How to kill Gar Colossus in Silver

joanofarc

Hi.

Could anybody help how to find White Griffin and Harpy queen (in the desert) ? We tried in Multiplayer/free game mode, but they do not exist.

Might it be because we have the original FA and they are in the Ice and Blood expansion?

It would be great if you could give the location and the quest giver of the Raging Boar too. The interactive map might be misleading. The Griffin and the Harpy queen do not exist there neither the quest givers.

The quest givers for the Harpy Queen and White Griffon do exist in 2.43. The givers aren't far from the spawn of the bosses at all. The reason why they turned these bosses in to quests is because some people didn't want them spawning in the middle of their grinding sessions. You have to look more closely to find the quest givers. Make sure you hit tab from time to time (or hold the tab key) to reveal the minimap in focus to ensure you spot a question mark close to the spawn of the boss you're seeking to gain set items from. Make sure either (or both your toons) has a good level of Enhanced Perception and Bargaining because there are two loot drops on the boss (one for when you complete the quest (works even better with Bargaining Mastery) and EP will help the loot that comes from the boss itself). Double dipping is so easy now that many bosses in Sacred 2 are now quest-derived rather than spawning automatically based on how close you are to it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Could anybody help how to find White Griffin and Harpy queen (in the desert) ? We tried in Multiplayer/free game mode, but they do not exist.

Might it be because we have the original FA and they are in the Ice and Blood expansion?

It would be great if you could give the location and the quest giver of the Raging Boar too. The interactive map might be misleading. The Griffin and the Harpy queen do not exist there neither the quest givers.

The quest givers for the Harpy Queen and White Griffon do exist in 2.43. The givers aren't far from the spawn of the bosses at all. The reason why they turned these bosses in to quests is because some people didn't want them spawning in the middle of their grinding sessions. You have to look more closely to find the quest givers. Make sure you hit tab from time to time (or hold the tab key) to reveal the minimap in focus to ensure you spot a question mark close to the spawn of the boss you're seeking to gain set items from. Make sure either (or both your toons) has a good level of Enhanced Perception and Bargaining because there are two loot drops on the boss (one for when you complete the quest (works even better with Bargaining Mastery) and EP will help the loot that comes from the boss itself). Double dipping is so easy now that many bosses in Sacred 2 are now quest-derived rather than spawning automatically based on how close you are to it.

to find the Griffin head for the temple in the northwest corner of the high elf region. there is a monolith there with the quest giver right next to it.

Hi.

We have got the original FA 2.02 version. But we do not have Griffin with it and it is extremely hard to get unique or set item with this.

Is it good to use 2.43 patch? Will we get better drops with 2.43 patch, cause with Diablo 2 patch we got better drops while hardly anything with the original version?

Will my 2.02 version saved game work with 2.43 patch?

Will be the 2.43 patch working with my 2.02 original game? Can it be upgraded and would it be useful?

From 2.02--) 2.40--) 2.43 patch It seems that the 2.40 patch is only 1GB! HUHH What does it contain? Lotsa good stuff?

Edited by joanofarc
Hi.

We have got the original FA 2.02 version. But we do not have Griffin with it and it is extremely hard to get unique or set item with this.

Is it good to use 2.43 patch? Will we get better drops with 2.43 patch, cause with Diablo 2 patch we got better drops while hardly anything with the original version?

Will my 2.02 version saved game work with 2.43 patch?

Will be the 2.43 patch working with my 2.02 original game? Can it be upgraded and would it be useful?

From 2.02--) 2.40--) 2.43 patch It seems that the 2.40 patch is only 1GB! HUHH What does it contain? Lotsa good stuff?

yes it is very highly recommended that you patch to 2.43. and the updates and upgrades are way too many to list. 2.02-2.40 then 2.43 is the best way to go.

Hi.

Why is the 2.43 patch better? Will we get much better item and more often set and unique drops? And will we have more bosses, monsters? But it seems like a cheat, cause with 2.02 it is extremely hard to get set and unique item.

My brother level 55 SW just got 2 set pieces iup til now in original 2.02

Will be working my brother's saved Shadow Warrior in 2.02 with the 2.43 patch?

To be honest I dont know if patches can change the drop rate of items but im playing ice and blood im using patch 2.65.1 .

Before I install the ice and blood I install 2.43.Well I didnt see any difference ;p

At least thats my opinon :)

As from your previous post no matter how much patch you install there is no new boss or monsters(unless you install expansion "ice and blood")

for Diablo 2 The Fury within changed a lot the dropping. While original Diablo 2 you could hardly get any set in Fury I got a lot a lot of. Have you tried to play FA 2.02 without the upgrade? Is it possible to play Ice and Blood if I wanna uprade 2.43 patch with my 2.43 Chara?

What are patches good for:)

Edited by joanofarc

1)Nope I didnt try 2.0.2 version I upgrade it instantly.

2)The expansion "ice and blood" is available from the patch 2.40 or above.

Note:patches are good because they fix bugs at least is what I saw from other games and posts...

Edited by sasukekun21

1)Yes you cant play ice and blood without 2.40 patch at least(I suggest if you want to play the expansion better update your sacred 2 with all patches).

2)As I said at previous posts-topics it took me couple of hours to have nice set.So I guess its not so easy to have nice set in a short of time ;p

It depends on how much you build your character it also depends what items he/she wears (at the start I was with rings and other stuff that they had the ability"chance to find valuables")And im still keeping them :)

Edited by sasukekun21

It seems it is far easier to get drops (if you could after a couple of hours) with 2.40/2.43 while my brother who has a 58 SW 8has been playing for 2weeks) just only found 2 set items.

