Advices For A Melee Inquisitor

super-avianti

Hi,

I'm done for now with my GI/ranged Inquisitor for various reasons.

I'm considering starting a new melee one.

I plan to pass completely on AS for various reasons (when I say pass it's "pass" I won't read a single read for those CAs), so the focus should be on NN and GI. I'm in search for various advices.

Disclaimers / Goals for the build:

* I read all the guide already but it didn't made me any better at building characters :) (or not :( ).

* I'm playing on 360, so feat like Alchemy, Blacksmith are no accessible to me. I may have to deal with bugs no longer affecting PC renditions of the game (paralysing dread comes to mind).

* I don't have access to the extension, I plan to rush to niob but I should not face the destructive CAs you people are facing on PC.

* I don't want my build to be a glass cannon.

* I don't want to depend on gear.

* It's not a hardcore build (I intend not to die but I don't care if it happens, I tend to be distracted some times and to die stupidly, on top of it there's no pause on consoles).

--------------------------

Ok let move to my concerns.

First focussing on GI/NN I plan to use both weapon and non weapon based CAs =>

First concern how should I deal with the attributes and weapon choices.

Dex and Int are the highest Inquisitor attributes, should I try to benefit from that by using weapons that make the most of those attributes?

1) Pole arms use dex as a modifier.

2) short swords/daggers as a modifier.

3) Staffs Int for damage modifier only.

Here my thoughts:

1&2) dex is the modifier for both the damage and hit chance, but I should not care for the latter as various CAs and Buffs should do the job in this regard.

2) short swords/daggers have low range, which may prevent me to do the most of CAs like RM.

2) Short sword can be dual wield (always convenient)

=> going for staves sounds like the most interesting option if one is only to consider the synergy between attributes and damages.

Questions:

.Does this work properly on 360 (both as single weapon or dual wielding)?

.Would you go with the magic staffs skill or dual wield one (ie do staffs "un-lockable" properties are worth the lost sockets?)?

.Overall I should not care for this synergy and choose my weapon based on other criteria (available unique items, range, un-lockable properties, etc.). If so may you give me some advices on the matter.

Sum-up depending on the answer I'll see how I balance my attribute point between vitality and int/dex/str, I'm leaning toward 1 point in vitality @ every level and put what left into int.

Second concern the skills choices:

Here my ideas (pretty standard I guess)

NN Lore

Tactic Lore

concentration

Armor lore

constitution

NN Focus

GI Focus

Combat discipline

SR

CR

EDIT something is wrong above I forgot the weapon skill so Cr is on its way out :)

What do you think about it? Any advice on ordering? Which Skills would you master first? (that's the part where usually I've trouble with the few builds I made, I'm not focus enough...). The only one I'm sure about is constitution I want it mastered @75lvl.

Third concern the mods for CAs.

Not realy a concern actually I plan to take from various guides :)

NN <= taken from "corpse explosion necro" build.

DS: Gelidy/Torture/wildfire

IS: Brunt/Menace/Probation

PD: Despair/Decrepit/extension

ED: Restore/Violence/Apocalypse

SR: Zealot/Source/Zealot

GI:

CE: Bleed/Lacerate/Draw life (<= as it bypasses resistance)

RM: Ire/Dolor/Frenzy

MP: Disgrace/Proclamation/Mortify

FF: Faith/resolve/relentless

PC: Mystic/Eradicate/Hallow

---------------------------

Play style.

Basically I use this two guides for this build:

The corpse explosion necro caster

and

Offensive melee Inquisitor

The play style should closer to the second build ie an executioner (that's one of the reason why I pass on AS all together, I don't feel like giving a "jedi" twist to my killer).

First due to diminishing returns and the fact that I've to save points for other skills I can't 200 points into multiple skills. I've to put point equally in the NN and GI skills (4 skills). I decide to invest a skill slot and skill points into combat discipline. I'm not a combo person (I like simple build) but whereas tactic lore boost damages on every single blown, CD boosts damages passively for all my CAs. So it's a trade off I make, my base attack may do lower damage but I can shift between more CAs which damages are boosted.

I can to the same conclusion in regard to Concentration, having more regen power will allow me to read more runes and rip more benefit for SR and PC as well as making the build less gear dependant.

For combos:

FF/PD

MP/CE/RM

DS/IS/ED

I'm planning to start the build tonight, but really advices are really welcome, I can't do thing wrong in early level but I really need help to the dispatch of the skills point.

Many thanks :)

EDIT: I changed my mind and decided to stick with a ranged build focusing on the same aspects GI/NN.

Edited by super-avianti

OK I already have some others questions...

Do CAs like CE, RM, MP have a built in attack value like "magic coup"?

I ask because that would help me to save skill points and as opposed to Kudo25 build I should rely a lot less on standard attacks.

I also have another question in regard to "xxx" lores and damages bonus they grant as opposed to the damages granted by combat discipline.

Tactic lore ups the amount of life leech by properly mod CAs as CE or RM, Combat discipline doesn't.

Is the same true for other CAs? I'll use an example, does NN lore ups the damages done by the "torture" mod for dislodged spirit? (I know CD won't).

I ask before once again that may allow me to save quiet some skill points.

using Kudos25 formatting the build could looks like this @level 75:

Level 75: 296 Points Total

NN lore: 50

Tactic Lore: 50

Weapon skill: 1

Armor Lore: 18

concentration:1

Constitution: 75

NN focus: 50

GI focus: 50

Combat discipline: 1

Spell Resistance: 1

296 points in total, do you (dear members) see something wrong with this?

Edited by super-avianti

I am typing on a netbook and no access to spells.txt. But I think magic coup adds base and x% attack value perr combat art level. Most other weapon attacks do just base attack value. A weapon lore is base attack value too, while speed lore or socketing whet(?)=damage from blacksmith are x% attack value. You will get x% attack value if your netherworld buff has souls.

An english short description of one of the most read inquisitor guides in german sacred forum:

Black hole to bundle - Polearm to finish Build

Perhaps you get some more ideas from it, you play console so you have no use of alchemy, but this would free a skill for nether lore which the above build doesn't have.

Thanks for your help, I read about this build already and it's really to bad alchemy is not a option on the 360 :( It brings quiet some boost to the class.

I love pole arm too but I don't know I use them often for my ranged Inquisitor as due to some bugs some (flying most often) creatures are almost impossible to hit. Pole arms in those case do pretty well as they benefit from my build high dex, and the range is... :)

Still I want to try something else, I'll create a character or two tonight to see if the int bonus looks properly applied on the 360 whether you wield one or two staffs, if yes I'll go with staves :)

(possibly dual wield for the flexibility).

