Advices For A Melee Inquisitor

super-avianti

Well you can remove blacksmih arts. Sell item and rebuy him ;p

I owe you a drink :)

I've some piece of the ilgard and dreiden suits that I thought mostly lost to my other characters.

An extra answer to Chattius earlier post about gear/socket/etc.

By watching to the Inky set I would like to use at later level the Kuan set. plenty of socket and a bonus to both attack and defence that would allow the character to run PC all the time instead of SR. On top of it the "+x to all combat arts" bonus is cool.

Crap I died multiple times in the last days... I've been receiving my family during the last week and I happened to play really "casually" while discussing with family... Still it also happened to me three times not completely unexpectedly (I could have avoid if I had been more focus). Basically I die more than with my previous builds or tests characters. I guess it's once again a side effect of keeping Bargaining at the character level I run lower level buffs and my armour skill level is lower too. I could have avoid it as as I say but I think that I must do better with the build, SR is great but as I mod it when it's not "charged" enough the character is really fragile (low armour+ no damage mitigation...).

I've to make change to this buff to improve the build survivability (especially at early level when you have few skill points per level). I'm to give up on one Zealot mod and on the source mod. I'm crazy after so many advices to have re-roll my character, any way let I'm addicted to Ancaria :)

So for SR I'll settle on Zealot/ Recreation / Soul Imbiber.

As I was not that happy with the character, he would have been long gone if I had been playing in HC, I played tested a higher level Inquisitor of mine ( level 80). I was curious about the life leech property associated to NN runes and how it would scale later on. As usual no proper measurement were done but my feel is that it doesn't seem to scale that well / enough. A lot less useful than at earlier levels, it can't only get worse in platinum and then niob. So it made me more confident in changing my choice for SR.

On top of it I don't understand how life leech for "+ x life leech" works or what it means,

( %Life leech is more self explanatory). Does it means that x hit point are stolen per hit? it's affected by "tactic lore", right? Even though I made a quick calculation of what kind of value can be achieved though socketing, let say around ten runes => +100 hit points stolen per hit, with mastery in tactic lore you can expect around 200 hit points stolen per hit.

Anyway it's a non blocking matter runes can be removed and testing is possible at any stage of the character's life without re-roll :)

I'm also pretty sure right now is "broken" on console in regard to ranged damages. I tested my ranged high dex level-80 inky with some random melee weapon which damages are in the same league as my ranged weapons and damages are ways higher. Damages are ways higher and for crits damages it's even worse. Something is plainly wrong in this regard.

I'm still to experiment with the build to avoid to do more errors if I go with re-roll once again and it could make a good shopper for the future build :)

Edited by super-avianti

Crap I died multiple times in the last days... I've been receiving my family during the last week and I happened to play really "casually" while discussing with family... Still it also happened to me three times not completely unexpectedly (I could have avoid if I had been more focus). Basically I die more than with my previous builds or tests characters. I guess it's once again a side effect of keeping Bargaining at the character level I run lower level buffs and my armour skill level is lower too. I could have avoid it as as I say but I think that I must do better with the build, SR is great but as I mod it when it's not "charged" enough the character is really fragile (low armour+ no damage mitigation...).

This was always my biggest issue with SR. With no souls, it just wrecks your CA regen times while offering nothing in return. But one good Clustering Maelstrom and you're invincible, so it really is one buff you gotta use properly, and possibly base your whole build from.

I've to make change to this buff to improve the build survivability (especially at early level when you have few skill points per level). I'm to give up on one Zealot mod and on the source mod. I'm crazy after so many advices to have re-roll my character, any way let I'm addicted to Ancaria :)

So for SR I'll settle on Zealot/ Recreation / Soul Imbiber.

As I was not that happy with the character, he would have been long gone if I had been playing in HC, I played tested a higher level Inquisitor of mine ( level 80). I was curious about the life leech property associated to NN runes and how it would scale later on. As usual no proper measurement were done but my feel is that it doesn't seem to scale that well / enough. A lot less useful than at earlier levels, it can't only get worse in platinum and then niob. So it made me more confident in changing my choice for SR.

Hint: You get much better LL +x from rings than NN runes. At any level/difficulty.

On top of it I don't understand how life leech for "+ x life leech" works or what it means,

( %Life leech is more self explanatory). Does it means that x hit point are stolen per hit?

Yes. Enemy loses x HP and you gain x HP.

it's affected by "tactic lore", right? Even though I made a quick calculation of what kind of value can be achieved though socketing, let say around ten runes => +100 hit points stolen per hit, with mastery in tactic lore you can expect around 200 hit points stolen per hit.

I am pretty confident that (generally speaking) LL +x is not boosted by Tactics. I believe it does when chosen as a CA mod (I.e. vampire gold mod on shadow warrior's Frenzied Rampage) but not as a socketable/equipment mod. I could be wrong. Heck, it could even suffer from the same issues as LL%. I am sure the healing part works fine (HP bar goes up), but I've never seen a damage indication on-screen when using it. And I use it almost with every melee toon, just to keep track of CtH.

