2010 -

Mission today for the elf : getting the full mount quest in campain to get a mount when it's needed.

While doing this quest I got 1 level, 129 now with a new fresh mount ready for hours of running !

It's time to join the friends to continue walking on the way of the 200. 71 lvls remaining... wew, I hope to get it in the next 10 days. :)

135 now, thanks to the friends for the company in the server !

• Day 5 - Friday, October 22, 2010 -

Nothing really exciting to say for now. The leveling start to be slower and slower.

Motivation is still there, thanks to the friends :) I need around 350 ennemies to kill and about 30 minutes for a level now. These numbers will surely continue to increase soon. ^^

Anyway, got 13 levels today, still 148 now.

• Day 6 - Saturday, October 23, 2010 -

Starting at 148 today, the 200 is not so far, just need 1,292,126,600 experience... :secret:

And at 148,8, time to say something in the chat and I lost my mount. 4 minutes later I was back with a new mount thanks to the saved quest in campain.

DING DING DING 150 DING DING DING

Here is a special video of the level 150 ding :

393406-4.jpg

Wow... and now this elf have now 24 hours of playing and some 26k of kills already ! :)

1dforconsignor.png

And the run continued, till the 156, after all 8 levels in a day is not that bad and even, it's enough for now. :P

-Pictures and Postcards Garden-

garden2q.png

garden3.png

garden4.png

garden5.png

garden6.png

garden8.png

garden9.png

garden10.png

garden11.png

garden7.png

:)

Edited by Woody
  • Like! 1

This probably is a really nooby question lol, but I've played sacred 2 for about 6 months now, and have only ever unlocked the higher difficulty by completing the campaign, but here you said "got to 60 and unlocked Gold", does this mean you automatically get gold at 60 without completing silver? If so, I never knew that :)

Alex

EDIT: I play PS3, if that make a difference

Edited by hoy145
This probably is a really nooby question lol, but I've played sacred 2 for about 6 months now, and have only ever unlocked the higher difficulty by completing the campaign, but here you said "got to 60 and unlocked Gold", does this mean you automatically get gold at 60 without completing silver? If so, I never knew that :)

Alex

level 60 unlock gold

level 100 unlock platin

level 140 unlock niob

You don't need to finish the campain.

Alex

level 60 unlock gold

level 100 unlock platin

level 140 unlock niob

You don't need to finish the campain.

I never knew that :) No longer do I have to do the pointless hours of running around solo, thanks for that info :),

Alex

My PC is low end, but I can even dualbox with it:

3.6+ Ghz AMD Sempron (Single core)

4 GB RAM

512 MB/128 bit GeForce 8600 GT

and it works well. My PC is very outdated (bought it in the beginning of 2008, so almost 3 years now) for the current standards, but it plays Sacred 2 on low and low-mid setting really well. I tried making it run on high and I didn't see that much difference (except for lighting, shadows, glows, etc), so I'm pleased.

That's not as bad as I thought. I might just build a near-high end PC, and upgrade it when S3 comes out. The advantages of doing IT at college :)

Cheers for the info,

Alex

Edited by hoy145

Would it not be best to cut this character off at around level 150?

Bringing a character with trade skill to 200 also brings the negative impacts of clvl vs trade level = almost all items in shop are blue/white even with trade skill boosted up to 2-3x character level...

It is very easy to see with the level 200 test dummy characters. The higher the character level, the worse trading becomes. Using the test dummies, it can take hours for even 1 +all skills item to appear in shops....

Get it to the lowest level to buy the max stat things;

Like if the cap on all skills is +9 or whatnot, get it to the level those become available (around 150ish I think) and park it. You have a much, much better chance of shopping them this way, and further 'leveling' will only negatively impact this.

Just a thought.

EDIT*

To show in clearer detail;

HE gets 7 equipment slots.

Lets also add 2 more for shield/sword etc.

Pretend all are available with 3 slots.

This is 27 slots total.

We fill these with max +9 all skills items, to boost trade.

This gives us additional 243 skills.

150+243 = 393. A decent trade level at character level 150, however you would probably want it much higher even.

Using gear with trade/all skills on them along with slots trying to eek out at least 3x character level (450) would be best. Even more if possible, using the 6 jewel slots ( another possible 54 skills) the elf has.

I left out 'double' stat jewels due to their availability. +18 in each socket would obviously be incredible, but who has 30+ double stat all skills items?