By the way I know you have extensive knowledge of Sacred 2 (read quiet some of your posts and guides), do you know the answer to my last question (about how "xx lore" affects (or not) CAs secondary damages (related to mods)?

Thank for the help :)

EDIT

I missed you response :) So I've to invest more points in a "weapon skill". Thank

Edited by super-avianti

Damned I messed up while editing my spelling mistakes...

Double post.

EDIT

I played test the game yesterday and Int modifer seems properly applied :)

On the other hand being used to ranged weapon I'm not sure I'll enjoy running after my preys :(

I switch pretty fast to the first ranged weapon I found, I kill faster no matter the lower damages per hit, I don't have to run after critters or aggregate a mob to be effective. It's too bad that the Ice and wind staffs exploit is not available on console (actually it's a bit cheesy firing "bug-less" staffs would be good enough for me).

The whole thing makes me consider a ranged build once again. thing is I build a GI only (no other CAs used, level 70 gold as we speak) ranged Inquisitor and I know its shortcoming, it won't scale you have to use other aspects.

I considered improvement for my ranged build but no matter how I turn it I finish thinking that the most scalable has to use three aspects. I don't want, skill points are spread thin, I've access to more CAs than I can map to the pad => I end up with powerful CAs I don't use... For some reason I hate that idea :lol: spending point on thing you won't use.

Actually it's easier to come up with a pure caster focused exclusively on two aspects (AS/NN) than a meleer/ranged fighter. Anyway I haveto do an arbitration and stick to hit.

Both AS and NN on their own compliment a ranged fighter.

AS offer a great buff, all the CAs are "ranged" (no contact needed) and affect multiple targets. I can see a lot of synergy between AS and ranged fighter:

*LA affects and weakens a lot of enemies (more than three at a time via RM) as they rush toward you, it will compliment nice RM.

*RT too can be mod to affect and weaken multiple enemies, it also have a defensive value, pushing back opponents is perfect for ranged player who needs time to make up for lower damage output.

*CM let say it has a lot of strategic value :lol:

*If you keep it as a spell you can have an incredibly powerful ZD fighting along you (more than the caster ?).

On the other side, running two buffs is expansive and those two buffs offer no way to lower their impact on regen times => You become really depend on gear, CM becomes all too tempting as it takes down a lot on foes at once and your attacking (as well as defence actually) is low.

Overall GI is likely to become the support aspect for the build which is not bad per se but not what I would want.

NN The buff is less powerful but it's a bit of a default choice, it doesn't offer the protection and damage output of RP but that the only way you have to up your attack and defence values and lower your regen.

CAs compliment a lot less the ranged gameplay as AS CAs.

*DS requires contact which reduces a lot its usefulness for a ranged fighter (still great for boss/champion).

*IS is nice but as it locks down a single encounter for a while it also let you "defenceless" for ~10s. On the other hand minions collect aggro offering "protection" for a build not good at handling big mobs.

*ED can add some Area of Effect damages which a build focusing on GI/NN would miss otherwise. It can heal the caster. But it's tricky to use (on console) and I don't expect it to offer much as far as damage output is concern.

*PD (is buggy on console so has to be used carefully) has a nice synergy with the build and FF.

Whereas it won't take down a mob like CM is offers a defence against it, it lower its damages output (they will attack less often). You would want to mod it to instil ear to your opponent, they'll fly away from you but as your a ranged warrior... not fast enough :).

Shortly in combo with FF, it's useful in many way.

Overall, the damage output should be lower than a GI/AS build but the build should do better against potent single target. The NN will benefit to a way lower extend of the benefit of the PC purge mod (LA and RP with the mod "Sphere" seem to benefit a lot from it). Offence is the best defence NN won't let you kill mobs as well the CAs of the AS aspect (CM especially) but it still covers some aspects/weakness.

More importantly (for me not in absolute) it doesn't out-shine the GI aspect while taking away the gameplay I pursue. I could also say that Chattius is right (not surprising :lol: ) once you start using the dark side of the force extensively the AS aspect, it makes more sense to use all three aspects and to give up as well on the ranged weapons.

So I think I'll settle for GI/NN as well as as giving up on melee (which by the way makes the title of this very thread obsolete... :lol: ).

Edited by super-avianti

Ok this is how the new build could look:

Skills:

1) GI Focus (should be mastered 2nd priority).

2) NN Focus (should be mastered 2nd priority).

3) Armor Lore (should be mastered 3rd priority).

4) Tactic Lore (as high as you can while avoiding diminishing returns => at some point pump up CD).

5) NN Lore (as high as you can while avoiding diminishing returns => at some point pump up CD).

6) Ranged Weapons (spend just enough point to not incur a penalty).

7) Constitution (to be mastered @ lvl75 first priority).

8) Concentration (early on only Soul Reaver will be used, only 1 point till later level).

9) Combat discipline (idem only 1 point till later level).

10) Toughness or SR for survivability.

CAs:

NN: No change

GI:

RM: Deprivation/Dolor/Frenzy

MP: Loathing/Proclamation/Mortify

I just changed MP and mod it so it distracts mob from me. I'm not sure it works properly as with my ranged build and lvl38 MP (un mod) the designated target is rarely attacked by other critters. If the test fails... well it will be disgrace" instead of "loathing".

Edited by super-avianti

What kind of gear and smithing?

I like the idea of having multi sources of damage from the NN spells and the ranged attacks. Interesting :D

Ok this is how the new build could look:

Skills:

1) GI Focus (should be mastered 2nd priority).

2) NN Focus (should be mastered 2nd priority).

3) Armor Lore (should be mastered 3rd priority).

4) Tactic Lore (as high as you can while avoiding diminishing returns => at some point pump up CD).

5) NN Lore (as high as you can while avoiding diminishing returns => at some point pump up CD).

6) Ranged Weapons (spend just enough point to not incur a penalty).

7) Constitution (to be mastered @ lvl75 first priority).

8) Concentration (early on only Soul Reaver will be used, only 1 point till later level).

9) Combat discipline (idem only 1 point till later level).

10) Toughness or SR for survivability.

CAs:

NN: No change

GI:

RM: Deprivation/Dolor/Frenzy

MP: Loathing/Proclamation/Mortify

I just changed MP and mod it so it distracts mob from me. I'm not sure it works properly as with my ranged build and lvl38 MP (un mod) the designated target is rarely attacked by other critters. If the test fails... well it will be disgrace" instead of "loathing".

