Triple Aspect PVP Shadow Warrior Guide - PvP

About This Guide

This guide is basically what it says it is...It's a guide for a PVP Shadow Warrior...Yes it can be used for Campaign but it is mainly designed for PVP. If you want any effectiveness with this build, you're going to need to be level 70 or 80 and have at least one level 190 character for the sake of socketing level 200 gear! Also most unfortunate for the PC users, you have to be level 200 to use this build effeciently because of socketing limitations! So yes, you need to be an advanced player to use this build and by advanced I basically mean a Veteran of Sacred 2! If you want to get this guy to a high level really quick though, I can recommend the Orc Cave or VD Running with a friend! One last thing before we get started and this has to do with the build, this guys is sort of a triple aspect character but you'll notice that I assign most of my points to Astral Lord and the reason is, that aspect is quite the savior when you're in trouble! Lastly my killing and defense power is derived from the other 2 aspects and my gear and my Serious Open Wounds modifier which I will go into further as I layout this guide! Now without any further ado, let's get started.................. :thumbsup:

Skills

Note: Numbers at the end are the corresponding levels each skill should be at by level 200 so assign your points accordingly!

Deity = Forens - So in case your getting owned, you can reflect all attacks!

Level 02 Skill = Malevolent Champion Focus.pngMalevolent Champion Focus - For mod points and reduced regen times...Assign 5 Pts. by level 5 (100)

Level 03 Skill = Tactics Lore.pngTactics Lore - For improved damage and mod points for 2 Aspects...Assign 5 Pts. by level 8 (100)

Level 05 Skill = Concentration.pngConcentration - For reduced regen times and 3 buffs by mastery (75)

Level 08 Skill = Dual Wield.pngDual Wield - For use of two swords at once (50)

Level 12 Skill = Armor Lore.pngArmor Lore - For lesser regen penalties, better use of armor & use of higher level armor (78)

Level 18 Skill = Death Warrior Focus.pngDeath Warrior Focus - For mod points and reduced regen times (75)

Level 25 Skill = Astral Lord Focus.pngAstral Lord Focus - For mod points and reduced regen times (200)

Level 35 Skill = Ancient Magic.pngAncient Magic - For more combat art damage (75)

Level 50 Skill = Sword Weapons.pngSword Weapons - For better use of swords and to unlock weapon modifiers (80)

Level 65 Skill = Pacifism.pngPacifism - For reduced incoming player damage (78)

Attribute Points

This is fairly straight forward, Assign them this way!

Vitality.pngVitality --- %50 of your points (That's roughly 200 points) seeing as how my skills don't cover HP!

Intelligence.pngIntelligence --- %30 of your points (That's roughly 120 points) for the knockdown spell power you need!

Strength.pngStrength --- %20 of your points (That's roughly 80 Points) for the knockdown melee power you need!

Combos and Buffs

Buffs you want to use the following in order (because of Concentration):

Reflective Emanation.pngReflective Emanation ---->> Grim Resilience.pngGrim Resilience ---->> Nether Allegiance.pngNether Allegiance

As for Combos, there's only one and it's stated in order as to how you should slot it:

Scything Sweep.pngScything Sweep + Demonic Blow.pngDemonic Blow

Combat Art Mod Points

Death Warrior.pngDeath Warrior

Demonic Blow.pngDemonic Blow

Bronze - Wounding = Chance for open wound

Silver - Frailty = Reduces enemy armor class

Chose this instead of Poison because I'd rather be able to weaken my opponent by reducing his armor temporarily rather than just poisoning him and not being able to deliver that killing blow after a few follow ups!

Gold - Trauma = Chance for severe wound

Reason for this mod along with the Wounding mod for the Bronze is the sheer fact that this guys needs the killing power that only Wounding Effects can offer...Also Life Leech just wasn't high enough and Area Damage just didn't sound appealing because PVP with any respect is usually 1-on-1!

Scything Sweep.pngScything Sweep

Bronze - Force = More damage

Always better to have more damage now rather than later with tumbling effects because for 1, how often do enemies line up in PVP? For 2, more damage on a physical attack means more bleeding wound damage!

Silver - Numb = Chance for stun

Having a chance for stun becomes invaluable as compared to critical hits because if you're a console user playing PVP on Niob with Quetzal's First Strike, you already have enough of a chance for critical hits while dual wielding those weapons!

Gold - Rage = Stores up energy which discharges after first hit

Either way you size this mod up, whether or not this one or hurl, it's pretty much useless for console users because from my experience both are broken on the console, but this one seemed like a more obvious choice for PVP!

Grim Resilience.pngGrim Resilience

Bronze - Fortify = Increases HP bonus

Why not take this mod? With the rings and amulets I recommend for socketing, you have a pretty high +All Combat Arts so this mod really benefits from that and also your Shadow Warrior doesn't have much in the way of Defense so the HP bonus really helps, I believe my toon with all buffs on has around 65-72k Hitpoints!

