Fast Leveling Or Killing Speed?

Fast Leveling or Killing Speed?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best thing to focus on in order to make the most of the game?

• Fast Leveling (socketing experience rings or amulets)
    • Killing Speed (socketing stuff that will make your toon "stronger")
    • middle ground
  2. 2. What's the best way to level up?

• Fast Leveling
    • Killing Speed
    • middle ground

I've been really into fast leveling lately, trying to reach level 200 as soon as possible. It can be good fun at the beginning, but, in my opinion, playing is less "tasty" that way. You don't know exactly how your build is, as you're sacrifying power, and thus you can't see neither its limits nor advantages. So I was wondering if it was better to reach glory quickly or enjoy every single second of the game.

For those who want to have a thrilling game but don't want to get stuck, here comes the second question: What will make you level up faster? Getting nice xp but killing slowly or having a low xp income but being a butcher? You also have to consider that every new player in a server gives +50% xp bonus per kill, but it increases enemies' life as well.

To be honest I'm really confused and I don't know what to do. At first it was meant to be another Munera's silly question but I think having a poll is more exciting :P

Thanks in advance :)

I have to whimp out and go middle ground.

I have lately been on a speed level kick, but the grind can get a bit boring But at the same time, the excitement of those levels is hard to turn away. If you stop leveling the character can get kinda stale.

For those that keep the spark in a character by testing the limits, whether that is fast leveling or advancing difficulties underleveled, or even legendary hunting. you gotta have some kind of goal or mission to advance to or you lose your way so to speak and get bored.

Well...I feel like loco, aim for middle ground. You want to be able to kill fast enough so that one or two extra people in a server don't slow you down too much, but gain the most experience as possible. lately, on my inquis Ive been running around with +100% experience from over level 100 and running with my other account in the server at all times, kill speed is still good, so its ok :)

I've been really into fast leveling lately, trying to reach level 200 as soon as possible.

I can only go off of your first wish. You said you wanted to reach level 200 as fast as possible. I agree with you, in a way going very fast takes alot away from the game. But in this case, your primary focus is to reach 200 as soon as possible.

Which brings me to my opinion only. If your wanting to reach 200 as soon as possible. You have to level as fast as possible.

The only way I know how to acheive this task. Socket as much +% experience per kill jewerly. The ironic downfall to so much socketed jewelry type is our kill speeds tend to fall. Which is why in my opinion only. It is very important to not only kill everything you see on your screen. But also, run quests at the same time. In doing so, you maximize your experience per gaming session.

After you have reached 200 as soon as possible. Then you may want to change your focus. Slow down & enjoy the game to its fullest.

My thoughts only, I am sure people will disagree. But there again, you asked for 200 as soon as possible. The above is how I reached 170 in pretty decent time.

The grind does get boring after level 150 or so...focus on the task at hand will help you through the grind.

Hope this tid'bit helps!

I remain, :bye:

Welp, it depends on toon.

I see only 2 real reasons to want to level fast, with a third 'somewhat';

1. Blacksmith

2. Specific level trader

3. To gain a power, I.e. constitution mastery, or whatever, and would only be for a few lvls.

Blacksmith and traders are a given as to reasoning, the third is just the 'I don't want to wait' to get an upgrade.

Aside these, I can only say this;

There is nothing to do at level 200.

Action RPG's are more about the journey than the arrival.

There is at 200 PvP, if you're into that, and that's it for the most.

Cheers,

I agree, it depends on the toon.

If you have a single target destroyer (like a boss runner), you will likely have a fairly large amount of power at your disposal. In this case it will probably be advantageous to substitute in some +xp gear, as you are only going against a few opponents and will want to maximize the rewards of the effort. That said, if you are boss hunting for gear in a particular level range, you probably want to avoid the extra gains.

If you have a mob killer, you can get away with less +xp for the gains in damage. The more pain you can inflict, the bigger the mob you will be comfortable gathering. This will allow you to passively increase your xp returns. More enemies = more xp.

That said though, I think every character can benefit from a little bit of +xp, even if you pick it up as a secondary modifier on shopped jewelery. It seems to be a lot more meaningful at 100+ when the grind really kicks in.

Edited by dreeft

I agree, it depends on the toon.

I agree too.

By example if you have a celestial seraphim with the energy-shield, you'll have less experience bonus than a celestial seraphim without energy-shield, because you need more modifiers for the shield : 6x10% Absorbtion energy shield + at least 3 with +xx% max energy shield -> 9 slots that can't be used for socketing experience rings.

Here is some stats from a fire elf on a full server :

level 1-16 : +123% experience : 30 mins.

level 16-60 : +202.8%experience : 2h36

level 60-100 : +240%experience : 6h39

level 107-151 : +280%experience : 1D

level 151-180 : +323%experience : 2D 19H

:)

Unless I have played a game to death, I never try to level up too quick. I just feel that you can miss out on so much.

It should be about the journey to get there.

I voted for quick killing, which is handy. Kill them before they kill you !?!? :viking:

I've always gone for fastest killing speed

I always compare my killing speed for "goodess" to see if I can do a TOPS two hit kill on a champ with a full server of peeps with a blowpipe with my dryad using Darting Assault with one hit kills on every other normal enemy in the game.

Only if I can meet the above "need" I will then put in experience gear to increase the leveling. Fast kill speed really keeps me motivated and the run to level 140 always breezes by.

:)

gogo

I think faster killing for more drops. Bosshunting for the most drops and risk. More xp on lucrative but easy targets for faster leveling. Not necessarily mutually exclusive, yet a trade off.

I went for fast leveling, but that is a slightly misleading answer, as my priorities change at different levels. For example my Inquisitor is based arond Clustering Maelstrom as my mob killer. Now at lower levels I want to level faster so that I can develope it as a good mob killer, but when I get to higher levels my priority changes to faster killing speed as I face tougher opponents. Perhaps I should have voted for the middle ground? Oh well too late now!

I'm not sure my style fits any of the categories so I went with 'middle ground'. I try to rush my toons until I have all my skills chosen. Before that I just feel like my character is incomplete and I just want to finish the build. Once I have some significant time invested, I try to make them as much of a 'tank' as I can. Between bugs and lag, I want a toon that can hopefully withstand the inevitable damage when those occur. I lost a level 186 Dark Elf to a bug in S1, that would have survived if he had a little more def. Still 'bugs' me (no pun intended)