Edited by claudius

What kind of gear and smithing?

I like the idea of having multi sources of damage from the NN spells and the ranged attacks. Interesting :D

What kind of Gear and smithing? hum...

Whatever I found, I don't have proper shopper builds or means to share gears with other players. On top of playing on the 360 I don't want to pay for a gold account :5

I did extra testing with dual wield since my last post. I've to say that whereas it is less comfortable than shooting things in the distance it's more effective. There are multiple reasons:

* I realized than I should not care for staffs and the int modifier, using the best one handed weapons you can find wield better results.

* You have a lot more choice in regard to weapons while dual wielding whereas finding good ranged weapons is plainly tough.

* while dual wielding, CE does hit two times (by the way on 360 there's a bug with staffs too, it affects CE the second hit can hit critters that are out of range). Basically you pretty much CE everything whereas I tend to use RM a lot more with my ranged build.

Overall it's impossible for the ranged build to match the damage output of the DW one. Actually it may not be true for the average damage output as you don't have to run after your preys but I still find the build less effective against mobs. On the other hand I feel like the ranged build levels a bit faster :)

The ranged build faces another disadvantage: being ranged limit the use of "dislodged spirit" as you may want to avoid contact.

Anyway I think the build should workable using either ranged weapons or Dual wielding as long as you adapt your tactic and the mod (and their ordering).

With my test character (@lvl25 now) thus a DW build SR aside I don't have to rely on the NN aspect, I pretty much CE everything. One should act different with a ranged build.

Whether I choose ranged or melee, later on I'm to use mostly the same combo and tactic. There are two distinct set of combo I plan to use depending on "mood".

One that I would call "Army raiser"

1)CE+IS on weak critters

3)MP+CE+IS on tougher critters

3)MP+CE+DS+IS on toughest critters

The other would be "corpse explosion"

1)CE+ED on weak critters

3)MP+CE+ED on tougher critters

3)MP+DS+CE+ED on toughest critters

The fourth slot should be FF+PD in both cases.

So due to his lower damage output the ranged build may end more of a army raiser than the melee one, he is likely to need more the extra damage output minions provide and more importantly as it takes down opponents slower minion getting some aggro should help his survivability.

I've a more refined take on the mod I should take now and in which order:

GI aspect

CE: Bleed/Lacerate/Judgement.

RM: no mod or mod last.

MP: Loathing/Proclamation/Mortify.

FF: Faith/resolve/relentless.

PC: Mystic/Eradicate/Hallow or Irune (I'm undecided).

we won't use PC early in the character life so, I would take "loathing"(MP) first. It will make MP+CE combo more effective against "tough" critters early on (especially on PC where you have way better control of the critter you engage than on console). Lowering armor should boost damages higher than what the first CE mods offer.

Then I would take two mods for FF so till "resolve" as it will help a lot in situation where SR is no use to boost your attack value.

Then I would completely mod PC.

Then CE completely too.

And lastly I would finish to mod MP and FF.

That for the melee build, for the ranged one I would mod, RM first as deprivation is pretty convenient, the slower critters come to you the more hit they receive :)

NN aspect

I've more doubts here

DS: gelidy/torture/wildfire

IS: Brunt/Menace/probation for ranged build and Reclaim for the melee one?

PD: :)/Decrepit/extension Should I go with lower resistances or attack value? Right now I'm considering Panic. But advices would be welcome

ED: Restore/optional/optional I'm sure of first one, as ED has low regen time it will be easy to match its regen time with CE and MP =>10% healed :) Actually the damages are pretty low and the others mods are not that relevant. If I end up with enough mod points I may mod it for "max" damages (violence/plague).

SR: I wonder about giving up on the sealot mods :)

I test my lvl69 ranged Inquisitor running SR (@level 1 with no mod) I didn't have much problem keeping the buff fed.

I can't pass on source as it's my only mean to offset some of the cost of running two high level buffs simultaneously. The loss in attack and defence may be covered by a more extensive use of PD+FF (which I notice I often forget to use...).

So I'm wondering between:

Death magic/Source/soul Imbiber for both builds

Death magic/source/zealot for the melee build

zealot/source/soul imbiber for the ranged build.

In regard to regen time you might want to match regen time of IS/ED/DS with CE and MP ones (so eat less runes in NN than in GI). For the ranged build DS will be used a lot less so maximizing DS damages is an option :)

------------------------------

Other than that I gave up on pumping Int for the build. Attributes points should be dispatched according to the builds goals.

*100% vitality for a HC build would make sense.

* Vitality/willpower for a HC build playing Ice and Blood could make sense too.

*Vitality/Stamina for convenience, as you'll end with less dependants on gear for regen time (<= I may go that route).

Edited by super-avianti

Enjoyable read, Super-Avianti! I always DW my Inqs, so it's good to see some reasoning for the ranged version(s).

Just a couple of things I noticed, which you may or may not have considered...

Soul Reaver is quite hard to keep "active" for bossfights... even when you get some mobs to follow you so you can reset the soul lifespan, in the lower levels SR will just run out on you, typically 1/2 - 3/4 of the way thru the bossfight, and all of a sudden you cannot hit him, and he hits you (a lot) more often.

The gold mod "wildfire" for Dislodged Spirit I always found underwhelming. Primarily because it is an ice-damage spell, whereas with the Inquisitor, we typically focus on magic or physical, so there is some anti-synergy there. Chattius has suggested the regeneration mod instead, as it will regen 5% + 5%per CA level (so, 10% @ level 1, and 100% of all regeneration times (NOT COOLDOWN! at level 19 DS) I have not been back to the Inquisitor since he posted that, so I have not tested on consoles. But if that is true, then a super-high level Mortifying Pillory could do very serious debuffing, and no need to balance regen time after you get DS up to level 19 (reasonably by char. level 40-50).

Your "army" combos have IS last in the combos, but as consolers, we can put it first (or 2nd or 3rd) where it is a lot "better" IMO.

Some food for thought?

Enjoyable read, Super-Avianti! I always DW my Inqs, so it's good to see some reasoning for the ranged version(s).

Thanks, I try hard even though logic should have pushed me to build a Dryad :lol:

Just a couple of things I noticed, which you may or may not have considered...

Soul Reaver is quite hard to keep "active" for bossfights... even when you get some mobs to follow you so you can reset the soul lifespan, in the lower levels SR will just run out on you, typically 1/2 - 3/4 of the way thru the bossfight, and all of a sudden you cannot hit him, and he hits you (a lot) more often.

