Joining in online

I have playing LAN for a couple of years now but I am thinking about spending time in Closed Net, hoping to meet up with some of you guys online but also because I seem to be spending more and more time playing alone (busy LAN partner, wife).

Because I live in Spain in the distant past I played on the es servers but I have two copies of the game so no problem joining in on the eu servers, I use customoptions to access es at the moment.

Before starting off I thought of asking what you think might be the best character to choose. If servers (thinking of Darkmatters mostly) tend to have a majority of Shadow Warrior characters but a lack of Seraphims, for example, I could create a Seraphim or whatever because I think it might be a good idea to play with a mixture of character types rather than have an army of Shadow Warriors. Any suggestions re my choice of character, exclude Temple Guardians (I have an allergy to robots) and Dryads (I die too often when I try them). Because my wife will only play magic based characters I have, until now, concentrated on the SW and Seraphim to help out when she gets in trouble but I have tried out the others alone (HE only once).

Edited by Gordius

If you are going to join the eu servers there are a fair bit more than just those of us who frequent darkmatters online and even within us only there is every character type played, so pick whichever you want.

Edit. This is Ice and Blood you are talking about?

Edited by Dragon Brother
Thanks for the reply.

I play Ice and Blood. I do not use the CM Patch/MOD but could be persuaded to depending upon what I find online.

You should be good to go then - Closed Net doesn't allow for the CM Patch, but does require Ice and Blood...

Welcome to Onlineworld of Sacred 2!

Gordius, will you be playing Closed or Open? And if Closed HC or SC? Most of us here have most toons in HC...but I have just recently started a SC Toon and can get you a mount and some gold to get you started when you want to get started.

We have the Time to Play thread where peeps can post going on info so others know we're going in. It's stickied in the Sacred 2 General Discussion forum here.

:lol:

gogo

Done. Shadow Warrior, Gordius [D.a.r.k] Sarak. Just enough time to get him to level 2 before I had to logoff.

Ah,Gordius, I'm sorry, but the clan tag is for our clan to identify our members. If you'd like to make an application for the clan (and if you love playing online then we shall welcome it!) you can check this out here:

How to apply for one of our [D.a.r.k] Clans

The [D.a.r.k] tag's only for our full members after they pass application conditions like vote and one month probation (more in that link I put up).

:lol:

gogo

Hey Gordius I'll be playing this afternoon. If we met online I'll give you some goodies to start with :)

Ahh finally I'll have a decent conversation in spanish in the eu servers :lol:

Sorry about using the [D.a.r.k] tag. I expect to apply but will put that character on ice until I am sure of what is happening, he is still only level 2 so no problem there, and start up another to play with called Gordius Something.

I am and will be HC on Closednet. Until now most of my characters have been SC but I haven't died for so long I might as well stick to HC.

I am busy grinding a High Elf on LAN right now (I hope this ALT TAB hasn't killed her :) ) and just outside the Grunwald Dragon's cave. After finishing off the Dragon I'll switch over to Closednet and see who is around.

Re the Spanish thing. Sorry, I am English and my Spanish is terrible but I will say Hola if I see you, Munera, I understand more than I can say.

EDIT: Died after two shots so off to the servers :lol:

A big thanks to Munera for getting me started.

Edited by Gordius

I haven't had a lot of free time but I have started to add D.a.r.k. players to buddies, I hope that is OK. So, if you see a character with Gordius at the start of the name it's only me trying to get to know you :D If it is the account name that adds the buddies my account is mirrewa.

BTW I was a level 12 SW but unable to join a D.a.r.k. server tonight because it was greyed out. I have quit for the night but it occured to me maybe the server was set to Max 3, invite only or something because of the clan party? Wasn't the light/dark path thing.

I haven't had a lot of free time but I have started to add D.a.r.k. players to buddies, I hope that is OK. So, if you see a character with Gordius at the start of the name it's only me trying to get to know you :D If it is the account name that adds the buddies my account is mirrewa.

BTW I was a level 12 SW but unable to join a D.a.r.k. server tonight because it was greyed out. I have quit for the night but it occured to me maybe the server was set to Max 3, invite only or something because of the clan party? Wasn't the light/dark path thing.

Greyed out will mean either it was higher difficulty or full. we'll keep an I out for ya

I haven't had a lot of free time but I have started to add D.a.r.k. players to buddies, I hope that is OK. So, if you see a character with Gordius at the start of the name it's only me trying to get to know you :) If it is the account name that adds the buddies my account is mirrewa.

Greyed out will mean either it was higher difficulty or full. we'll keep an I out for ya

If your character was loco :hugs: last night your already on my list :)

What level are you running? Basically just starting over in HC?

Level 12 from memory so just starting out but not new to the game, because I would normally play LAN so he is my only character on Closednet. Shadow Warrior (light) called Gordius Serek. Yes, HC :) Someone from D.a.r.k was kind enough to take me to "developers corner" south of the swamp which got me to level 5, picked up some dropped gear, had a gift of even more gear and earned a lot of money. Now I will slowly grind anmd run just a few quests to Gold, I'm not a fan of power levelling so like to do it at my own pace so will take a while but the quick jump to level 5 was nice. Currently massacaring kobolds.