Simple pleasure

Couple days ago one of the guys at work asked if I could take a look at his pallet jack, the neutral went out of it. Causing the jack to pump higher as he moved pallets around.

Today I had a moment to look at it. Found an adjustment for it and now it works. But the thing is the pure enjoyment and happiness this guy expressed from such a simple thing had many of us here at work smiling.

Then I just saw him "testing it out" he didn't see me and a friend watching him. He's swinging the handle back and forth with a pallet loaded the smile on his face was totally genuine. Then he starts hootin and pumping his hand in the air.

Totally awesome. I feel good today, my karma meter is full, my job is complete. Have a nice day.

• Like! 1
Couple days ago one of the guys at work asked if I could take a look at his pallet jack, the neutral went out of it. Causing the jack to pump higher as he moved pallets around.

Today I had a moment to look at it. Found an adjustment for it and now it works. But the thing is the pure enjoyment and happiness this guy expressed from such a simple thing had many of us here at work smiling.

Then I just saw him "testing it out" he didn't see me and a friend watching him. He's swinging the handle back and forth with a pallet loaded the smile on his face was totally genuine. Then he starts hootin and pumping his hand in the air.

Totally awesome. I feel good today, my karma meter is full, my job is complete. Have a nice day.

Great days when that happens. It doesn't seem to happen often when we're in that rare moment you can do something really important that impacts someone else so positively. And you got to see his silent thanks to you in the way he must have shone.

How lucky you are!

:)

gogo

• 3 months later...

Well you sure are cheery for a Furian ;)

No, really...Good job, I love it when I can make someone smile from helping them out.