I'm not sure if you say that "in absolute" of in regard to my concerns about the zealot mods?

I don't plan to run SR in Boss fight where the boss is not surrounded by minions. For boss fight my plan was to really more heavily on the NN aspect to boost my damages.

The gold mod "wildfire" for Dislodged Spirit I always found underwhelming. Primarily because it is an ice-damage spell, whereas with the Inquisitor, we typically focus on magic or physical, so there is some anti-synergy there. Chattius has suggested the regeneration mod instead, as it will regen 5% + 5%per CA level (so, 10% @ level 1, and 100% of all regeneration times (NOT COOLDOWN! at level 19 DS) I have not been back to the Inquisitor since he posted that, so I have not tested on consoles. But if that is true, then a super-high level Mortifying Pillory could do very serious debuffing, and no need to balance regen time after you get DS up to level 19 (reasonably by char. level 40-50).

That's a quiet serious statement, are you saying that console and PC are different in regard to the wildfire mod? I (plan to) choose those mods after reading the guide "corpse explosion necro caster". The author states that wildfire mod description is broken and instead it adds meaty (really meaty according to his measurement) physical damages.

doubted my eyes at first, but after conducting a test using 2 different hacked level 200 Inquisitors (no equipment & jewelry worn, no attributes allocated, no SB difference), both using gelidity and torture as their bronze & silver mods, but using different gold mods, the damage gap was enormous on their base damages. On another test, I geared 2 different level 200 Inquisitors with ~+90 all skills & Combat Arts, ~+200ish% (x type of damage), then put used an elemental modifier on the equipped weapon to fit the equipped damage type % boni. The result:

Dislodged Spirit - gelidity > torture > wildfire - - - nets about ~50k+ damage

Dislodged Spirit - spite > deprivation > stimulate - - - nets about 6-7k damage

Advantages: damage is great, you'll never have a problem taking down a boss, even at early game. Killing speed is phenomenal. Outside of boss fights, use this in a combo "IS + DS" touch anything you see and 2 seconds later = instant meat shield.

Disadvantages: its a touch skill, so you'll be living like a :viking: during boss fights, which puts you in immediate danger in higher difficulties (dealing with this problem will be discussed further along the guide).

I'm indeed not interested in the mod if it works properly especially if I go ranged. As a ranged fighter I will rely on DS a lot less, actually mostly for really tough champions and bosses, so I don't plan to match its duration with other CAs (vs what I would do with a melee build) I planned to maximized its damages. If console version differs in this regard I've to change my plan.

In regard to the "stimulate" mod, it works on console? On the wiki page they state that the mod might be broken.

Overall, I planned to use DS for damages but if you confirm me the differences between PC and Console I might maximize its use as a debuff (ie spite/deprivation/stimulate <= if it works that's it).

Your "army" combos have IS last in the combos, but as consolers, we can put it first (or 2nd or 3rd) where it is a lot "better" IMO.

Interesting what you say is that if I put IS early on console I'll still execute the other CAs in the combo before IS is "done"? If that's so thanks for the advice, the sooner one critters is incapacitated the better :)

Some food for thought?

Indeed I'm happy I didn't start the build and that's I'm still testing, thanks a lot :)

I'll wait for your response or test DS mod for my self (even if I mod it first it still can be "long").

Ok sorry if I post a lot. I tested yesterday night the various mod for DS on the 360 so here are the results:

On the 360 the wildfire mod seems do what he should as you suggested Essjayehm. The stimulate mod seems to work too. So I got to change my mod selection for DS from max damages to max debuffing. I owe you quiet some thanks Essjayehm, level a character takes time I would have been piffed off to realize only too late that I didn't have the right information to begin with.

I also test IS and it works as you implied too :) ie the Inquisitor doesn't wait till the end of IS to finish the combo => the critter is helpless during the combo execution which is cool :) .

I'm more iffy about the "loathing" mod for MP (lowering armor value). Some extra testing is too come about that (I plan to fight the "chief gobelin/ogre" and see if damages and see how damages compare between CE and CE after MP basically). After that hopefully I should be done and make the final decision between ranged or melee.

Glad to help, Super-Avianti!

Hehe... I had to do more testing, too. I ran an Inquisitor up to level 20 to test that Dislodged Spirit mod - and it does not work as Chattius suggested in his "builds you would like to see" thread (and I repeated here in this thread) 5%+5%per level ie 10%@1, 100%@19:

The regen time reduction is an absolute value, not a % one. At char level 12, I had DS level 4, and it was regenerating about 1/4 of itself (which was "true" to the Chattius' calc). I forgot about it for some time to gain levels (to raise HCALWP) and I re-tried at char level 18. I ate some runes up to my max level without penalty (with 9 points in focus) so DS was level 11 and it should regen 65% of itself, if the theory was true. Unfortunately, it was still only regen. about 25% of its' 35.2 second regen time. So then I calc. an absolute value (~8.8s, 1/4 of 35.2) and that was perfectly in accordance with my Clustering Maelstrom regen (it was 9.2s). I cast CM, then DS and my CM was almost fully recharged.

Anyway, I won't derail your thread too much, but I do need some more testing to see if I can figure an "easy" way to describe that CA mod in terms of seconds.

Thanks again, by the way really interesting thread in regard to DS :)

So Chattius thinks it's a bug. Still I think it's still worse it, 25% @level 11 isn't shabby for a class that has no mean to lower its regen time :)

Callous Execution would like to have a word with you: Tenacity (bronze mod) ;)

But if you mean pure-caster, then it is an option for RpH...

I think I'll take Tenacity, I played another Inquisitor of mine and let say that it's convenient :)

IN regard to the stimulate mod I don't really get the result of your thread. 5%+5% per CAs is not applied but the 0.5% + 0.5% doesn't seem to match your result (ie 25% reduction in regen time).

Another thing I don't get is does the "torture mod is any good in this regard? your result 0.7 +0.01 per CAs makes it sound that it make actually thing worse.

Thanks for your help :)

I do like the Tenacity mod over the other mod (open wounds, IIRC) as well.

I cannot say too much more about that DS mod... The results are confusing, and I am not too bad (math-wise) when the effects stack in a linear fasion, but when diminishing returns factors are applied, I get lost easily. Add to the fact that soooooo much stuff on the console does not work properly, it's not worth the time/effort/frustration of trying to derive formulas... or in this case "what is the real value". So I have given up on figuring out exactly what happens with that stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Well would have been better if the game were still supported :(

Anyway that was a good try, it at least show that the CA still has some effect at least :)

More on topic I've push two test characters (the one I was experimenting on and an old ranged Inquisitor build) till lvl30 and came up with some conclusions (some might be obvious to more seasoned players). Various thoughts:

*Both builds are different, the melee one relies more heavily on CE whereas RM is the ranged one best friend.

