Cool New Features And Gadgetry!

Getting the message too.

Firefox-user reporting in.

Steve: Naw, is good. Guessing you aren't a "heavy" comp user. ;)

Heh, I've been 'using' pc's for around 30 years BUT, only for games and looking at the internet. Anything more complex just gives me a nose bleed. :D

Steve: Yea, thought so much. Ain't that much of a wiz myself either. Though I'll get my nosebleeds from some other stuff. :sweating:

Hopefully the coding stuff will be solved. Could be useful in those guides and such. Cheers!

Oh, btw. How does one earn those rep. points? Just kinda curious... :blush:

Edited by Stormwing

Do you see the little plus button with a number next to it inside a box in the top right of each post? If someone clicks on the plus you get +1 rep and the number goes up one for the post and one for your overall rep. I think schot said we had 3 points per day to assign to others posts like this. I wonder when the timer resets though...

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • Like! 1

Do you see the little plus button with a number next to it inside a box in the top right of each post? If someone clicks on the plus you get +1 rep and the number goes up one for the post and one for your overall rep. I think schot said we had 3 points per day to assign to others posts like this. I wonder when the timer resets though...

Interesting. I did wonder myself, and thought that maybe it was something to do with overall post count.

reputation is tricky for us. I'm not a fan of using group metrics for our forum regarding "value". We'd always wanted the rep to only be per "action*' a kind of existential metric derived from a member's contribution. On other forums I frequent, this also comes with a field that opens up and lets you instnatly send the person you are sending a personalized comment or message that they can "collect". Instant warm fuzzy feeling.

We found a hack that we though would work last night, but when we tried it out, it was buggy. The search goes on!

:bounce:

gogo

^ Yep, I see where you're coming from. Too bad none of the other places I've been or am regular had anything as elaborate system I've seen in some places... Might as well snoop around a little, when I look up some stuff. ^^

Little off the current thing; we had a nice roleplay thingie few years ago in some RPG emulation boards. Just a suggestion, when everything else starts to fall in place. It could add a nice flavour.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed something today, hopefully I can type the abbreviations cause when I did in a thread it spelled out the long version. I wrote S 2..and it posted Sacred 2 then in another thread today I wrote In q and it posted Inquisitor. Never noticed that before

Edit: I had to insert spaces in the red highlighted text or it wouldn't show abbreviations. Even when wrapped in code tags it wanted to spell it out. As much as I like this, is there a way to turn this off if I desired?

We built in abbreviations translate to word because there were so many acronyms, readers were not understanding what the posts were about. Knuckles is there a reason that you want functionality for writing in acronyms? I'm not sure we can have both

:)

gogo

No not really at this time...I was more curious if it was a forum or user option. The reason you stated makes more sense than any preference or desire I had. Though I did also notice S1 doesn't spell out to Sacred 1 :D

it's funny, the acronym explosion seemed to happen in Sacred 2...HUGE CA names, I remember trying to wallow through tons of text and not knowing what was going on. Specially with the inqs... out of control

:blink:

gogo