Editing soundprofile.txt

Gordius

Within C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\scripts\client is a script called soundprofile.txt. It is possible within that file to edit the sounds connected to a Character Type. Remember to take a backup of the original file before you begin making any changes.

Example:

Within the Hero Dragon Mage section are entries referring to the music which plays when he is in battle. The important thing to note is the Resource = number

event526 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_EASY", resource = 1029 };

event527 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_MEDIUM", resource = 1030 };

event528 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_HARD", resource = 1031 };

To hear that music when playing the Shadow Warrior find the Hero Shadowwarrior section and replace the resource numbers with those above. So within Hero Shadowwarrior change

event113 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_EASY", resource = 1000 };

event114 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_MEDIUM", resource = 1001 };

event115 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_HARD", resource = 1002 };

to

event113 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_EASY", resource = 1029 };

event114 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_MEDIUM", resource = 1030 };

event115 = { event = "MUSIC_FIGHT_HARD", resource = 1031 };

If you want to hear the battle music the files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\pak\musiclq and musichq for the Sacred 2 Characters and C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\pak\musiclg1 and musichq1, shouldn't be too hard to find. The other sound files are scattered around in the soundhqX and soundlqX files.

Things to watch out for!

Characters have a different number of events, for example the Shadow Warrior has 1530 and the Battle Mage has 1522 so copy\pasting everything from one character to another could cause a problem. Earlier today I did copy all of the Temple Guardian sounds replacing everything in the Shadow Warrior section they have a different number of events, the game worked without problems as far as I could tell but maybe I simply did not trigger any events missing from my new file.

The Seraphim and Inquisitor. For most characters there are different events for some sounds depending upon whether the character is light or dark but the Seraphim and Inquisitor only have light and dark events respectively.

As far as I can tell it is not possible to find which resource number is linked to which sound file other than by reading the soundprofile.txt file.

Notes

I am still experimenting to check out what can and cannot be done safely. Next, what happens if I use duplicate resource numbers for more than one event (I guess nothing but ... ). Finding out what happens if I replace an effect event (opening the Imp Chest for example) using a music file, ie the music is longer than the event, I guess nothing but again ... I have already spent time on Multiplayer Island listening to the Xmas Music instead of the default without any problems.

Request

Has anyone ever found a null file (no sound at all). It might be nice to selectively "tun-off" certain sounds.

Edited by Gordius

Nice to know that, thanks, can be useful if you get annoyed by certain sounds like it can happens sometimes or other things.

Personnaly I disabled the battles musics by adding sound.volume_group02 = 0 to the optionscustom.txt.

bye

• 8 years later...

Does anyone know how to enable the blind guardian song during the campaign? I was looking at the txt values but maybe, as with the balance.txt,

Is it just a question of going down and up numbers? and so give between repetition and time intervals with the song. I have not played Sacred 2 for years and I find this page. Amazing! what good contributions to keep sacred alive since sacred 3 definitely has nothing to do with its predecessors.

I am not aware of any way to play the actual song by Blind Guardian in the game but to actually accept and play through the quest in Sloeford. There is a partial instrumental version of the music that plays for a period during the idle portion of the start screen. If anyone knows how to get it to play in other parts of the game, such as during battle, then that would be Flix. I would like to know how to allow a character to use their pool of random and responsive game chat in order to incorporate both components of "good alignment" and that of "bad alignment." Or, simply mixing a portion of one to another, allowing an increase in different responses during the game. Surely, there must be ways to adjust soundprofile.txt in order to achieve this as well along with a number of other things.

• Like! 1

Hello!  I absolutely love Blind Guardian so I was thrilled when they were brought on board for Sacred 2.

Like Hooyaah, I'm not quite sure what you want.  If you have videos disabled in the options, then the concert won't play at the climax of the Blind Guardian quest, if that's what you meant.

If you want the song playing during the campaign, well I hate to say there's not a standalone audio track of the song packaged with the game, aside from the instrumental number in the credits.  The song in the concert is part of a video file.

I would probably just play the track in an audio player while you're playing the game?

• Like! 1
On 1/7/2019 at 5:26 PM, Hooyaah said:

Yo no soy consciente de ninguna manera de jugar en el real de la canción de Blind Guardian en el juego, pero a aceptar y jugar a través de la búsqueda en Sloeford. El heno de la onu parcial de la versión instrumental de la música que se reproduce por un periodo de tiempo de inactividad de la porción de la pantalla de inicio. Si alguien sabe cómo llegar a jugar en otras partes del juego, tales como durante la batalla, después de que sería Flix. Me gustaría saber cómo permitir que un personaje de la onu con su grupo de azar y sensible chat del juego con el fin de incorporar tanto los componentes de la "buena

alineación" y que de "mala alineación." O, simplemente mezclar una porción de uno a otro, permitiendo un incremento en las respuestas de diferentes durante el juego. Seguramente, debe haber maneras de ajustar soundprofile.txt para lograr esto, junto con un número de otras cosas.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, Flix said:

Hello!  I absolutely love Blind Guardian so I was thrilled when they were brought on board for Sacred 2.

