Whats your favorite movies?

M is talking about how much easier to know who you enemy was and what they wanted back then

:yay:

~Doom

• 2 months later...
The Highlander....'There can be only One...........Conor, where are we?'

YES!! Another Highlander fan!

- The Princess Bride [1987] A classic fairy tale, but includes one of the best sword fights in any movie I have ever seen. It is almost as if two people who actually know how to fence are fighting . . .

- Raiders of the Lost Ark [1981] Non-stop action, reminiscent of the cliff-hangers from an earlier age. The later installments in the series paled in comparison and the new one coming out soon will probably bite.

Great taste for the classics Ike! Who doesn't love Indiana Jones? "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die."

Okay this isn't in any specific order...

1. 12 Monkeys

2. American History X

3. Primal Fear

4. Harry Potter (all)

5. Beauty and the Beast (Disney)

6. Butterfly Effect

7. Stigmata

8. Elizabeth

9. Flatliners

10. Dangerous Liaisons

11. The Illusionist

12. The Prestige

13. Equilibrium

etc etc etc.... I could go on forever...

Another Christian Bale fan? :D Equilibrium is good, but if you have good eyes there were so many theatric mistakes. The cut is not good enough to hide these errors. But the story is very good, just nothing like the Matrix.

Anyway, I recently saw the "Kill Bill" v.1 v.2 again without the annoying subtitle, and I must say I appreciated the movie a lot more. Well of course I'm being unfair, I happens to know all the languages used in the film (struggled a bit with the Japanese).

No I'm not asking you all to learn all these languages in order to see this one film, but this film is uniquely something. A revenge movie! How many directors dared to do it. And to do it in three/four different languages! And on top of that, local crews were used wherever the scene is filmed. That takes guts I think.

No it won't be my favorite movie, not of Quentin Tarantino either, but I throughly enjoyed it. :P

• 4 months later...

Ok here I go in no particular order lol

Grease (both)

Star Wars (all)

Harry Potter (all)

A Knight's Tale

Save the Last Dance

10 Things I Hate About You

The Breakfast Club

Sleeping Beauty (Disney hahaha)

Riding in Cars with Boys

Everafter

The Wedding Singer

Triple X (I was gonna put XXX but thought that would look bad hahaha)Vin Diesel need I say more hahaha

I love anything with Heath Ledger with the exception of Broke Back Mountain I will never see that film because it will truly break my heart hahaha. I have also never seen Casablanca so I guess yall will get me too lol.

hmmm this list could go on forever but heres a few for starters

STAR WARS (THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY) clocks in for the all time fav...

Die Hard (all of em...)

Striking Distance (Bruce Willis)

Sin City (Yes Bruce)

300 (No Bruce but it woulda been better if he was in it)

THe Last Boy Scout (Yes Bruce)

Mercury Rising (Yes Bruce)

The Fifth Element (Yes Bruce) and its a funny movie

12 Monkeys (Yes Bruce)

The Jackal (Yes Bruce)

Lucky Number Slevin (Yes Bruce)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but if you can't tell, I worship Bruce Willis as if he were someone to be worshipped lol. oh almost forgot, Tears of the Sun (Yes Bruce) and the Sixth Sense (Yes Bruce) and Unbreakable (Yes Bruce AND Samuel L.)

another good one is Shaft with Samuel L. and the Negotiator with Samuel L.

-Total

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

LOTR surely has a mystic appeal to it. Agree... still didn't make it my all time though, and many can guess y. The books of course. They are something else. :D

Anyway, I'm wondering if we can change gear a little bit. Quite a few of us know about movies, I'm wondering about your take on B&W. Oh those are really something else.

Of the little B&W I seen, I loved "Shichinin no samurai" deeply (Seven Samurai).

Akira Kurosawa's films are extraordinary, but this one really is something else. Although I have trouble looking for anything older from him. Any expert around and can possibly enlighten me?

well, my answer is a bit unusual. As I said on my forum application, my favorite movie is extremely difficult to select - I really liked so many of the selections listed above.

That said, the best movie I have ever seen is none of my favorites -- it is the ONLY movie I have seen that I will never watch again. It was just too emotionally draining. I sat and cried for 15 minutes after it ended before I could even get out of my seat to leave. Tears come even now, 30 years later, just thinking of it.

The Deer Hunter.

Aaahhhh! How to choose, so many good films but only a very few GREAT films!

Well, my all-time favourites would have to be;

1) The Passion of the Christ - (I will never get over this film!) :bow:

2) Hobson's Choice :hugs:

3) The African Queen :wub:

4) Fried Green Tomatoes :)

5) The Music Man :woot:

6) Desperado :gun2:

7) Animal House :tease:

8) Fiddler on the Roof :yay:

9) The 13th Warrior :viking:

10) Ice Age :4rofl:

I leave it to you to find out about these films if you are interested. Who knows, you might try them and find you like them too!

Edited by podgie_bear

Hmm a top ten list....I'm sure I'd forget several but here goes (in no particular order)

1) Princess Bride

2) Heavy Metal

3) Pulp Fiction

4) Urban Cowboy

5) Lord of the Rings Trilogy

6) The Shining

7) Animal House

8) Fast Times at Ridgemont High

9) Ferris Bueller's Day Off

10) Rocky Horror Picture Show

11) Saving Private Ryan

12) Platoon

13) Forget Paris

14) Monty Python and the Holy Grail

15) Young Frankenstein

16) Lady Hawke

17) Ordinary People

18) Hair

19) All the President's Men

20) Any Bonds movie (with Sean Connery)

I know I said top ten but I got on a roll :D

1. Ringu - Japanese The Ring

2. Tale of two sisters

3. LOTR - The two towers

4. Pitch Black

5. Queen of damned

6. Ju-On : The grudge (Japanese!)

7. The day after tomorrow (such a long name, in Polish it's only ONE word ;) )

8. Red planet

9. Belfegor - more funny than scary

10. Ice age

Telari :) do u like the ring? it was humiliating when I saw it I was like hiding behind a friend of mines shoulder 70% of the movie! and she was a girl that had invited me over because she didnt dare to see it alone ;)

Yes, Telari, I agree, and it's very much true... it was more a movie that got us sad than especially scared. I also loved the way they had to figure out what was going on from all the pictures and sleuth their way to the final area.

There was something I did really like that I saw in Ringu...the first time I ever saw that very creepy way they moved dead people in that chopped /sequence moves. It was the first time I saw it and it to this day that effect has been copied in so many other japanese horror movies.

Respect

:)

gogo

1) singin in the rain

2) sound of music

3) the highlander franchise (except the last one that one SUCKED)

4) the star trek franchise

5) the star wars franchise

6) anything with Fred Astaire in it

7)anything with Gene Kelley in it

8) Ranma 1/2 and Tenchi Muyo anime series

9) National Treasure Movies (all of them)

10) Harry Potter Franchise

(in no particular order)

yeah thats more like it mom! :) but u missed iceage and shrek :blink:

PS: now at airport, 30 mins to the plain goes off :sigh: I love the fact it's internet at the gates! :)

3) the highlander franchise (except the last one that one SUCKED)

Sean Connery + Christopher Lambert, no more needs to be said. :)

9) National Treasure Movies (all of them)

(in no particular order)

I got a big kick out of seeing nicholas cage in the first one...are all the rest of them just as good? lol, I keep passing it by in the video store

:P

gogo

p.s. lol, Erling internet at the gates...safe trip my friend... and stay tuned for the google implant... internet... 24/7 ! ^^

p.s.s First highlander was excellent. A real classic...but I kind of lost interest in it after that...specially after the series came out... blech :P