Blowguns with Damage lore

S-P

If you use a blowgun with Damage lore do you get all the possible damage bonus or just the one you have socketed I.e. magic pearl - weakness or do you get all the possible damages weakness, fire, frost and poison?

I am not 100% positive on this question.

The most logical would be...if your Damage Lore is mastered and your getting the mastery bonus modifier. The blowpipe you are using has native damage properties. For example, chance to burn +X%. Then the mastery bonus would stack on top of this native +X% value creating a higher value.

I do not think just because you are using a blowpipe and have Damage Lore, you will see a benefit from either. Damage Lore has to have something to work off of for it to take effect.

I remain, :drool:

I am not 100% positive on this question.

The most logical would be...if your Damage Lore is mastered and your getting the mastery bonus modifier. The blowpipe you are using has native damage properties. For example, chance to burn +X%. Then the mastery bonus would stack on top of this native +X% value creating a higher value.

I do not think just because you are using a blowpipe and have Damage Lore, you will see a benefit from either. Damage Lore has to have something to work off of for it to take effect.

I remain, :drool:

Yeah , thinking about it you are probably right. Only lists the damage of socketed item. But Blowpipes have a base 2% weaken, poison, fire and frost? So I guess you get 2% base chance of one of the effects depending on what item is socketed. :)

But Blowpipes have a base 2% weaken, poison, fire and frost?

Actually, I'm not sure they all do. I know you can get the secondary effects on the pipes if you have the ranged skill...but I think there are number of different types of pipes, some with the secondary effects (I think those even have a special skin, and other stats are amped to make up for this) while others do come with it.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Blowguns

If you get a pipe with all the secondary effects native, you'll get percentages to inflict all of the types, and I think others have tested and found it's possible have a multitude of effects running at once.

Course, the largest elemental percentage secondary effect will come from your socketed element.

:drool:

gogo

It enhances secondary effects two ways (could be more I think with Mastery, I'd have to check my toon)

Higher chance of getting things inflicted

more damage or more ticks...I forget which

Good way to understand this could be by running a lan test.

If you are able to inflict a secondary burn on a enemy, for example, you will see, let's say, ten points of damage, two ticks

with Damage Lore

50 points of damage, 4 ticks

...or something like that ^^

:drool:

gogo

OK, I see what you mean. I think I'll run some test with my current Toon and see what happens.

AFAIK, only the secondary effects of the damage types you have on your blowpipe can be inflicted. So, if your blowpipe has only physical damage, Damage Lore will only increase the "chance to wound". If your pipe has Physical, Magic and Fire, damage types, then Damage Lore increases the chances that you proc "wounds", weakness and fire DoT.

You cannot poison an enemy unless you are doing poison damage (and likewise for the other effects).

Hope that helps!

I know what you mean, but I was curious about basic physical damage Blowpipes that have secondary damage on them I.e. 2% weaken etc. I was just wondering if Damage lore increased these base stats or just the elemental damage that you get when you socket them. I know later you tend to get them with some other damage other than physical, especially with a shopper like my dryad in which case it takes that as a base to work from.