Silver - Readiness = Adds a defense value

Defense Value is good for your toon because it in turn it means you're harder to hit which means you survive longer! Now let's just hope your opponent doesn't know about the stat "Opponent's Defense Value -X%"; oops, did I just say that out loud?!

Gold - Reflex = Adds chance to evade

Yet another mod that makes you harder to hit, what's not to like about this one?!

Malevolent Champion.pngMalevolent Champion

Frenzied Rampage.pngFrenzied Rampage

Bronze - Wounding = Chance for open wound

As I mentioned earlier about Demonic Blow, the more Wounding effects you can inflict at once, the better the build!

Silver - Double Strike = Chance for double hit

Adding a chance for double hit to this Combat Art just seemed like a great idea for the sheer fact that you hit enough as it is with this attack so why not add a chance to hit even more there by incresing the damage dealt?!

Gold - Envenom = Adds poison damage

Reason for this mod is because you once again need to inflict Status Effects whether or not it's Wounding or not and the more DoT you're inflicting at once the better!

Belligerent Vault.pngBelligerent Vault

Bronze - Reach = Extends the range

This mod so you can jump further away to save yourself from rooting effects and other bad things!

Silver - Unaware = Reduces enemy defense value

Take this one so just in case some bad guy should break your fall you have an easier chance to hit him at which point!

Gold - Unbound = Adds chance to break rooting efffects

What else other than to break rooting effects?! There's nothing that irritates me more than a Dryad with with Tangled Vines!

Augmenting Guidon.pngAugmenting Guidon

Bronze - Elite = increases attack and defense value by %50

Once again, it's all about not getting hit and hitting back harder and more often!

Silver - Healing = Heals you and party members

Um, why not take the healing effect if it's available to you? It helps alot when you're getting owned!

Gold - Fear = Reduces enemy attack value

Another mod that is meant to be detrimental to your enemy, if he has a low attack value, he in turn can't hit you as much!

Killing Spree.pngKilling Spree

Bronze - Control = Further increases attack value

Once again you need to be a God Like Shadow Warrior where no one can touch you!

Silver - Matter of preference = This one's your choice

Like I said, this one's a matter of choice, I'd sooner go with Duration but it depends on what you need the most!

Gold - Sear = Adds fire damage

Seemed like the more logical choice especially because if you're at a high enough level you should be swinging at %150!

Reflective Emanation.pngReflective Emanation

Bronze - Backlash = Chance to reflect ranged damage

Because ranged damage is more common than stunning effects in PVP! Also, this one is always the logical choice!

Silver - Antimagic = Chance to reflect spell damage

Because spells are more common than rooting effects and your "Jump" lets you break roots as it is!

Gold - Idol = Extends effects to nearby allies and party

So when you have your Skellies summoned, they will be highly annoying to the person who tries to attack them!

Astral Lord.pngAstral Lord

Spectral Hand.pngSpectral Hand

Bronze - Clout = Increases damage

Damage is great! Damage is power! Damage is Status Effect Death for your enemy!

Silver - Matter of preference = This one's your choice

I'd sooner recommend Ice Damage because of Status Effects but like I said, It's your choice! I'll leave it up to you to do what's right [cough *Ice Damage*]!

Gold - Double Attack = Chance for double hit

Why hit once when you can double your damage and hit twice?!

Skeletal Fortification.pngSkeletal Fortification

Bronze - Rapid Fire = Increases tower fire rate

More arrows per Second = DEATH!

Silver - Ice Shards = Adds ice damage to tower

Once again, Status Effects, Status Effects, STATUS EFFECTS! Plus, you already should be doing magic damage and fire damage with your weapons!

Gold - Scatter Shot = Adds another projectile to tower

Adding another projectile to the tower on top of a quicker fire rate = PAWNAGE & even some cases may include DEATH!

Rallied Souls.pngRallied Souls

Bronze - Armament = Gives souls an armor bonus

You need to build a durable army!

Silver - Demand = Increases chance to reanimate more souls

You need to build a big army!

Gold - Contagion = Chance for souls to inflict victims turning them into souls too

You need to build an epic & massive army!

Shadow Veil.pngShadow Veil

Bronze - Avoidance = Reduces effects of detrimental spells

So you can survive whatever was hittin' you before you turned off your Skellies and turned on this Buff!

Silver - Fade = Reduces chance of being detected while casting

So you can leap away with Belligerent Vault and make your way safely into town!

Gold - Sinister Pact = Shadow Veil becomes a buff

So you can rely on it for awhile rather than temporarily!

