Making two handed weapons one handed

Ed-Zero

Mod Changelog:

-Updated for v0100 of the CM Patch.

-Scythes were added this patch but were listed under Polearms, now it's under Axes so they could be dual wielded.

Have fun!

V0100 Download:

http://www.multiupload.com/ODSGM2QZPC#

I will update if a CM Patch adds new weapons, weapon types, etc

P.S. - In order for this to work when updating, you need to remove the previous CM Patch, apply the new one, then apply this. Instructions on where it goes is inside!

++++++++ Original Post ++++++++

I'm quite sure this is possible (making all 2 handed melee weapons be able to be wielded in one hand, for dual wielding fun) and would do it myself but I do not know how or what to edit. I know it's possible because in the CM mod, brass knuckles were introduced and at first they were two handed for whatever reason and the editor switched them to be one handed...So if someone could direct me or even do it themselves (if it's simple enough) then I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

P.S. ~ 1st post here!

Edited by Ed-Zero
I'm quite sure this is possible (making all 2 handed melee weapons be able to be wielded in one hand, for dual wielding fun) and would do it myself but I do not know how or what to edit. I know it's possible because in the CM mod, brass knuckles were introduced and at first they were two handed for whatever reason and the editor switched them to be one handed...So if someone could direct me or even do it themselves (if it's simple enough) then I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

P.S. ~ 1st post here!

That would be crazy. But once you have them 1 handed u would have to look for a way to increase the slow attack speed xD

Welcome btw :)

But once you have them 1 handed u would have to look for a way to increase the slow attack speed xD

Welcome btw :)

Use a multi-hit CA such as Frenzy or Scything. Watch the leech lines fly & minions drop. Like having 2x Kal'Durs' at increasing lvls. the whole game.

Poor Guardians... :D

Welcome to FDM. Feel free to introduce yourself in the near future!

I remain, Etherian

So after a while of looking at the code, I've figured it out! (with Czevaks help).

big0000copy.jpg

My shadow warrior shown above looks pretty crappy but I tested it out by loading up a save game where he was level 2 and got to 9 or so.. that way I could get dual wield and see if it worked. Well, it obviously does! Which means to everyone that if they want to play with this mod, you don't have to start a new game, just install the mod and it will work with your current save!. The character animation for holding/swinging them looks great. You can see here in the picture that he's holding a halberd and spear, both normally two-handed weapons. All weapons that were two-handed weapons retain their attributes and abilities that they normally would have as well (so spears, two-handed axes, etc... don't have one handed bonuses)

Here's what changed with the weapons: (By the way, I'm using the CM mod so you'd need to have the latest version of that in order to use this mod)

Lets you use any two-handed melee weapon as a one handed weapon. Axes, Mage Staffs, Swords, Hammers were changed and retain their own skills due to their one-handed counterparts. Polearms and Javelins were modified to go under Axes for the Hafted Weapon properties. Also, this was the only way I could figure out how to get them to be one handed.

Installation:

install in your C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 Gold\Scripts\Shared folder. Make sure to backup your existing itemtype file because this uses the community mod.

Here's the download link: http://sharebee.com/9738e18a (This is a multi-upload site so people can get whichever service they like better)

Thanks to Czevak for all your guidance!

Enjoy!

Haha, sweet mod.

DW dryad with a full deth's set and dual ll% polearms would be a nice way to use this ;)

I agree, this would be crazy. A straight path into demi-god. Like having [2] Kal'Durs' at the ready, but with polearms.

That belt your SW is wearing is wicked! The Red Skull brings me memories of reading Captain America comics as a youth.

GZ on figuring out your delima.

I remain, Etherian

'Tis truely a wicked one. :viking: Had a quickie with my DW seraphim. Nearly 4% leech with some stuff saved in the chest. And kinda looks kool too, swinging those 2-hander swords. Off to do some serious Plat shopping.

'Tis truely a wicked one. :viking: Had a quickie with my DW seraphim. Nearly 4% leech with some stuff saved in the chest. And kinda looks kool too, swinging those 2-hander swords. Off to do some serious Plat shopping.

I'm glad everyone likes it! I'm just happy to contribute to the community!

I dont have the CM mod and installing it will mess my other moded files so I ve tried to find a way to do this by editing the .txt files. and I finaly found it

all you have to do is edit the itemtype.txt file in the (instalation directory)/scripts/shared/ and change only one line.

mgr.typeCreate(2497, newItemType);

newItemType = {

-- standard info

renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_WEAPON",

family = "FAMILY_WEAPON",

subfamily = "SUBFAM_PRI_POLE", <----edit this line

classification = "CLF_POLE",

flags = "FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE",

weargroup = "WEARGROUP_INVALID",

-- 3d model + animation info

model0Data = {

name = "models/weapons/2h/n_2hstaff01.GR2",

user = "WEARGROUP_DEFAULT",

},

-- logic bounding box

logicBox = {

minx=-2.245, miny=-35.012, minz=-2.245,

maxx=2.245, maxy=35.324, maxz=2.245,

},

dangerclass = 0,

}

u should replace the values of the left column with the values of the right column asn shown below:

SUBFAM_PRI_2H_SWORD ----> SUBFAM_PRI_SWORD

SUBFAM_PRI_2H_HAMMER ----> SUBFAM_PRI_HAMMER

SUBFAM_PRI_2H_AXE ----> SUBFAM_PRI_AXE

SUBFAM_PRI_MAGESTAFF_2H ----> SUBFAM_PRI_MAGESTAFF

and for polearms:

SUBFAM_PRI_POLE ----> SUBFAM_PRI_AXE

SUBFAM_PRI_HALBERD ----> SUBFAM_PRI_AXE

SUBFAM_PRI_JAVELIN ----> SUBFAM_PRI_AXE

if u change the next line too (classification = "CLF_POLE",) the name and damage will change as well as the modifier (eg Modifier: Polearms)

Note: the ranged weapons and energy staffs are not included here although they can be modded too... I might try to see if I can dual wield crossbows or bows sometime too

Edited by Enferian
...I might try to see if I can dual wield crossbows or bows sometime too.

This won't work. Changeing the Subfamily of a weapon also affects how this weapon is handled. Your toon will start to hit opponents over the head with the bow...

It goes without saying that with the release of 0100 of the CM Patch, this mod becomes useless because of the new items in the game and possible new item type (scythe, not sure if it's two handed or not). Anyways, I'll be working on this today and should post the 0100 version of it for download when I finish.

Alrighty everyone,

Here's the two-handed weapons mod for v0100 of the CM Patch. Scythes were added this patch but were listed under Polearms, now it's under Axes so they could be dual wielded.

Have fun!

http://www.multiupload.com/ODSGM2QZPC#

P.S. - I will update the first post with additional updates whenever they come about (aka: I will update if a CM Patch adds new weapons, weapon types, etc)

Thanks Czevak!

P.P.S. - In order for this to work when updating, you need to remove the previous CM Patch, apply the new one, then apply this. Instructions on where it goes is inside!

Edited by Ed-Zero
...I might try to see if I can dual wield crossbows or bows sometime too.

This won't work. Changeing the Subfamily of a weapon also affects how this weapon is handled. Your toon will start to hit opponents over the head with the bow...

I know that it affects the way a weapon is handled... I was going to put them under some one handed ranged weapon subafamily like the energy pistols for example, but so far I havent tried anything...

thank you for the info though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Protip - Don't use Notepad when doing a 'find/replace' command to edit an eight megabyte file. . .tends to crash(at least for me.) :cstars:

I think its funny to be able to bludgeon an enemy with a bow. And pistol whipping? Heck yeah!

Edited by Graeystone