Whats your favorite movies?

1 hour ago, Dax said:

Ok, I just watched "Viktoria". It´s not my cup of tea to be honest. Too many swearwords, low life language and some petty
criminals that are acting like big shots.

Sadly the type of language is pretty realistic nowadays. When I was young the youth department of volunteer firefighters was used to  tell people to walk away, make room, ....

Nowadays I would prefer my daughters to do real fire fighting rather than moving into a crowd and telling them to stop doing videos. Or than have the youth firefighters trying to build plastic screens to block sight. Thrown bottles and stones, insults, ... It is sad, but often I have to send the most experienced people to cover a firefighting operation instead having them direct at the fire or car crash.

I hope the new laws will change that. Doing videos of injured or dead people: 2 years prison. Preventing firefighters to do their job: 2 years prison. If you are first at a scene: call police and firefighters then do first aid. You are forced to do first aid, else 2 years. If already enough people helping or police is at the scene you are not allowed to stop, else 2 years because hindering rescue people to do their job. Journalist's rights have to stay behind rescuing. The right to live is above journalism.

Either the new laws help or it gets even more dangerous and we will be forced to wear Kevlar vests (as in some parts of big towns) when walking into a crowd. And we are not even paid for it.

It is sad but I consider the movie as realistic :(

You´re going in hard, chattius, but I must confess that you´re mostly right. The total laissez-faire of the past 5 decades now
comes back to us like a boomerang.
But it is also a matter of personal hardening. I recommend Krav Maga, Kyukushin Karate, or Thai-Boxing. Rolling
around on the ground trying to apply a leg lock is good for women, rape prevention, but since you face armed groups nowadays,
it´s very likely, that you catch a knife to the neck, belly or heart when you´re immobile.

Yes, I know all the stories about Berlin, which can be considered as failed (federal) state and yes it is absolutely possible that
such stories are daily buisness in Berlin, or any city where the authorities have lost control because the integration of
migrants has failed.   
Speaking of penalties, then I´m pro prison time, but the family should get the bill. If order doesn´t get restored, our
rightwing party will become even stronger and I´m not so sure if that´s a good idea. Also, the society will continue to erode
even further. It won´t end good because our politicians aren´t interested in solving the situation. It´s simply too hot.

None of the self defense technics you mentioned works against a crowd. People feel stronger when member of a crowd and it is more likely that they will do trouble. The new laws punish way harder if a crowd hinders rescuing, threatens or injures rescue people.

My daughters are trained in a combination of Capoeira, a variant of Bojitsu and soccer. Capoeira was a class offered by a dance school. Reading body language and going with the movement of your partner/opponent. Training helps when dancing or defending. Bojitsu is useful because when building plastic screens you have a stick or pole not far away.

So firefighting self defense prefers a dirty fight style. Often you carry heavy equipment and can't do normal karate like stuff. One trick is to watch your enemy, move your upper body in same rythm he does and then do a steelcap-boot powered kick to his ankle with all the anger of 300 soccer games not allowed to do it. You can't kick much higher with 30kilo equipment. You have to keep balance.

Mmh, I tried to prove the point that you can fight for your life if necessary if you do martial arts. Most people are completely
helpless and an easy prey which is surely one reason why things went out of control during the last years.
Hitting and kicking the weak and helpless is as old as mankind itself. We grew up sheltered and warm during the last 70 years.
This time is coming to an end slowly. Those who don´t want to learn, or refuse to see, will learn it the hard way. Ideology,
doesn´t matter which one, is always blocking the sight.
Well, if you´re wearing steel clad boots, a chin should break like a rotten branch. I hope you never have to use your technique.
Now, let´s stop it. Don´t you got a good movie for me chattius?