Nether Allegiance.pngNether Allegiance

Bronze - Sharp Blades = Enhances damage

Watch Out! Killer Skellies!

Silver - Spectral Shield = Enhances shields

Watch Out! Skellies with unbreakable shields!

Gold - Elite Equipment = Enhances armor

Watch Out! Unkillable, heavily armored, beastly Skellies!

Equipment

Ok, we're almost at the end...Need I say more, the equipment is going to be tricky. Also this gear is mainly set up for console users but for the PC users I thought I'd go ahead and throw in a little info for them but note that PC users do have to be level 200. First is armor guys, for armor you can use a mix of sets which I will explain in a minute or you can use bargained armor but I'd recommend a mix of sets with only 1 piece of bargained armor just for the sake of sockets! For armor sets you want to use all of Infernal Torment, Cold Grave legs and the rest which is Boots, Gloves, Bracers, and Belt you want to use Armantins but if you can, you want to use bargained bracers, boots, or gloves that have a silver socket or better with the stat of "Opponent's Chance to Reflect Melee Damage"! As for what weapons to use, PC players should use Soorn's Doombringer and console players should use Quetzal's First Strike for the Sword Mastery Modifier of Serious Open Wounds! PC players as well should not have to look for Shadow Warrior gear if they have dual Soorn's Doombringer...And yes by the way, you will be dual wielding these weapons! Lastly what to socket in your gear, I'm on the console so I'm going to go ahead and account for what to socket if you're a console user which by the way everything you're socketing should be at least level 200 or above...This armor and weapon combo that I recommended accounts for 19 sockets, 3 Bronze which you can put what you want in there but I'd recommend Blacksmith Arts. 8 Silver Sockets which you really should put 2 Deathblow rings in (probably Nyarlathotep's Creeping Madness and 1 random bargained one), 2 Haldorian's Signets, 1 Ring of Twines, and 1 Second Ring, and 1 Band of Dominion and 1 ring, if you can find it with something like Knockback and some sort of stat that reduces your enemy's Evade. Lastly the 8 Gold Sockets, in these you want 3 Tanit's Collars, 1 Clepidide's Talisman, 1 Jodah's Ornament and 1 Nadji's Taming, 1 Wings of Death, and 1 Manadth's Fetish! And basically that's it for gear except for rings and amulets that you need to equip. Rings you probably want 1 Band of the Forests and 1 Kybele's Tear. For Amulets you'll probably want 1 Lord Wayne's Wild Rage and 1 Clepidide's Talisman! By the way the Gold sockets that I mentioned above also include your weapons so socket accordingly! Lastly, gear for the PC players, I'm not going to go over 1 big long list but instead I'm going to mention that PC players should use the Kanka's Relics set instead of what I mentioned here and adjust the Sockets accordingly for what you have and what you need! Oh, and I almost forgot what to put into those Gray sockets on your weapons....For those you want the highest % Chunks of Lava and Magic Pearls you can find and put those in but try and make sure that they are both the same % so you do an even spread of damage! Reason for those types of damage is because of Status Effects, my Combat art layout already covers Poison Damage with Rampage and Ice Damage with the Fortification Tower and as I've mentioned throughout the guide, it's all about DoT!

Closing

That's it for the guide, I hope you find it very useful and I believe I may have others to post later on...Good luck in PVP by the way! :drinks:

Edited by Sacred Guru

Interesting, we havent gotten any pvp specific builds before. Do you have any pictures of it in action or videos actually running pvp?

Also, while on consoles you can sockets high level items into low level gear without effecting the items level, on PC socketing level 200 items into level 70 armour will raise the armours level to 200 preventing your level 70 toon equipping it which you may need to mention in your guide or otherwise change it to console specific.

Now, a question. Have you considered replacing all of those specific uniques with shopped gear? Other than the tanits collars (damage mitigation can't be shopped on amulets/rings) everything else can be shopped for on rings and amulets with greater values than the uniques you find which would end up using less sockets and increase how much you can socket and damage/survivability you get out of your build.

Interesting, we havent gotten any pvp specific builds before. Do you have any pictures of it in action or videos actually running pvp?

No sorry, I don't because I'm a rather low budget type of person so there for I really don't have any means of recording or taking pictures!

Also, while on consoles you can sockets high level items into low level gear without effecting the items level, on PC socketing level 200 items into level 70 armour will raise the armours level to 200 preventing your level 70 toon equipping it which you may need to mention in your guide or otherwise change it to console specific.

Now, a question. Have you considered replacing all of those specific uniques with shopped gear? Other than the tanits collars (damage mitigation can't be shopped on amulets/rings) everything else can be shopped for on rings and amulets with greater values than the uniques you find which would end up using less sockets and increase how much you can socket and damage/survivability you get out of your build.

