Cool New Features And Gadgetry!

I juuuust caught this one and I love it! Below you can see that I've just clicked a tiny icon which pulled open a magical portal into the topic within. Neat huh!

preview.JPG

Oh and now that I've used our image uploader it's come to my attention that we now have cool lightbox technology. Lightbox is the function that takes place after you click on the thumbnail above.

• Like! 1

I juuuust caught this one and I love it! Below you can see that I've just clicked a tiny icon which pulled open a magical portal into the topic within. Neat huh!

post-19-0-41454200-1291779333_thumb.jpg

Oh and now that I've used our image uploader it's come to my attention that we now have cool lightbox technology. Lightbox is the function that takes place after you click on the thumbnail above.

Sweet... I noticed the little icon thing a day or so ago. It's very cool - especially when you wanna see the last post without opening the topic entirely. If there's more than one post, it will show you the first or last (depending on which link you click) post in a thread. It also seems to show you the first unread post in a given thread...

The lightbox thing - likewise very kewl. Saves effort in opening the pic in a new tab.. Does this feature extend to the Wiki as well? And if there are multiple pics on a given page, do you get to navigate back and forth between them?

Oh.. And speaking of uploading... I got a pic to upload to the wiki... Any idea how soon that will be sorted out for the rest of us?

Edited by Schot

We could have lightbox on the wiki certainly. I'll talk that over with gogo and see what he thinks.

As for uploads I'm working on that now. :sweating:

Kewl...! Looking forward to the uploads working.

The only prob I can see with lighboxing the wiki - some pics are rather large and might not fit someone's screen. Ah well.. You can still right-click and open it in a new window/tab.

OK.. So what's the error message?

Also, what browser are you using?

Hi.

This appears on screen :-

! [#10171] you do not have permission to view this attachment.

I hope by 'browser' you mean Google ?

Im using firefox.

He means are you using chrome of internet explorer of firefox or so steve.

Oh dear, I'm going to expose my ignorance here ! :blush:

Firefox...........isn't that a military helicopter !?!?

Hmmm, If I understand correctly, then I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

So sorry for sounding dumb..............it's because I am ! :tongue:

Firefox...........isn't that a military helicopter !?!?

Nope it was that really cool fighter jet from the movie of the same name with ...

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/image-files/firefox-clint-eastwood-movie-poster.jpg

The super cool Helicopter was:

http://jackasscritics.com/images/movies/blue_thunder_01.jpg

lol

cheers

Hi.

Well.. I got that error from Firefox 3.6. Seems I wasn't logged into the site. Look below the error message - see if it shows anything else - any further details.

Maybe it's your version of IE... Thinking I'm opening a rather large can of worms here - but what version are you running? Click Help | About Internet Explorer - and let us know what you've got.

@ Schot -

Hmm.. Maybe not such a good idea to put the lightbox thing in. Firefox handles thumbs differently than IE. In IE 8, I see a small thumb on your initial post and the image opens up in the lightbox.

However, in FF 3.6, I just get a button to download the file followed by a link. No thumb, no lightbox.

And depending on Cider Steve's answer, it may not work in other versions beside IE 7 or 8.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I have no problem with that lightbox in FF 3.6

Are you sure it isn't an adblocker/scriptblocker/popupblocker?

Nope. Don't have any of those except the built in pop-up controller. This isn't so much a question of a pop-up. Not a script blocking issue - otherwise nothing really would have worked on the site.

It may be the implentation of the code that's in question, not the concept.

Aha! Found that bloody setting. Sheesh. So many buttons and switches. :heat: If anyone still can't see the image in the first post then could you post that here? I'd rather not go through every single possible setting. ^^

Perfect! Thanx DragonBro. Sadly the setting that controls the viewing of attached pictures can be specific to each forum as well as each member type. Lemme tell yah. We got a whooooole lota members, forums and member types, lol.

O.K. Smarty pants! so now you have to tell me how you did the image attachment. Is that a super admin function or will it be available as an alternative to IMG bbcode?

Too attach an image you simply upload it when posting and then click on add attachment or something...mind you, I dont know if its possible everywhere or only when you start a topic...

Edited by Dragon Brother

Too attach an image you simply upload it when posting and then click on add attachment or something...mind you, I dont know if its possible everywhere or only when you start a topic...

I did some testing and couldn't find an upload option. in posts or new threads. Maybe it's something yet to be unvieled

Ooooooh yeah. I guess y'all'd like to upload now eh. It hasn't been completely set up for uploading yet. I just set up some of the forums to allow uploading such as this one as well as the Guides section and the Sacred 2 General subforum. At least I "think" I did it right. ^^

Hi.

Well.. I got that error from Firefox 3.6. Seems I wasn't logged into the site. Look below the error message - see if it shows anything else - any further details.

Maybe it's your version of IE... Thinking I'm opening a rather large can of worms here - but what version are you running? Click Help | About Internet Explorer - and let us know what you've got.

@ Schot -

Hmm.. Maybe not such a good idea to put the lightbox thing in. Firefox handles thumbs differently than IE. In IE 8, I see a small thumb on your initial post and the image opens up in the lightbox.

However, in FF 3.6, I just get a button to download the file followed by a link. No thumb, no lightbox.

And depending on Cider Steve's answer, it may not work in other versions beside IE 7 or 8.

I have Internet Explorer 8.