Can my PC run sacred 2 with Maximum Graphics

can this pc run sacred 2 whit maximum graphic:

intel core i5-650 (dual core 3.2 ghz)

4 gb ddr3 (1600 mhz)

xfx ati HD5770 850m (1024mb ddr5)

windows 7 home premium 64bit

because of my budget I can't get the topline computer, so can this do........ tired of the xbox

great thats what I want, I vant the detail level to be very high.

whitout the need to buy crissfire or sli editions that vil cost +2,500$ in my country.....(the one listed is about 1500$)

While the hardware should allow you to run sacred 2 with max graphic detail, I believe you may have a problem with win7 64bit.

If you have a problem with the game frequently crashing or not even starting please post here.

There are a couple of workarounds to try and I think dobs (a fellow clan DA mate) has done some work trying to get the game to run under win7.

Its late here so hence the vague references, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. :thumbsup:

Win 7 64 bit is hit and miss wether it will work for you with Sacred 2. For some it works well and for others you are lucky if you get 10 minutes before it freezes.

I hope that it works fine for you :thumbsup:

I started out with Win7 64 being the 10 minutes and freezes issue, but worked around it. I can now play for hours without issue. However, I think the variables of hardware, software, drivers etc make for different results for different users. As such I made partitions with XP 32, XP 64, Vista 32, and Win 7 64 and by far my Win7 64 is the fastest and most stable platform of them all. But as I said I think that is dependent on all the variables of each system.

I have:

ASRock Extreme P55 MB

Intel i5 750 quad core overclocked to 3.4GZ

8 Gb gskill 1600 ram

2x 640 Gb WD hardrives

BFG GTX260 video card

I'd love to know how you worked around it Loco? AFAIK I've tried every fix there is but still with no luck :)

My system is very similar to yours aside from the processer and GPU but it will never play for long without frezzing up.

XP is bugging me now and I long to be able to use Win 7 again.

Also depends on what you do or not do to your computer. Talked to too many donks who complain about crappy performance on a game only find out they did something to a piece of hardware(like overclocking) to 'improve' it. Also beware of the software like anything that claims to improve RAM usage. Vast majority of those programs actually slow down a game especially with loading times.

My system is-

Athalon Dual Core 2.5 GHz

2 Gig RAM

Nvidea 9800 GT 1GB

Can play Sacred 2 at full max with PhysX active with no problems. Do want to get some more RAM though. '64KB of ram is good enough for everyone' my butt!

I'd love to know how you worked around it Loco? AFAIK I've tried every fix there is but still with no luck :)

My system is very similar to yours aside from the processor and GPU but it will never play for long without frezzing up.

XP is bugging me now and I long to be able to use Win 7 again.

Mainly the things we have already discussed before Dobs.

1. Load the latest Nvidia driver, then immediately disable PhsyX.

2. In the Nvidia control panel I set graphics option to Defaults Application settings. I do have the GPU fan speed set to run at 75%(just fast enough not to be too loud) so that my GPU stays cool

3. Download and run the 4Gb patch on the sacred2.exe. (sorry don't have the linky here at work, but I will look for it)

4. Lastly, change the memmanager settings in the options.txt(optionsCustom.txt) to approx half the default value.

I Run at 1080 resolution with all sliders at max. (No Elite) I will reduce or turn off Grass textures as they are a huge memory hog.

AA is on 2x, Vsync on and weather in on.

I get FPS of 35-60 depending on how much action is on screen.

Thanks Loco, sorry if we discussed this before my memory is not good :)

I'll have another go after work tonight and try some of the things you suggested.

The 4gb patch is a new one to me, haven't patch or reinstalled the game for a long time now. A link would be very helpful but I'll see if I can find it later.

There are a few things there that will hopefully help.

Thanks again Loco, and sorry for hijacking this thread.

Also depends on what you do or not do to your computer. Talked to too many donks who complain about crappy performance on a game only find out they did something to a piece of hardware(like overclocking) to 'improve' it. Also beware of the software like anything that claims to improve RAM usage. Vast majority of those programs actually slow down a game especially with loading times.

My system is-

Athalon Dual Core 2.5 GHz

2 Gig RAM

Nvidea 9800 GT 1GB

Can play Sacred 2 at full max with PhysX active with no problems. Do want to get some more RAM though. '64KB of ram is good enough for everyone' my butt!

I would tend to agree - any software title that claims to make your system faster - or removing viruses and other crapware - should be avoided at ALL costs. They're nothing but a scam. They tell you to get the free analysis tool, after which they will try to liberate $90 from your wallet/bank account/credit card. They don't really do much of anything beneficial and can cause more problems than they fix.

My system is somewhat similar - Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2 GHz) Nvidia GT220 1 GB video - and 3 GB of RAM. But I can't quite get it to run Sacred 2 with Physx and full graphics. I can do the default graphics mode and see an occasional stutter. Of course, I'm running Sacred 2 on Windows 7 32 bit. I can get it to work for a few mins at the top level graphics with PhysX, but then it starts becoming a slide show.

And btw.. The quote regarding memory - that was supposed to be 640 KB.. And it was mistakenly attributed to Bill Gates.

Thanks Loco, sorry if we discussed this before my memory is not good :P

I'll have another go after work tonight and try some of the things you suggested.

The 4gb patch is a new one to me, haven't patch or reinstalled the game for a long time now. A link would be very helpful but I'll see if I can find it later.

There are a few things there that will hopefully help.

Thanks again Loco, and sorry for hijacking this thread.

Maybe you and I hadn't gone over all of them.

DB got us the link to the patch. it has an explanation on the website for what it is supposed to do. I can't say it was a Ta Da! moment but I think it helps. the latest change to the memmanager settings was a big change. the game takes a little longer to load, but once your in game it works just fine. but doesn't exceed the 1.5Gb threshold that crashes the game.

since making that change I have been able to activate elite graphics for screen shots and stuff, but I don't try to run all the time because it slows the framerate a bit.

Loco you are me hero ;)

Sacred 2 is now playing on win7 64 for hours on all settings max in 1920x1200.

The big help was the 4gb patch and changing the memory settings to half the default values. It now plays better on win7 than XP.

Thankyou sooooo much, I cannot tell you how much you made my day :o

Edited by Dobster
So am I the warrior or the druid?

Rofl, your the smart one, Ivan. I tend to act more like Pikel, a green haired dwarf that wants to be a Doodad (druid).

250px-Ivan_Bouldershoulder.jpgPikel_Bouldershoulder.jpg

Edited by Furian67