Discuss builds you want to see

Yes most people seem to use dislodged spirit first in a combination to have best usage of its weakening effect. But if you use it last you can use it to recharge mass killing combinations. I didn't take a lore and I won't socket damage once in niob, so I really wonder whow this character will do.

I play the AddOn, so don't know if it works same on consoles. And it needs near 20 runes for full recharges (I used master hand regeneration).

The Temple Guardian has also a RpH touch combat art.

This is for console:

I would like to see a temple guardian that uses Primal mutation as the boss killer. Not deathly spears, not dedicated blow.

If any other combat arts are used, they cannot inflict meaningful damage (however they can be used defensively)

I would also like to see a character that uses energy pistols as the primary weapon, and really leverages them.

Finally, I want a build where the the testa god ability a primary focus for the character - that means divine devotion MUST be selected.

This is for console:

I would like to see a temple guardian that uses Primal mutation as the boss killer. Not deathly spears, not dedicated blow.

We were just talking about that. Do-able, yes... IMO. Now that I have verification how the "debuffs" scale, it would have to be a pretty specialized build.

If any other combat arts are used, they cannot inflict meaningful damage (however they can be used defensively)

I would also like to see a character that uses energy pistols as the primary weapon, and really leverages them.

Death's Chirr... has deathblow+socket. I've used it a lot with any ranged build-attempts... fun stuff. Really leveraging them... how? Using scaling mods unlocked by ranged weapons? Massive damage?

Finally, I want a build where the the testa god ability a primary focus for the character - that means divine devotion MUST be selected.

Yaus! This one I have just tried! Inquisitor. Purifying buff with Occult mod to get Magic Damage +%. I thought it was going to be completely mind-blowing... then I realized that Testa heals, so good-bye to the Enraged damage bonus :P It was still VERY potent godspell for the first 30-40 levels, and I wasn't even using a buff-suit yet. But, it WAS silver difficulty.

EDIT - sorry for double-post, I messed up the multi-quote feature, I think.

Yes most people seem to use dislodged spirit first in a combination to have best usage of its weakening effect. But if you use it last you can use it to recharge mass killing combinations. I didn't take a lore and I won't socket damage once in niob, so I really wonder whow this character will do.

I play the AddOn, so don't know if it works same on consoles. And it needs near 20 runes for full recharges (I used master hand regeneration).

I have used DS last in combos for normal mobs. Bosses, it is usually second in combo (after IS). I was tinkering with a caster-Inquisitor, and I was using DS with the wildfire gold mod. I put DS last in the combo to give best chances to proc. the explosion. If DS didn't kill the enemy on casting, then there was time to cast Levin Array or Raving Thrust while DS was still active. With Maelstrom, I had DS first, because of console targeting system; but IS-CM-DS would be useable on console. For a hybrid, Callous Execution-DS would be cool, too.

Hrm... something for the subconscious to think of while I play a few other games for a little while ;).

Edited by essjayehm
Death's Chirr... has deathblow+socket. I've used it a lot with any ranged build-attempts... fun stuff. Really leveraging them... how? Using scaling mods unlocked by ranged weapons? Massive damage?

I mean that the bullets do neat things (I think they wrap around the screen if they go to the end?)

or somehow take advantage of the multi-damage-type from those bullets to proc multiple status effects on enemies, or just finding super neat-o pistols with unusual powers, that work well because of ranged mastery + your particular character selection/CAs.

• 2 weeks later...

An arcane elf with pistol and magic coup has kinda explosive bullets which she can shoot while being invisible from teleport modifier. But all damage would be magical, and ranged skill wouldn't be needed. Just equip a melee elf with a pistol.

On another topic:

I used to do sacred2 homeworks when my kids asked for special computer gear: graphic card, 3D-mouse, ...

So they had to play spidergirls (kungfu dryads), full 3 aspect elves, ...

Do you think that it is too cruel to ask that they level an elven character from begin to niobium without arcane or storm aspect and are only allowed to modify both fire buffs, fireballs and meteor showers?

Do you think that it is too cruel to ask that they level an elven character from begin to niobium without arcane or storm aspect and are only allowed to modify both fire buffs, fireballs and meteor showers?

I don't think it's cruel at all the way you challenge them when they ask for something special like that. I know that you usually will pretest the challenge yourself to some extent to see if it will even work. :)

They will try out an only fire aspect elf as described above. They did a challenge for me (reward would be 20 hours free babysitting for the twins) if I would play a

'Maximum damage Voodoo Totem Dryad'

I know Chrona tried one, but it was pre-AddOn, when deathblow was still working in spells. Anyone has a dryad build optimized for maximal possible Totem damage?

The rules are that every skill taken has to boost totem damage in one way or the other. I spend 3 hours in a train this morning, and my first pen and paper design looks strange. Somehow I run out of skills.

02 tactics - 9 points

This is used to modify dustdevil for spell block and early Area of Effect damage. The reason for the build however is to unlock damage lore.

03 shield lore - 75 points

Will block nearly all weapon attacks. The reason for this build how ever is to unlock armour lore, which shortens Totem regeneration.

05 vodoo lore -75+ points

To modify totem early on and use from inside of a dustdevil.

08 armour lore - only 1 point ?

To shorten totem regeneration time = more damage.

12 nature magic focus - 75 points

Modifying barkskin, reason it has to be in is Acute Mind with its intelligence boost to Totem.

18 nature magic lore - 75 points

Acute Mind

25 voodoo focus - 75 points

35 damage lore - 75 points

Secondary effects from Totem's poison damage. Obviously has to be in a maximum damage build but it eats away 2 skills.

50 ancient magic

to break immunities

65 combat discipline

boosts totem damage

No constitution so all points belong to vitality.

Equipment:

Sacred_2:Helmet_of_Insanity

Sacred_2:Daerwain's_Revenge

Sacred_2:Shoulders_of_Flame

Sacred_2:Kuan's_Pride

or

Sacred_2:Tensanuil's_Legacy

Amulets and rings something like:

Jugala's_Necklace

Idea is to have 100% chance to halve regeneration time around level 140. So that even Combat Arts are at malus they will be casted at full speed when Acute Mind is up.