*I previously said that the melee one lead in regard to damage (due to CE hitting twice).

I would be a bit more measured now. Due to a bug on the 360 while meleeing the Inquisitor often does a standard attack before the CA. This makes a combo using CE and RM together bothersome (too long imho so actually CE alone is better) whereas on a ranged build it's workable and the damages comes close ( or can exceed them depending on the situation: hitting other critters or the target actually taking hits intended to another(s )target(s)). Another thing I tried the Frenzy mod for RM and it's a real nice addition to RM damages, the double hit triggers quiet often, once I chose this mod I started using the CE/RM combo less often actually shifting to RM alone.

* In regard to "army rising" the melee build is more efficient (at least early on before CD is accessible) a DS+CE combo does often enough damages to take down an opponent quickly making it an instant minion maker. Not that much with the ranged build, to match the effect the ranged build combo should be DS+MP+CE (<= so CD is needed). In any case for both build one would have to mind about to collect souls to feed SR before creating minions, SR is your main defence early on.

* With one build I choose concentration I'm not convinced by PC effectiveness (at least early on). In standard situation once SR is fed properly is usefulness is greatly reduced. So I ended not using it for the sake of lower regen time. I fought the Gar colossus with both build, I turned off SR and PC on (actually I died once with the melee build, was way easier with the ranged one), I'm not sure that alone it will enough latter against bosses. So I'm now more iffy about my choices for the build in regard to buffs more to come on that matter.

* I'm not convinced by the NN aspect either in regard to damages overall I'm also questioning my choice in regard to the NN Lore skill.

* For both builds socket SR runes, the combo offered by SR high defence and life leech is great (I guess other found out before me but still it's great).

Conclusions:

- I'm not convinced by the NN aspect for damages, I will give up on NN Lore

- PC has a nice emphasis with (magic( damages but that's not enough to make up for SR being useless in boss fights. Got to use another buff.

- The ranged build is more workable than I thought based on my previous characters, still will suffer from the lesser number of available sockets.

- May be a crazy idea but I think that I can go using only one buff at a time and pass on concentration all together.

So I've come with a new build :)

It will be another ranged one, it will indeed use all three aspects, GI will be the main damaging aspect whereas AS and NN will be used for Buffs/de-buffs. I may used all three buffs but only one at a time depending on the situation.

Here the new skills selection:

GI focus (level 75)

NN focus (level 75)

Tactic lore (+level 75 and more)

Armor lore (level 75)

Ranged lore (+level 75 and more)

AS focus (level 75)

Combat discipline (level 75)

Toughness (level 75)

Constitution (level 75)

Open choice (level 75) (either concentration, SR or CR)

The difference with the previous build is that I will be limited in the number of CAs I can mod in the NN aspect. The same is true for the AS aspect. Spending 70 skills points will grant me 9 mod points in both aspects I've to choose carefully which CAs to mod. I've take no lore skill in either aspects, CD won't be enough to make maximizing damages a proper approach, I'll focus on buffing and de-buffing mods.

NN aspect:

*SR Zealot/Source/Open (will choose later on between Zealot or Soul Imbiber).

*PD Despair/Decrepit/Extension.

*DS Spite/Deprivation/Stimulate.

AS aspect:

*LA Disperse/Paralyse: basically set as an escape solution or to make some room between you and critters/bosses.

*RT Bedaze/Relay: a bit of the same idea, put enemies away possibly stun them... Great in combo with LA the more time it takes for enemies to reach the more hits they suffer.

*ZD Intensive/Equal/Determination => cheap boost for boss fights (or tough fights). I may lock the boss with IS and let the ZD hurts him...

*RP Rebound/Counter-blow => for boss fights too.

I'm confident that the build will have more means to use while in tough spots. Using RP should yield better results in boss fight than the use of PC. It seems to me that RP grants both higher defensive and offensive power than PC. Regen penalty for a high level RP is high I expect DS (with stimulate mod) to make things a bit better. I could socket some RP runes but it would be at the expanse of life leech per hit which by pass resistances.

I made some change to to GI aspect too.

PC: Purge/Eradicate/Irune I'll mod last as I don't plan to use it much.

CE: Tenacity/Startle/Judgement

RM: Deprivation/Petrify/Frenzy

MP: Disgrace/Proclamation/Mortify

FF: Faith/Resolve/relentless

Considering CE and RM as well as RT I set for my-self more opportunity to disable opponents. The character should have high chances to stun its opponents (I dunno how the stunning effect is resist at high level). LA gives a neat opportunity to significantly outrun opponents if needed (surround by too many critters with SR uncharged or a boss).

A side effect as PC is not critical to the build, I'm not "stuck" to magic damages modifiers (or let thinking it not optimal for the build), I can adapt to encounters and regions while feeling like my choice is optimal (disclaimer this is pure rhetorical BS :lol: ).

Edited by super-avianti

I had tried out a Ranged Inquisitor as well, and one thing you mentioned just drove me batty:

RM hits only 1 guy if he's right in front of you. Not so bad when it's a champion or elite badguy, but a normal mob soaking up all 3 shots nearly had me throwing the controller thru the TV. Raving Thrust works OK, but at times, the mobs that are moving/trying to surround you fill in teh gap left by a RT, and RM still triple-shots a normal mob. :cha (18):

Are you finding Paralyzing Dread buggy? IIRC, it is bugged on console, so I have always stayed far, far away from it.

Skipping Concentration is not crazy at all. SR for mobs and RP for bosses is :thumbsup: Although a ranged build can use enraged with less fear than melee ones, 3-aspect builds ask a lot of your skill choices, and something's gotta go.

Oops.. you do have 1 open spot left :) My suggestion is Bargaining... but if you have the equips/access to trade then it's not necessary. Concentration would be my #2 pick... you can run RP full-time, and switch from SR to PC at bosses.

Good luck with your new build!

