At a Crossroad...Skill Allocation,

Etherian

At level 156. I have [5] skill points saved.

[9] of the [10] skills are mastered. Kept Champion Focus @ 21 hard points.

My question is...where will extra points be put to best use? Im looking for maximum damage output.

For pure damage, do I pick Astral Focus? Tactics Lore? Astral Lore? Or, use Ancient Magic for the -immunity?

Thanks Much!

I remain, :oooo:

At level 156. I have [5] skill points saved.

[9] of the [10] skills are mastered. Kept Champion Focus @ 21 hard points.

My question is...where will extra points be put to best use? Im looking for maximum damage output.

For pure damage, do I pick Astral Focus? Tactics Lore? Astral Lore? Or, use Ancient Magic for the -immunity?

Thanks Much!

I remain, :unsure:

Ok.. The question - without a better idea of what your current build does (what your play style is) and how it's laid out is impossible to answer. Is it one of those shadow builds where you stay invisible pretty much all the time firing off skeletal fortifications and such? Or is it a melee build? A hybrid?

Anything with "Focus" is pretty much out unless your regen times aren't quite optimum.. It's the Lores that get you damage boosts.

So, maybe 2 points to Tactics, 2 points to Astral and 1 for the Ancient Magic...?

Edited by wolfie2kX
Ok.. The question - without a better idea of what your current build does (what your play style is) and how it's laid out is impossible to answer. Is it one of those shadow builds where you stay invisible pretty much all the time firing off skeletal fortifications and such? Or is it a melee build? A hybrid?

Anything with "Focus" is pretty much out unless your regen times aren't quite optimum.. It's the Lores that get you damage boosts.

So, maybe 2 points ot Tactics, 2 points to Astral and 1 for the Ancient Magic...?

Great point wolfie! Left a rather large hole in the description! Posted this on my way out to run some errands. I apologize!

Veiled SW. Primary Combat Arts are Spectral Hand & Skel. Fort.

Looking for the biggest bang per skill point added over mastery.

I remain, :unsure:

Well, as per the tables in the wiki you're getting the following additions every 15 levels..

Lore: +15% damage, +.8% crit, +3% cast speed

Tactics: +15% damage, +.8% crit

AM: +12% damage, +1% -immunities

This is a bit of a rough estimate, as they all diminish as you get higher. As you can see, tactics/lore are the same, except lore gives cast speed as well. AM is giving you the negative immunities, but you're also losing damage. AM's damage increase is effectively half that of the lore (188% vs 377% at level 200). Being that AM is only going to effect non weapon based Combat Arts, you're not going to be increasing the output of Spectral Hand.

As such, I'd suggest the lore.

combat discipline has increasing returns rather than diminishing....

Ancient magic will only work on skeletal fortifications... and I don't think the mitigation reduction works on physical (?)

Edited by claudius

Combat Discipline diminishes too. The jumps between 155 and 200 (every 15) add 146, 127, 113 and 99. At level 155, CD gives a 250% damage boost while the Lore is 332.5%. It's also only non weapon based Combat Arts too.

That said, it does allow for bigger combos and improves regens. Mind you, this is all assuming Eth has CD.

I chose Lore & Tactics. Ill spread them out with a 15/15 allocation. Meaning, add 15 into Astral Lore. Switch to Tactics till another 15 are entered.

Another quick question. Do either of these skills become capped at level 250 like blacksmith does? If so, Ill have plenty for Ancient Magic also. This is all of course including +all skill jewelry.

Nope did not pick CD on this toon. Only [2] combos. Rousing Command & Killing Spree. Aug. Guidon & Skel. Fort. Which I only use these as support during boss fights.

Both regens. are around [1] minute. Knowing this before I built him up over level 100. I knew I would have ample time to get to next boss in well over [1] minute.

At level 160 now. Still going very strong!

Thanks for all the response!

I remain,