Looking for some mods

fraz

There's a few things I'm wanting to do, which won't be possible without mods. Are there any mods for the following:

1) To transfer character map data / quest data to another character. I basically want to make a new character with a different God spell, use character editor to make him the same spec / level, but I can't think of a way to get the quest / map data across?

2) Are there any map mods out there that improve the ingame map. So far I've found mapmod 4.0 but its in german?

3) Is there a mod for mounts that when you press 0 it actually sits you on the mount, instead of just calling it. This would save time, as well as the fact that the horse seems to get stuck frequently when he spawns?

I'd also be interested in knowing what are the main mods people seem use, I mean those considered essential, to improve / enhance the game.

Edited by fraz

Let's see;

1) AFAIK, that's not possible. There sure are some limits for things that can be done... I know it might feel a tad chore to start revealing the map for umpteenth time. I'd recommend socketing some +walk/runspeed ammies and rings. Speeds things up.

Also, considering the quests, just my 2 cents, I usually skip most of the quests till Gold/forward difficulties.

2) Dont' have the faintest idea what that does. Though the CM-patch should do something to the map. Others should confirm this...

3) Again, can't really say anything, as I'm merely a player, not modder.

Lastly, considering the mods. I'd recommend to check the afforementioned CM-patch. Does wonders to the game. Though it's only for single/off-line. That combined with ciSacred is what I use. Others are quite minor to my tastes. But there should be compilation thread within the mod section.

Let's see;

1) AFAIK, that's not possible. There sure are some limits for things that can be done... I know it might feel a tad chore to start revealing the map for umpteenth time. I'd recommend socketing some +walk/runspeed ammies and rings. Speeds things up.

Also, considering the quests, just my 2 cents, I usually skip most of the quests till Gold/forward difficulties.

2) Dont' have the faintest idea what that does. Though the CM-patch should do something to the map. Others should confirm this...

3) Again, can't really say anything, as I'm merely a player, not modder.

Lastly, considering the mods. I'd recommend to check the afforementioned CM-patch. Does wonders to the game. Though it's only for single/off-line. That combined with ciSacred is what I use. Others are quite minor to my tastes. But there should be compilation thread within the mod section.

Thanks for the info, yeah I've had a good browse through the forums, and it seems modding is fairly limited. I'm playing a multiplayer lan character with my brother, so not sure if the CM patch / CIsacred will work.

Edited by fraz
1) To transfer character map data / quest data to another character. I basically want to make a new character with a different God spell, use character editor to make him the same spec / level, but I can't think of a way to get the quest / map data across?

You can make a duplicate of any character, if that will help, by finding the character file and copying it, then renaming it. You can then experiment with the 'new' character without ruining the build of the original. It's a long while since I did it (but it was very successful in my case and the new version has gone on to be my main character). Copy the stats file as well too. Make the new file-name(s) follow on from your current file-names of course ...

You can then use the Character Editor (elsewhere in this forum) to edit the details as you wish.

Hope this helps.

You can make a duplicate of any character, if that will help, by finding the character file and copying it, then renaming it. You can then experiment with the 'new' character without ruining the build of the original. It's a long while since I did it (but it was very successful in my case and the new version has gone on to be my main character). Copy the stats file as well too. Make the new file-name(s) follow on from your current file-names of course ...

You can then use the Character Editor (elsewhere in this forum) to edit the details as you wish.

Hope this helps.

That's all well and good except for ONE thing. He won't be able to change the God spell. For that, he'd need to start a new character, this time picking the God he wants and then go play the game. Yes, you CAN duplicate the current game endlessly, but no character editor currently available will let you change the god spell.

There's another thread on this where this topic's been fleshed out.