I had tried out a Ranged Inquisitor as well, and one thing you mentioned just drove me batty:

RM hits only 1 guy if he's right in front of you. Not so bad when it's a champion or elite badguy, but a normal mob soaking up all 3 shots nearly had me throwing the controller thru the TV. Raving Thrust works OK, but at times, the mobs that are moving/trying to surround you fill in the gap left by a RT, and RM still triple-shots a normal mob. :cha (18):

Well that's a limitation of ranged inquisitors as none of their CAs mods offer "pierce" property (vs a dryad for example) stil it's not that bad weapons have pretty wide "spread". When enemies are stuck to you pretty often they are hit properly even if it means that the bullets are spread on a ~180° arc (it's more obvious when using pistols/energy weapons) the problem is with enemies charging you. In this case I find some weapon better dagger/shuriken most likely due to the parabolic "path" they use. But yes sometime it hurts as you slow down only one critter which make later positioning a bit more complex (that also why I mod LA the way I did in tough spots LA will slow down plenty of enemies and slow them down a lot which make easier to move in a position where you make sure RM hit multiple critters at a time).

May be some could find it bother some but I like to move may character in more strategic spots, to me it's a nice addition to the gameplay and one of the single plus of the console versions of the game, movements and actions are separated as far as inputs are concerned (I'm not doing it all the time, it depends on situations/strength of the critters, SR level etc.). Having an army at hand also limit the issue ;)

Are you finding Paralyzing Dread buggy? IIRC, it is bugged on console, so I have always stayed far, far away from it.

Yes it is, I wear actually with one of my build Keilen boots which has "chance to repel enemies" property and I can see for time to time my Inquisitor slide :lol: Wiki is accurate in this regard. Overall I tend to use gear with properties that affect me so the issue is minimal but I'm aware of the problem... a sad problem as this combat art is pretty powerful.

Skipping Concentration is not crazy at all. SR for mobs and RP for bosses is :thumbsup: Although a ranged build can use enraged with less fear than melee ones, 3-aspect builds ask a lot of your skill choices, and something's gotta go.

That's reassuring to hear :)

Oops.. you do have 1 open spot left :) My suggestion is Bargaining... but if you have the equips/access to trade then it's not necessary. Concentration would be my #2 pick... you can run RP full-time, and switch from SR to PC at bosses.

Good luck with your new build!

I never tried bargaining but may be I should as I usually don't shop (just sell stuffs) as the gear I find is consistently better than what they offer to me.

As a note I played my test ranged inquisitor yesterday and had fun with PC buffs too. I made some changes to the rings I was wearing to improve my attack rating and raised some pretty cool armies of minions, they are more effective killers than I thought :)

With this character PC is still un-modded and it actually didn't add much to the damages. I think that for a "army raiser" type of gameplay RP would do even better. I start to wonder if to give my build another option I should consider taking the mod exploit. Food for thought and tough arbitration as it means that I've to give away some other mods, LA and RT both need two mods to be effective, passing on the third ZD mod would almost void ZD usefulness in boss fights. I also have implications on the NN aspect but it's easier here as I could pass on buggy Paralysing Dread and mod IS. Hum... that's not my original plan but I was surprised by my minions effectiveness yesterday night. May be it's a fake impression but it looks like minions tend to focus on the same target as you which conveniently makes IS a lot more useful and efficient.

I'm getting psycho about this build, it's possibly my last attempt to build a potent character, I feel like I need to do it to be done (at least for a while) with the game. With the "exploit" mod damage mitigation can sky rocket pretty fast as well as survivability... Let say I'm sold.

NN aspect:

*SR Zealot/Source/Soul Imbiber.

*IS Brunt/Menace/Probation.

AS aspect:

RT Bedaze/Relay/Tumble

ZD Intensive/Equal/Determination

RP Rebound/Counter-blow/Exploit

This was a bit tougher, I didn't want to give up on the ZD boost in boss fight and RT mod looked better to me as far a disabling is concerned.

As a side note I wonder about modding PC for max damages (ie Hallow instead of Irune) :evil:

Well that's a limitation of ranged inquisitors as none of their CAs mods offer "pierce" property (vs a dryad for example)

And you can get chance to pierce with Ranged Weapons skill... I still cringe at the "chance" part of that description.

May be some could find it bother some but I like to move may character in more strategic spots, to me it's a nice addition to the gameplay and one of the single plus of the console versions of the game, movements and actions are separated as far as inputs are concerned (I'm not doing it all the time, it depends on situations/strength of the critters, SR level etc.). Having an army at hand also limit the issue ;)

Perfect point, just not my style;)

Yes it is, I wear actually with one of my build Keilen boots which has "chance to repel enemies" property and I can see for time to time my Inquisitor slide :lol: Wiki is accurate in this regard. Overall I tend to use gear with properties that affect me so the issue is minimal but I'm aware of the problem... a sad problem as this combat art is pretty powerful.

Yeah.. .my first experience with this bug was dualing Orc Shocks... I smile now but at the time I was like...I have 1HP, Holy Hannah! :cha (18):

I never tried bargaining but may be I should as I usually don't shop (just sell stuffs) as the gear I find is consistently better than what they offer to me.

IMO, you can find equipment in the shops that is "better" than the uniques or set items. The power of the sets comes with completion boni (ie 3, 5, 7 or 8 - piece bonuses). It's just that bargaining demands some attention - skill points, shopping suit, etc; which can be too much for some. Lately, I have been taking B as a 1-point skill, I use a second profile (with Niob access) to shop strictly in Niob (starting at level 2!), so it isn't that hard to find cheap relics/equip for a shopping suit, and I can have $ leftover for the adventuring suit and buff suit.

As a note I played my test ranged inquisitor yesterday and had fun with PC buffs too. I made some changes to the rings I was wearing to improve my attack rating and raised some pretty cool armies of minions, they are more effective killers than I thought :)

With this character PC is still un-modded and it actually didn't add much to the damages. I think that for a "army raiser" type of gameplay RP would do even better. I start to wonder if to give my build another option I should consider taking the mod exploit.

RP with exploit on an army-raiser has just one description - insane. Add some "invulnerable" companions and it makes you wonder why you have those "useless" defensive skills. :P

Food for thought and tough arbitration as it means that I've to give away some other mods, LA and RT both need two mods to be effective, passing on the third ZD mod would almost void ZD usefulness in boss fights. I also have implications on the NN aspect but it's easier here as I could pass on buggy Paralysing Dread and mod IS. Hum... that's not my original plan but I was surprised by my minions effectiveness yesterday night. May be it's a fake impression but it looks like minions tend to focus on the same target as you which conveniently makes IS a lot more useful and efficient.

I'm getting psycho about this build, it's possibly my last attempt to build a potent character, I feel like I need to do it to be done (at least for a while) with the game. With the "exploit" mod damage mitigation can sky rocket pretty fast as well as survivability... Let say I'm sold.

NN aspect:

*SR Zealot/Source/Soul Imbiber.