It is like as I said earlier I could hardly find any set drops in Diaplo 2 original, but after I put Fury within patch immediately it seemed far easier to get set and unique drops.

I think you read half of my post ;p . I also said if you have rings and other stuffs that they give you the ability"chance to find valuables"you can gain some valuable items in couple of hours.If not it will take ages xD.

The only hope for you to drop some good items is from boss :).

Gar colossus when I killed him I took ring if I remember that gives me chance to find valuable.

Bosses have nice chance to drop something but the best part is to have also enough chances to find something rare.And you can gain enough chane to find something according to your set luck :).

I keep all items that they say to find valuables because they are a great way to farm and make money as well ;p

I absolutely agree with you Locolagarto. If patches weren't good why would everybody upgrade?.

I see your point Sasulekun21, but my brother has killed all the big monsters in 2.02 version and 2 just got 2 nice (not good) swords (and they are not set neither unique pieces).

So there must be sg connection to patches.

Edited by joanofarc

It is like as I said earlier I could hardly find any set drops in Diaplo 2 original, but after installed Fury within patch it immediately seemed far easier to get set and unique drops. That about patches.

Anyway I did not see much technical errors and the patch is 1 GB

Edited by joanofarc

Hi Barristan

I have tried your Archangel The Earth shall Tremble Seraphim ( Tactics Lore, Dual Wield, Celestial Magic Focus, Exalted Warrior Focus, Armor, Constitution, Revered Technokogy Lore, Revered Tech. Focus and will pick lastly Toughness and Celestial Magic Lore) and could you give me advice how do you manage to eat runes to lower regeneration (like with the High Elf GI)?

At level 36 I have about 10 eaten runes ieach of the followings: Divine Protection, Archangels Wrath, Dashing Alactrity,Pelting Strikes, Battle Stance, Hallowed Restoration, Radiant Pillar.

But the regeneration time is high for each. Like 65 sec Divine Protection (cause I have just got Revered Focus) and Dashing+Divine Protection regeneration time are very high together in combo.

I cannot easily swap good items through net.

So if you could help me how to manage my rune eating, using that would be great!

Is really Archangels Wrath so good I cannot see it why yet?

One more question the last one would be Celestial Magic Lore for sure (for extra Radiant Pillar damage) but will not be it hard without Spell Resistance in the Forest? Will not it be harder to stronger Divine Protection without Warding Energy Lore?

THX in advance.

Rune management is one of the toughest mechanics in Sacred2 to master. my best advice, would be to runes read at 1 until you have leveled enough to bring your regen times down naturally. Reading runes will only raise your regen times. (the High elf GI is the only exception to the rule).

My advice as I read Barristan respond to you in another thread. keep runes read at 1 for the first 10-20 levels and possibly even longer. Use a target regen time for you gauge as to when to read runes. for example archangels wrath can fire very quickly so a 1.0s regen for that is a great target. pelting strikes has an animation time of about 2.5-3.0s so use that as a target for your regens.

When the regen begins to fall below your target, first read runes into your buffs. That will support your defenses at early levels. Once your buffs get to about 1/3 of your character level you can begin reading into your combat arts. But remember not to exceed your target regen time.

Thank Locolagarto,

The problem is with my Dual Wield Hybrid seraphim that it uses all 3 aspect (Warrior /DA, PS, and battle stance/, Celestial /RP, HR/ and Revered Techn /Archangels Wrath, Divine Protection/ ) so it is incredibly hard to keep up all of their damage at the same time without investing runes and lower their regeneration zime.

Thank Locolagarto,

The problem is with my Dual Wield Hybrid seraphim that it uses all 3 aspect (Warrior /DA, PS, and battle stance/, Celestial /RP, HR/ and Revered Techn /Archangels Wrath, Divine Protection/ ) so it is incredibly hard to keep up all of their damage at the same time without investing runes and lower their regeneration zime.

I agree. Creating a 3 aspect build and managing all your damage and regen is a task the most experienced of us find incredibly difficult. I recommended you focus on 1 aspect at a time. Start with exalted warrior until at least level 50, then start adding points to rev tech and celestial.

I am beginning to understand your troubles. Slow down, and don't try to rush. Sacred2 is not a flash in the pan, master in a weekend kind of game. Download and install all the patches before you try to go any further. And read as much as you can from the guides section.

Then start leveling slowly. The single player campaign is fine. But take your time and level. You will eventually gain a comfort level that will allow you to start pushing your builds faster once you have had a chance to learn more of the mechanics of the game.

You are right.Locolagarto.

I installed 2.40 and my brother got a 350 platemail Set Armor (until now level 65 he just found 120 that was the best he found in 2.02) So the patch gives a HUGE bonus also tot he attack and getting better items.

Not to mention that the Survival Bonus works much better with the patch and got increased significantly, while with the 2.02 it increased extremely slowly.

Edited by joanofarc

Most builds cannot farm the griffin without smith arts from niob. For one thing the griffin debuffs and without that gear I mentioned very hard to hit. seraphim has high hit chance so maybe.

The boar is easier although he is surrounded by a lot of other boars so you will have to draw a few off at a time and kill them then go for the main boar. But the location is west of black oaks. There is a portal. Go north until you see a quest to deliver a letter. Go east on the path. Then go in the forest and hunt around for a question mark. That is the quest giver of the boar. The boar will not appear until you take the quest.

I would do muggers brigands (tower by bridge in sloeford starts that) and kobold chief. Then portal to the boar. And kill the boar. Then reload the game until you have set pieces. Stick a lot of whets into the armor which will allow you to hurt gar colossus more. He has physical armor and magical armor. I recommend putting a poison fang in your sword because that will be good for the next stage, the orcs. (I think) Don't put a magic pearl in.

Edited by claudius