Game Crashes in Windows 7 64 BIT & XP 32 BIT

We'll I've been playing Sacred 2 about a month and I love the game but the crashes are getting me to the point of almost quiting the game. I'm tried googling for solutions but nothing I've tried seems to work, so am hoping the good folks here can point me in the right direction.

Here's the summary:

Windows 7

. Installed game, patched to latest version.

. Tried running with various graphics settings but crashing persists.

. Tried -nocpubinding as well as -skipopenal but crashing persists.

. Tried defragging game, tried with openal, but crashing persists.

. give up and install xp 32 bit as dual boot to get the game working properly.

. The crashes are basically occuring when you enter or leave a dungeon or teleport. Crashes are at random anywhere between 30 mins, 1 hour or 3 hours. Crash's freeze the game, and not responding shows in task manager.

. Sometimes get client crashes.

Windows XP

. Installed game, patched to latest version.

. Tried with various graphics settings but crashing persists.

. Tried -nocpubinding as well as -skipopenal but crashing persists.

. Tried defragging game, tried with openal, but crashing persists.

. The game crashes far less then in Windows 7 but enough to still take the enjoyment away from the game. Crashes occur most often when opening map, I've noticed particulary after a save, when you bring the map up. Occasionally game just freezes. Can sometimes get task manager up to force quit, sometimes not.

Both OS issues sound to me issues with memory. I can confirm I'm running a dual core 3.5 ghz intel cpu, 4 GB ram, nvida 470 GTX graphics card, Creative x-fi xtreme music.

Can anyone assist with me with a solution on either system (would prefer windows 7, but will stick with Xp 32bit if its easier). There's a lot of crashing info out there but can't find any recent guide that has been stickied to fix crash.

Thanks for helping,

Fraz

Hey Fraz!

I assume when you say you installed and patched to the latest you are running Ice and Blood ver 2.65.2

Well I went through a lot of what your experiencing. So here is a summary of what I found was ultimately the most useful to me.

1. Upload the latest Nvidia Driver and immediately after installation and reboot disable PhysX in the Nvidia control panel. Do not try to run PhysX ( or Elite Graphics if you have it)

2. Upload and install the 4GB Patch. the web site has an explination of what it does

3. Create a optionsCustom.txt and insert the following settings:

manager.animMem = 754432
manager.grannyMem = 608869
manager.pmsMem = 98608
manager.secMem = 754432
manager.sptMem = 98608
manager.texMem = 10715200

For assistance in creating this file see Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View, OptionsCustom

try it and let me know how it works

Lastly the -cpubinding works well if you are using a multicore processor and open multiple instances of sacred2.exe. if you run strickly 1 instance you may not see an improvement.

Hey Fraz!

I assume when you say you installed and patched to the latest you are running Ice and Blood ver 2.65.2

Well I went through a lot of what your experiencing. So here is a summary of what I found was ultimately the most useful to me.

1. Upload the latest Nvidia Driver and immediately after installation and reboot disable PhysX in the Nvidia control panel. Do not try to run PhysX ( or Elite Graphics if you have it)

2. Upload and install the 4GB Patch. the web site has an explination of what it does

3. Create a optionsCustom.txt and insert the following settings:

manager.animMem = 754432
manager.grannyMem = 608869
manager.pmsMem = 98608
manager.secMem = 754432
manager.sptMem = 98608
manager.texMem = 10715200

For assistance in creating this file see Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View, OptionsCustom

try it and let me know how it works

Lastly the -cpubinding works well if you are using a multicore processor and open multiple instances of sacred2.exe. if you run strickly 1 instance you may not see an improvement.

Thanks I'll try as you say and disable the physx in the nvidia control panel. I have physx and elite graphics, and it was crashing evening without them selected. I do feel the physx adds a lot of immersion to the game and my graphics card can handle it. I don't think its the issue though as my brothers having the exact same crashes, using an ATI card.

I'll also add the settings to my optionscustom.txt file.

Thanks for advice, I'll report back the results.

Just to clarify:

I take it you have currently installed the game on a dual boot system with Win7 and XP?

Try this for Win7.

It's similar to what loco posted but the values are different.

I know you probably already know, but please make sure other back ground programs are turned off.

Edited by stubbie