*IS Brunt/Menace/Probation.

AS aspect:

RT Bedaze/Relay/Tumble

ZD Intensive/Equal/Determination

RP Rebound/Counter-blow/Exploit

This was a bit tougher, I didn't want to give up on the ZD boost in boss fight and RT mod looked better to me as far a disabling is concerned.

As a side note I wonder about modding PC for max damages (ie Hallow instead of Irune) :evil:

Well, it looks like you have things figured out for now, re: your sidenote about PC, I have to say that mitigation is harder to find than damage... :)

Good luck, and have fun!

Well, it looks like you have things figured out for now, re: your side note about PC, I have to say that mitigation is harder to find than damage... :)

Good luck, and have fun!

First thanks again to be so willing to help :) Your notes are useful. I'm mostly done right :)

I couldn't help my self but to play my test characters again yesterday evening, both the melee and the ranged one. So I managed to try various AS mod for the CAs I was considering before I messed and did something something that triggered a save... Anyway I tried most of the things I wanted mostly RT and RP mods and it was a wise thing to do.

About Raving Trust: I'm not happy at all with it mostly about the Relay mod, the cone is to narrow to be relevant enough for the use I intended to have for the CA. May be I should try with more runes but if wiki is accurate, it won't change much. I give up on the CA altogether, CM might very well be a better mean to make some room around you when it's needed even not modded (either by killing those already weaken or by attracting them away).

About Reverse Polarity and the Exploit mod: I tried it with my melee test character for which IS is not modded and lower level than for my ranged build so my first impression might be wrong/biased. Using my melee character I was closer to the critters, my minions did not benefit from the "menace" mod thus I got plenty of aggro. Point is the mod make my minions die too fast, it could be better with my range character but it toned down my enthusiasm a bit. I discovered that minions are a blessing in many way, they take aggro away from me and let me do the most out of my offensive CAs, making champions into minions is great, their killing speed is neat :)

So... with proper mod I may get less aggro, being ranged be further from the "real fight" so the Exploit mod could only help in tough situation. But this relies on a bit to much of a tale:

I will be surrounded by critters, incapacitated in some ways (stunned /whatever):

-minions still get a lot of aggro + take their share of my damages.

-I might be surrounded/stunned with few minions as 1 to back me up.

-Once my minions have gone down for my sake (they go down eventually anyway but...), my offensive power is greatly diminished, I'm still surrounded and my defence till later level won't be great (low level RP).

What I'm trying to figure out is that I've to be responsible for my defence either through SR, PC(+Irune) or RP. Till later level I wonder if as you state irune (10% mitigation for PC @ lvl1) is a better choice. The result is reproducible, whatever hit you spells, weapons, fists, 10% of the damages are cut off, whatever hit make them suffer more. Later on with high damages reflection :)

So I'll wait later lvls to complete RP modding.

So for AS aspect I've 3 mod point in the air. I think I'll mod LA till Paralyse and use my last mod point to get the life leech modification.

-----------------------------

Overall thanks to all those tests (and plenty of advices :) )I get a better grip about the priorities for skills and mods as well as play style. I will start the build soon may be tonight if it successful enough I may post something more synthetic in the build section of the forum as I've seen very few ranged Inquisitor build. I think now that minions can be the key to make the ranged Inquisitor an attractive alternative. I will see while playing the proper build but I fee like it's the only way for a ranged Inquisitor to match come close to other type of Inquisitor. Minions are still pretty random in their action, get a lot of aggro only a ranged build can properly "support" them using RM as you don't spend your time running after them. In those situation even if RM shoot three bullet at max it recharges pretty fast your CAs which that you can IS a "softened" victim whenever you want. It's an interesting gameplay.

I'm not to play in HC with this build as you high-lighted I lack a shopper to risk the adventure (or I may sacrifice one of my skill) and I don't want to invest the time to do so. Other than that I like the life leech property gained through socketing of NN runes, it's part of the build survivability but lock down quiet some sockets (+ few socket on ranged weapons vs other weapon types, even worse again dual wielding builds), I may change my mind on the matter W&S. I read awful things about Niob difficulty and I'm sure I'll die some times but my experience may push somebody with the proper infrastructure (I mean gears/shopper, etc.) to give the build a try who knows :)

Edited by super-avianti

First thanks again to be so willing to help :) Your notes are useful. I'm mostly done right :)

Definitely my pleasure!

About Raving Trust: I'm not happy at all with it mostly about the Relay mod, the cone is to narrow to be relevant enough for the use I intended to have for the CA. May be I should try with more runes but if wiki is accurate, it won't change much. I give up on the CA altogether, CM might very well be a better mean to make some room around you when it's needed even not modded (either by killing those already weaken or by attracting them away).

Yes... the RT relay mod does get a lot better in the later levels, but as you have said earlier, skill points/mod s are limited with a triple-aspect build. If all you are looking for is the breathing room aspect, then CM > RT. An added bonus to CM is that it will "distract" some enemies who were aggro on you, so that they stop attacking you and will just walk around aimlessly waiting to get skewered (or just stand idle). My opinion on CM is not to add the mods that expand the Area of Effect and use it on mid-size groups rather than go for teh "full-screen clear" that is possible with a fully modded CM. Mostly because huge effects like that will crash the game on me, and usually only when I haven't saved in a while :), er I mean :(. The only other advise I have with CM is that it REALLY fills your SR buff with souls. I mean solid white-type full!

What I'm trying to figure out is that I've to be responsible for my defence either through SR, PC(+Irune) or RP. Till later level I wonder if as you state irune (10% mitigation for PC @ lvl1) is a better choice. The result is reproducible, whatever hit you spells, weapons, fists, 10% of the damages are cut off, whatever hit make them suffer more. Later on with high damages reflection :)

So I'll wait later lvls to complete RP modding.

Modifying RP later on (say for Platinum onwards) is OK; although reflection is never bad, even if it's only 20-25%, if you're running SR it shouldn't be needed early. Note that you can leave conc. until you do have RP with at least the silver mod (cc reflect) as I feel the regen penalty is not worth it to reflect a few piddly projectiles in the early levels

So for AS aspect I've 3 mod point in the air. I think I'll mod LA till Paralyse and use my last mod point to get the life leech modification.

I think that the leech mod on LA is extremely sub-optimal. Put one mod on CM or get RP modded earlier. I haven't really played with it too much, but unless it is affected by AS Lore, the leech amounts are not very good.