Cheers,

Edited by r00ster

My level 200 TG have 620 in bargaining and can get good offers, when my level 120 HE with 420 in barg really rarely get something interessant and same for my level 66 dryad with 328 in barg...

I'll not base my playing on this bugged skill, it's a waste of time to search to know when and with how many points in it it'll finally work....

Don't forget also, +xx bargaining amulets were not nerfed, they have a better value than +xx all skills...

Edited by Woody

Another thing to consider are the unique Necklace of Greed items. They have a lot of bargaining on them, and it's always worth keeping those.

My PC is low end, but I can even dualbox with it:

3.6+ Ghz AMD Sempron (Single core)

4 GB RAM

512 MB/128 bit GeForce 8600 GT

and it works well. My PC is very outdated (bought it in the beginning of 2008, so almost 3 years now) for the current standards, but it plays Sacred 2 on low and low-mid setting really well. I tried making it run on high and I didn't see that much difference (except for lighting, shadows, glows, etc), so I'm pleased.

I got you beat on the low end of things, I think... This stuff was state of the art back in oh... 2006 (except for the video card, hard drive and Windows 7 which are like 2008/2009 vintage technology).

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2 GHz)

3 GB dual channeled DDR 400 PC3200 RAM

Nvidia GT220 based video card with 1 GB VRAM

1 TB Western Digital HDD

Windows 7 32 bit Professional edition

Sacred 2 runs fine for the most part. It gets a bit wonky after about 6-8 solid hours of play. especially if I pause and Alt-Tab out to a browser to update a wiki entry a lot. I have to use the compatability mode trick to get it to run for more than 10 seconds - these are known issues with Sacred 2 and Win 7.

I'm also having a few issues with save games not wanting to load if I hit the northeast end of Artamark region but I think those may also be OS related. I understand there's a patch for Ice and Blood that makes the game more Win 7 friendly. I'm currently debating on how/when I'm going to get myself a copy of Sacred 2: Gold.

Other than that, the game runs fine in low and medium graphics. Ultra high graphics results in the game becoming a bit of a slide show especially with physX enabled.

My level 200 TG have 620 in bargaining and can get good offers, when my level 120 HE with 420 in barg really rarely get something interessant and same for my level 66 dryad with 328 in barg...

I'll not base my playing on this bugged skill, it's a waste of time to search to know when and with how many points in it it'll finally work....

Don't forget also, +xx bargaining amulets were not nerfed, they have a better value than +xx all skills...

Character class does have a large impact on what is sold as well.

IIRC, seraphim and TG are the only characters that can buy 'shield' based socketables with any regularity.

The pairing of mods is also different depending on the character with trade.

I wouldn't say it's bugged, but it definitely is quirky. I remember a bug report about how it gets steadily worse the higher level the player gets, due to its mechanics.

It was replied to that it would not see change.

Anyway, good tip on the +bargaining stuff. I'd forgotten them.

Cheers,

I got you beat on the low end of things, I think... This stuff was state of the art back in oh... 2006 (except for the video card, hard drive and Windows 7 which are like 2008/2009 vintage technology).

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2 GHz)

3 GB dual channeled DDR 400 PC3200 RAM

Nvidia GT220 based video card with 1 GB VRAM

1 TB Western Digital HDD

Windows 7 32 bit Professional edition

Sacred 2 runs fine for the most part. It gets a bit wonky after about 6-8 solid hours of play. especially if I pause and Alt-Tab out to a browser to update a wiki entry a lot. I have to use the compatability mode trick to get it to run for more than 10 seconds - these are known issues with Sacred 2 and Win 7.

In my opinion, your system is better than you think :lol: That PC you have can easily quad-box Sacred 2 on low settings and beg for more.

To stay on the topic, it will be a good idea to farm bosses with the consignor when the level is right - check the necklace of greed levels on wiki and go for it. That's the best solution for shoppers in every occasion.

Heya everyone ;)

Finally back, but don't know for how much time...

Unfortunatelly I don't have a lot of time for playing, and it'll be not better the next weeks, but I'll continue the challenge till the end of course. ;) So don't worry if I "disappear" an entire week without giving any news... I'll be back for sure then.

So, back to our project :

Let's say I'll play today, as usual if anyone can already start the server it's ok, I'll start to play around 18h30 GMT

And here is the countdown :) -> http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html?ye...e=Next%20Server

Woody

Edited by Woody