Is it possible to disable combat music or limit it to boss fights?

While I do enjoy the combat music. It starts to get extremely repeatetive, as it's essentially playing the exact same 3 songs throughout the ENTIRE game... The battle music kicks in everytime I enter combat, which is 99% of the game, then cuts off abruptly as soon as the battle is over, only to re-start again 3 seconds later when I get into the next fight... Can you disable battle music without turning off the music entirely? The background ambient music is good but you NEVER get to hear it because you're always in battle... It'd be great if it was limited to boss fights, but having combat music play in these kind of hack n slash games is a bit over kill.

This complaint has been on the SIF for quite a long time. I believe they fixed it somewhere between patch 2.34 -> 2.40 -> 2.43. They didn't entirely fix it, but they definitely improved it a lot. Battle music wouldn't start playing unless you had quite a group actually in combat (Like a rat chasing you wouldn't trigger the battle music, neither would battling 2 rats at the same time). Then they also set it that it would turn down the battle volume and raise the "environment" music and switch back to the battle volume in case you get 2 big groups shortly after eachother (Instead of repeating the first 5-10 seconds!).

I'm afraid this "fix" may have been bugged again since Ice and Blood, I agree with you that it's highly annoying.

I have tried to trace back if we could re-enable this feature in the options.txt but I haven't been succesful :)

TL:DR; I'm pretty confident cannot change the behavior of the music. :)

To turn off battle music edit or create the optionsCustom.txt file to include

sound = {

volume_group02 = 0 -- schaltet die Kampfmusik ab

}

That and other options are contained in the thread optionsCustom.txt tips. Full instructions on exactly how to create or edit that file are in that thread. Funny thing is I just spent a couple of hours finding out how to do myself before I found it in that thread!

If you decide that you want to change something else then add another line or change the one above but instead of volume_group01 use one of the following group numbers

region music=01

fight music=02

fx=03

atmo=04

atmo sfx=05

atmo sfx2=06

footsteps=07

sfx generic=08

forest cluster=09

lava cluster=10

water cluster=11

t-energy cluster=12

weather=13

speech=14

items=15

weapon attack=16

weapon defense=17

soundclouds=18,

pre-hits=19

gui=20

I'm not exactly sure what all of them are but worth a mention.

Something I haven't read before is how to change the sound profile for a character. For example, if you like the battle music for the SW and want to hear it when playing the seraphim it is possible to do it. It is even possible to change the music to that of the bard singing :crazy: I'll go to test that today and if it works I will post it in the modding forum.

Edited by Gordius