I read awful things about Niob difficulty and I'm sure I'll die some times but my experience may push somebody with the proper infrastructure (I mean gears/shopper, etc.) to give the build a try who knows :)

Bah, Niob is not that big a deal if you have properly prepared your toon. If you are using buff-suits... casting buffs at 1/2 your char. level should be sufficient. Abuse the high-values of the console +allskills so that your Armour/Toughness/Constitution levels are pumped nicely and I would anticipate the only worries you can have is if you cannot maintain a big enough ghost army. That is why I suggested the "invulnerable companions" - good backup for your eploit mod :thumbsup:

Yes... the RT relay mod does get a lot better in the later levels, but as you have said earlier, skill points/mod s are limited with a triple-aspect build. If all you are looking for is the breathing room aspect, then CM > RT. An added bonus to CM is that it will "distract" some enemies who were aggro on you, so that they stop attacking you and will just walk around aimlessly waiting to get skewered (or just stand idle). My opinion on CM is not to add the mods that expand the Area of Effect and use it on mid-size groups rather than go for teh "full-screen clear" that is possible with a fully modded CM. Mostly because huge effects like that will crash the game on me, and usually only when I haven't saved in a while :), er I mean :(. The only other advise I have with CM is that it REALLY fills your SR buff with souls. I mean solid white-type full!

That's the "quiet" the plan, to say the truth I plan (not tested) in those cases to use LA and CM together (LA first) so slow them down a lot them move them away while I'm my self taking security measures. as for damages, I don't expect much but CD will help a bit.

Modifying RP later on (say for Platinum onwards) is OK; although reflection is never bad, even if it's only 20-25%, if you're running SR it shouldn't be needed early. Note that you can leave conc. until you do have RP with at least the silver mod (cc reflect) as I feel the regen penalty is not worth it to reflect a few piddly projectiles in the early levels

I'm still iffy about "Concentration" as I convinced my self to take "bargaining" as my first skill. Whatever happens to the build I could still use it as a shopper, I'm thinking about a way to mix the "greed" mod for ED with minimal impact (running only one buff at a time I may give up on the stimulate mod for DS).

I think that the leech mod on LA is extremely sub-optimal. Put one mod on CM or get RP modded earlier. I haven't really played with it too much, but unless it is affected by AS Lore, the leech amounts are not very good.

Point taken ;)

Bah, Niob is not that big a deal if you have properly prepared your toon. If you are using buff-suits... casting buffs at 1/2 your char. level should be sufficient. Abuse the high-values of the console +allskills so that your Armour/Toughness/Constitution levels are pumped nicely and I would anticipate the only worries you can have is if you cannot maintain a big enough ghost army. That is why I suggested the "invulnerable companions" - good backup for your eploit mod :thumbsup:

I would love to avoid "exploits" (not the mods) and be too gear dependant, but if I fail consistently I may change my mind ;)

I start my character tonight.

An update.

I started my character some days ago, I went for bargaining for my free skill and I keep it @ character level (level 18 now).

I've to say that so far I've mixed feeling about this choice. It indeed makes shopping worth it but it also makes early character life tougher. In comparison with my ranged test character (with more balanced skill points attribution) the character does less damages, the buff level is lower, armour level is lower, etc.

I get my hand on some +1 to all skills rings/amulets but it still doesn't make us the investment in bargaining skill. May be it's usual and I've to persevere it will pay later on (not that I've choice).

A thing that "scares" me a bit is that I plan to socket a lot of runes so I may not have that much room for others "socketables" (at least for a while in the character development).

I also died once stupidly... I tried to do the same as I did with my test character, rush to the desert using Thilissium "short cut" I got really nice gear this way without bargaining and pretty early in the character life. Basically I thought that SR was responsible for this (as when it was not fed properly I had to be really careful). I was wrong... I forgot about life leech... how dumb :(

As I could not socket SR runes (even socket it taxes regen time too heavily early on), I pass on socketing NN runes... bad call... real bad. You have no clue to measure in game how much life life leech really grants you but it's a meaty addition to survivability. Even with no that many runes you can reach or exceed the amount of life leech found on weapons found later on in the game and at higher difficulty levels. So an error but more my error than something wrong with the build.

To close the matter I hope bargaining will shine later on :)

Since I own Sacred 2 I played mostly Inkies, I start to wonder about the buffs. Depending on the mod you choose I fee like they don't "scale" that much (I put RP aside). What do I mean is that I start to wonder if it's worthwhile to read/socket more than a few runes for both SR and PC.

Getting more into the details (may be it was obvious to everybody but me...).

For GI, PC mostly pumps damages, if wiki is accurate from lvl1 to lvl2, you gain +5% to max damages and +4% to elemental damages (if you took hallow), whatever GI runes socketed will grant you +10% (for a bronze runes) and you face neither diminishing returns (even though you're limited by the number of sockets available to you character) neither regen penalties. If we consider mods that don't affects damages namely "Eradicate" and "Irune" they scale poorly/slowly which makes the sacrifice really tempting. So I'm fine tuning my socketing strategy :)

PC will be used only against boss or in not densely populated areas, we can't afford either regen penalties for CE/RM so the most valid runes to socket is FF or Pilori ones (early on).

For NN, SR scales better than PC, without any mod, soul duration improves as well as the bonus granted per soul.

Mods make the issue more complex than for PC:

Death magic scales properly

Zealot mods don't scale at all.

Source doesn't scale properly (as for irune/eradicate you rip most benefit when you take the mod even at level 1)

Recreation scales properly, still low but allow regen in combat really early.

soul imbiber doesn't scale at all.

I was not sure of my choice for SR last mod but it's clear now:I'll choose a second Zealot mod. It allows to make a lower level SR as efficient as a higher one without 2 mods as you have more souls "on the flight" the bonus to attack and defence can match those of a SR with fewer souls but whom grant better bonuses.

Socketing strategy: socket really few runes so the regen penalty is matched by the source regen bonus. The plan is during the character life to make SR mostly free.

Overall this pull me back to Chattius early comment" which socketing strategy". I realize that I mostly a newby in this regard no matter the amount of time I spent in Ancaria. With most my previous builds I mostly didn't socket stuffs, I even use blacksmith art on some set items... to discover that You can't remove blacksmith arts... :( so their usefulness now is limited.

I guess for this build my plan (a newbie plan thus) is to socket mostly runes, I wonder if it will get me somewhere and how bargaining usefulness is affected by this choice.

I also want really low regen time for CE and RM to the point where I could pass on regen per hit gears so the 5 slots available to Inky (4 ring + 1 amulet) armour pieces aside can be use to pump damages or defence.

Edited by super-avianti