Shopped gear would not necessarily work because of how the build is set up to reflect, This guy in all honesty is mostly a PVP defense guy!

Shopped gear would not necessarily work because of how the build is set up to reflect, This guy in all honesty is mostly a PVP defense guy!

I dont mean replacing the armour (so Infernal torment and the other sets you suggested), however, at the same level item in the same difficulty, amulets and rings that you buy have all of the mods that the uniques you suggested have (except for mitigation on the tanits which as I said isnt shoppable) and they have them with greater values. More +HP/+deathblow/+chance to evade/+... and so on. In most cases the uniques are only good in certain situations....such as there is a ring with chance to evade on it which can only be bought on amulets. The values however on the uniques are pretty crappy.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Yes Dragon Brother, I see where your coming from but not everyone has a shopper or not everyone even has the means to build a shopper. That and not everyone is going to have the same bargained gear so I just mentioned using uniques to appeal to the crowd that uses this build and also so the build is easier to use. This build for me has the same effectiveness no matter what type of gear I use and I've tried it the way it's mentioned in the guide and it works....Most people on the Console can't really beat this guy!

You know Loco, I really don't know, I guess all I can say is that this build is a bit one sided on the way it only works for Console user or the fact that you have to be level 200 to use it on the PC....And for that, I do apologize guys!

Maybe, just maybe you can use the build by level 100 or 150 if you can wait that long and you have all the gear at that level!

Edited by Sacred Guru
Yes Dragon Brother, I see where your coming from but not everyone has a shopper or not everyone even has the means to build a shopper. That and not everyone is going to have the same bargained gear so I just mentioned using uniques to appeal to the crowd that uses this build and also so the build is easier to use. This build for me has the same effectiveness no matter what type of gear I use and I've tried it the way it's mentioned in the guide and it works....Most people on the Console can't really beat this guy!

I guess its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. One way you have to get everything to drop, other way you need to have put some time in to get a toon to the right level to shop gear...lot of work either way :s

Great job on the write-up Guru!

I wonder if it would still be viable without the level 200 items. or rather is there an alternative since PC can't socket them?

I would suggest that without all the socketables, he would be reasonably strong but a little lacking in defense. Perhaps dropping Sword Weapons for CR or Toughness would help. That said, I don't play PvP, so I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the build Guru, nice to have some PvP guides :)

wow

Guru, you did a heck of a great job on this writeup. I know you were saying that you were trying hard to find some time for us to pen some guides for PvP . Outstanding work here with the effort on formatting, organization and plain old uniqueness...this is THE first PvP guide I think I've seen grace these pages...and just in time to give some new PvP'ers like me just getting our feet wet in this distinct part of the game.

heh, and you're right, not everyone has as much time as the rest. Shoppers are pretty wonderful, but you'll really need to dig out the hours to make a network like that happen. You've put together some good work, a solid build, and given some ideas with the uniques on how to bring it together. I know we've had many console players on these boards who are looking for a fun, quick way to get to know the game, PvP gets peeps in deep, dirty and pretty quickly.

You're the first in a vanguard of new builds coming out to celebrate player against player in the Sacred franchise and I am grateful to read your work.

+++

:)

gogo

p.s. I wish it was as easy for console players as it is for us on PC to put movies up. Would have loved to see your build in action too! :)

At Dreeft, Sword Weapons is needed to get the killing power of Serious Open Wounds....Every weapon with Serious Open Wounds, Deep Wounds & Deadly Wounds requires Sword Weapons and/or Sword Mastery....That's if you want those Damage effects to actually kill some thing at least! Dreeft, just to let you know what Serious Open Wounds, Deep Wounds, & Deadly Wounds are, Serious Open is a combo of Deep Wounds and Open Wounds which Deep Wounds is a stat that Decreases your opponent's base HP value with each hit which in turn eventually kills your opponeent cause basically he only has 1 Hitpoint left! Open Wounds is Minor bleeding DoT and Deadly Wounds is Severe bleeding DoT! And I'll let you guys in on a little secret, the only way to counteract Deep Wounds is HP Regeneration similar to your Hitpoints!

At Gogo and everyone else who has complimented me thus far and every one who may compliment this guide or my future guides (which the next PVP one will be a Dryad)......Thank you so much for the support, it's great to have people like this on a forum!

I understand why you took Sword Weapons, and I understand what those modifiers achieve, but if you don't have the ability to socket overpowered jewelry you are going to be lacking in defense and due to the nature of a 3 aspect build you will have to sacrifice one of your skills to make up the difference.

I suppose AM could be dropped instead, which would resolve the issue.

Yeah, you've got a point, I'll review it & see how it works....But I did hear from a wise moderator on this forum once, "An experienced player can get by with 2 defensive skills"....I believe there is some truth to that as well......

Edited by Sacred Guru