What Do You Miss From The Old Darkmatters Forum?

Heyas all. Well I just realized that I might easily forget a number of things that need to be put back into place so I'm creating this topic as a plea for.... HELP! :oooo: There's a lot of things that we need back but there's just so many I'm certain I'll miss something and I'd rather not. Mostly because I could probably do batch changes of 2 or 3 odd jobs at a time. Many things will be closely related enough to do that. So if we could get a list going that would really help! :)

THE LIST:

MODS:

• Local Time in Topics Mod - Just looked into this and it turns out the author hasn't made it compatable with IPB 3.0 yet

GRAPHICS:

• Bring back the SacredWiki shield
  • Bring back Pips!

SETTINGS:

FUNCTIONS:

• Make Fast Reply active by default

LAYOUT:

• Position the "Post New Topic" and "Preview Post" buttons, (when typing a post), further up the page so is visible as soon as page loads. To remove the need to scroll down.

Cant say I've found anything I miss yet Schot.

Just a matter now of learning the new functions. Getting used to the new theme, as I'm used to the Sterling Theme. I remember it was easier on the eyes. Not so busy, if you know what I mean?

I understand we have a theme which is similiar to Sterling, but for posterity sake, the Christmas Theme will remain until next year.

Hope your feeling better soon. Gogo has said your still in pain. Sorry to hear this news!

I remain, Etherian

Cheers Etherian. I think I know exactly what you mean. Rest assured there will be much more breathing space in the layout to come. Working on the feeling better part. Thanx! :)

Should be good now Knuckles. The changes you should be able to see now were done on the Ho Ho skin yesterday. I just assumed that they would cascade into the Silent skin but I guess not. Lesson learned! ^^

Notifications...

OK.. I get one in my email. I click the link and I'm taken to the message in question. Great. But I look up in the corner next to my name - and I still have notifications for the item I just read and replied to. Shouldn't that keep track of things better?

Also, if the notification count is not 0, it shows the number in black on red - which makes it really hard to read. When it's 0, it's in white - and easy to read...

And is it possible to make notifications pop up like they used to?

I dont know if its just me, but there seems to be alot of empty space below each post above the reply/multiquote button. So far anything else I've noticed has been mentioned though.

I've always disliked that. It's because of all the info above and below our avatars that keep the whole post at the height it is. Oddly enough this never seemed to be a concern for the creators of our forum software. I've tried to tackle it before bt something else always seems to come up whenever I have. I'll try again this month.

Notifications...

OK.. I get one in my email. I click the link and I'm taken to the message in question. Great. But I look up in the corner next to my name - and I still have notifications for the item I just read and replied to. Shouldn't that keep track of things better?

Yup! Totally hear yah there. I had the very same thought. I haven't had a chance to look closely yet but I think we all may have a personal setting for that. Clicking on your name up top right and choosing settings should bring up some notification options.

Also, if the notification count is not 0, it shows the number in black on red - which makes it really hard to read. When it's 0, it's in white - and easy to read...

That's a design choice by the creator of this skin so it's on my to do list. It's a temporary skin so not an urgency though it is a very good point in terms ensuring certain alerts stand out. As for the popup I "think" I saw a setting regarding that in my personal settings somewhere...

That's a design choice by the creator of this skin so it's on my to do list. It's a temporary skin so not an urgency though it is a very good point in terms ensuring certain alerts stand out. As for the popup I "think" I saw a setting regarding that in my personal settings somewhere...

I found it. Click on your name at top right, my settings, then notification options and then under notification preferences select show popup when I receive...

I just noticed while writing a post, when using some of the bbcodes they have a strange effect. For example, the following:

[s2wiki]<text>[/s2wiki]

Results in random spaces after the words. Like so:

[s2wiki]Fallen Angel[/s2wiki] filler text

gives:

Fallen Angelfiller text

Is this because of the issues with bbcode at the moment/is it something fixeable?

so far the only thing that gets in the way of my spamming is the unfolding of the fast reply box. . If we're trying to make a post as quickly as possible, the reply should also go way up farther than the upload which noone uses, or more rarely.

Oh yeah and trying to get the facebook like buttons added...though seeming to be evasive.

:)

gogo

so far the only thing that gets in the way of my spamming is the unfolding of the fast reply box.

Wouldn't it be possible to have it open by default, that would fix this quite quickly.

Oh yeah and trying to get the facebook like buttons added...though seeming to be evasive.

*Hides the evil buttons of doom a bit better*

Wouldn't it be possible to have it open by default, that would fix this quite quickly.

We were both looking through some options to see if we can just make the quick reply form a pre-spawned form. The way it is now, is like it's kinda like a unloaded functionality that when you click it takes it's time while it accordions out open.

annoying

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

I do, and try to ignore the accordioning, but it just seems like such extra ness. I liked the way the older forum always had the box spawned as a solid window.

*whine*

:D

gogo

The only missing things for me is our Sterling Sacred (after christmas of course) and local time in posts. :D

For facebook buttons, I agree a little bit with Arp, and it's not really usefull, at least for me... :crazy:

Edited by Woody

I just noticed while writing a post, when using some of the bbcodes they have a strange effect. For example, the following:

[s2wiki]<text>[/s2wiki]

Results in random spaces after the words. Like so:

[s2wiki]Fallen Angel[/s2wiki] filler text

gives:

Fallen Angelfiller text

Is this because of the issues with bbcode at the moment/is it something fixeable?

That's a very strange result of the original code from ipbwiki, our bridge, I believe. I'll have a look and see if I can tighten that up. I agree it looks inconsistent.

Fix random spaces after text link from using wiki bbcode.

The only missing things for me is our Sterling Sacred (after christmas of course) and local time in posts. :D

For facebook buttons, I agree a little bit with Arp, and it's not really usefull, at least for me... :crazy:

Oh I'm sure I'll resurrect Sterling one day. :) Local Time will be a toughy though! ^^

Heya,

all work and no play for you guys again huh :sweating: Good work! :thumbsup:

Btw, did you also see that some of the.... what are they called... Pips? don't work? Especially the animated ones.

Anyways, keep up the good work, and don't forget to get on servers sometimes ;)

Greetz

Oh the pips! Completely missed that. Added to the list. Thanx Barris! Now if I could just find a Clone Self mod so I could play Sacred and work. ^^

One more thing I miss... Photobucket... It was SO much simpler to upload the image there, click on the check box, click the create link and have it do the automatic thumb thing.

Not quite sure how this is supposed to work now. :cha (18):

heh, the funny thing is we were the only wiki in the world that used to outsource pix. Pretty much every other wiki in the world has members upload directly to the dbase. In our case, it was too expensive at the time with the hoster we were with, so when Sacred 2 got released on Console...that's when the BLEEP hit the fan. The wiki kept running out of connections, one day our hoster dropped us till the next day for our starting month... one day afer work I got home, and all the images on Forum were replaced with ugly images from bucket telling us to upgrade. ahhh, good times Lo

Cool thing is... I've just eaten food now so can think better... all we have to do is check out other game wiki's and pretend to upload pix to their database, and let oureelves be inspired by their management. All the biggest wiki's use our same software, media wiki...so half the research is done.

gogo

Cool thing is... I've just eaten food now so can think better... all we have to do is check out other game wiki's and pretend to upload pix to their database, and let oureelves be inspired by their management. All the biggest wiki's use our same software, media wiki...so half the research is done.

gogo

Espionage...I like :)