Like Hooyaah, I'm not quite sure what you want.  If you have videos disabled in the options, then the concert won't play at the climax of the Blind Guardian quest, if that's what you meant.

If you want the song playing during the campaign, well I hate to say there's not a standalone audio track of the song packaged with the game, aside from the instrumental number in the credits. The song in the concert is part of a video file.

I would probably just play the track in an audio player while you're playing the game?

Regard,

Well, I'm talking about not playing sacred 2 since 2013 more or less. And 3 days ago I reinstalled the game by having found this web. And wow! things have changed. At that time, when you finished the game, the bling guardian song happened to be randomly the battle music during the game, which was really great in contrast to the predetermined music that after hours, makes you sleepy. Now, the updates I had saved do not work. I guess you enter the obsolete updates. So Sad, somewhere in those obsolescence, BG song will be left behind.. :D

Edited by Lussbhel
6 hours ago, Lussbhel said:

Regard,

Well, I'm talking about not playing sacred 2 since 2013 more or less. And 3 days ago I reinstalled the game by having found this web. And wow! things have changed. At that time, when you finished the game, the bling guardian song happened to be randomly the battle music during the game, which was really great in contrast to the predetermined music that after hours, makes you sleepy. Now, the updates I had saved do not work. I guess you enter the obsolete updates. So Sad, somewhere in those obsolescence, BG song will be left behind.. :D

I've loved reading your posts, Lussbehl.  More than anything reading about someone's enjoyment of Sacred 2 after coming upon the little community here at world's end (Dark Canadian winter :lol:) keeps up the inspiration to keep finding ways to connect to people with this game.

Ecstatic that you're enjoying the game so much and have found time to register and post.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

On 1/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, gogoblender said:

I've loved reading your posts, Lussbehl.  More than anything reading about someone's enjoyment of Sacred 2 after coming upon the little community here at world's end (Dark Canadian winter :lol: ) keeps up the inspiration to keep finding ways to connect to people with this game.

Ecstatic that you're enjoying the game so much and have found time to register and post.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:smile:

gogo

Thank you all for staying.

It was not very difficult to arrive, I was already subscribed and I did not remember, I am subscribed from September 1, 2010 :blink: I was installing the game by CD, it launched an update bug, I researched on the internet :help: and then I deduced that everything related to sacred, darkmatters is behind moving the strings. 

It is in the first searches on the web to throw information about everything about the game. Sacred 2 has much more to give and I think that from here they are giving, how can that "something else" that left many players dissatisfied. Too bad that it has been left as a project for future deliveries. I am not informed, but sacred 3 could not have been done by those who created sacred 2, at least not informing me, that makes me believe, just by seeing it. 

Players feeding a game as if it were created by themselves.

Edited by Lussbhel
  • 1 year later...

Hey!

I wondered how to change the sound of one of my CAs.

I read the second comment about adding an entry to the optionscustom.txt, I wondered which entry I have to add... and how to find the entry...

0) To actually only change the sound of a single CA, you need to open the soundprofile.txt as described in the topic. in the \scripts\client folder.

1) I found the Hero_Dryad Section, look for "Hero Dryad"

, but finding the CA is not so easy.

2) You have to find the appropriate german name as described here:

Or more directly here is the direct list of spellname "translations":

3) Here the name of the CA Sinister Predator is "Projektilfokus" (pronouncing it sounds beautiful),

with that I could find this, in the soundprofile.txt (in the client folder of the sacred root)

profilename  = "FX Dryad Projektilfokus",
	fx         = 188,
	mindistancefactor = 80,
	maxdistancefactor = 100,
	event1 = { event = "FX_CAST", resource = 2717 };
	event2 = { event = "FX_STAGE0", resource = 2718 };
-- changed to resource = 00

"stage0" is the ongoing effect after having cast it. Then it will look like this

event2 = { event = "FX_STAGE0", resource = 0000 };

instead of 00, you can choose any of another CA or any other sound, by finding its resource.

You could replace it with one of the High Elf Buff sounds (if you want) as described in the topic.

You can hear its default sound here (to test):

<your sacred 2 root AKA normal install path>\Sacred 2\pak\soundlq.zip\fx\spells\dr

Heads up: These are .Ogg files, you can for instance open them with Foobar2000.

Closing words:

Note: 1) was not necessary to find, but still useful regarding your hero.

To repeat: As pointed out in the topic, yes always make a backup of the files you change, optimally in a dedicated data folder where you store your notes about your changes - just as an easy organizing tip. You need to do the backup anyways.

Tip2: You can use "--" to comment, and perhaps copy the original code within your changed.txt to quicker revert single entries later on.

I hope this example is helpful to someone! As the other ones were to me.

Thanks for this topic.

PS:

Question Time

How do I find the "Resurrection Monolith" entry?

Edited by Guest
  • 8 months later...

I found what I think seems to be a silent ogg

event45 = { event = "GUI_XBOX_CANCEL", resource = 72064 };

The look collect fail sound was getting a bit annoying in the livestream so I changed

event30 = { event = "GUI_AUTOCOLLECT_FAILED", resource = 72032 };

to

event30 = { event = "GUI_AUTOCOLLECT_FAILED", resource = 72064 };