Anyway it's a non blocking matter runes can be removed and testing is possible at any stage of the character's life without re-roll :)

I'm also pretty sure right now is "broken" on console in regard to ranged damages. I tested my ranged high dex level-80 inky with some random melee weapon which damages are in the same league as my ranged weapons and damages are ways higher. Damages are ways higher and for crits damages it's even worse. Something is plainly wrong in this regard.

Maybe. Strength boosts damage much "better" than Dex (or Int). Random melee weapon? I would try a shortsword / dagger with base dmg = ranged weap for proper testing of that theory ;)

I'm still to experiment with the build to avoid to do more errors if I go with re-roll once again and it could make a good shopper for the future build :)

I've test with the kind of pole arm that relies on dex as the damages modifier, I'll check properly as the modifier (+xx to damages) varies not only with the dex rating but the weapon.

I guess my best bet is too try with FECAL MATTERY! weapons say a FECAL MATTERY! dagger vs a FECAL MATTERY! throwing dagger. In case the difference is really great (with a pole arm I can land some 10.000 whereas with any of the ranged weapons in my possession I can't pass 4.000).

Depending on the result I may have to give up on ranged weapons, while playing my level 80 character I realize that nothing can make up for such a delta in damage out put (it shows a lot less at lower level and I can't imagine how much more it shows at <100 level...), ranged is great for bosses as it keep you out of trouble but bosses are a tiny part of scared 2 world.

Other than that I'll keep an eye on rings and amulets with some LL property :)

Hum... it's embarrassing , I'm as undecided as a person as possible... :lol:

I further test the "damages" issue I was describing ealier and I might have been wrong or the effect is less pronounced than I though. Actually the "spike" in damages was due to some "deathblow property" in a melee weapon I used. Anyway I still think that something is strange but to a lesser extend. As I was further test trying build I went back to my melee GI/NN. I will start him again :)

I may keep both character as I can't blend in Bargaining for this new build.

here's the skills choice.

1 dual wield

2 GI focus

3 NN focus

4 Armor lore

5 combat discipline

6 concentration

7 constitution

8 Tactic lore

9 NN lore lore

10 Toughness

I've settled for concentration as I indeed want to run both SR and PC. I read some comment saying that there is no "synergy" between them but I think otherwise. I'm to make "odd choices" for SR mod. Actually I don't like the "fake security" provided SR, Zealot mods only make the illusion longer. As an Inky we have few way to pump our defences against CAs and spells I want as much way to restore my health as possible now.

I like simple build, this one will be, it will be a high damages army raiser.

Being more simple I've a better idea about the priority for the build in regard to mod.

GI Aspect:

=> modding PC is the priority, it's pretty different from the ranged build as CE will be use all the time and is pretty good by default. I would say the same about pilori. I won't use RM.

I don't want to be skill points starved so I've to make choices so I get most of the early mods (those you get for cheap). Mystic/Eradicate/Hallow (mostly because I never did a Hallow build :) ).

As I state CE and MP are good on their own, I can improve their efficiency through the NN aspect (locking property of IS, debuff of DS), So I'll fully mod FF next: faith/resolve/relentless. I'm not to really on SR early on I'll need the attack boost asap.

NN Aspect:

First priority => IS making minions doesn't provide you with soul and I'm to create minions :)

I'll create a lot of minions 1 I want better survivability, here my mod selection:

Brunt/Menace/Reclaim <= I'll create a lot of minions, my defence as an Ink is not great, I need as much health as possible.

Second priority SR: Death magic / source / soul imbiber. I'll use SR to pump attack and defence but to a lesser extend than its usual use, it will pump my damages, restore my health. When I'm facing many opponent the duration will be enough, when roaming in less dense area I should have no problem killing lonesome encounter (IS then a mix of CE, MP or DS => lonesome encounters is soon turned into dead meat).

I guess DS should come next but that not a priority.

I postpone the selection of a "lores" (tactic or NN) as I want early to be able to do three CAs combo, being able to add whatever CAs to my basic IS+CE combo will do more good than pumping their damages in insulation. On top of it CD pump damages :)

Early on I'll rely on PC than SR, I'll get hurt but I've made it so I should be able to regain health way before I reach Constitution mastery and without locking socket with LL items. SR will come as an icing on the cake.

For some reason I feel way more confident in this build success than my early attempts, I just feel like it will work (till my- next post lolz).

I'm a great inquisitor, I've no espect for my ennemies, I make them suffer in this world and they should find no peace in the netherworld. They are all binded to me the living.. and the deads :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

blabla posting a lot... :)

I feel like I've to, people have been helping and I see too many threads where people ask questions or advices but don't give others returns in regard to the choices they made. So I'll keep updating the thread till I'm done with the build.

I'm still testing a bit playing all of my Inky builds. I'm getting closer to something more efficient in regard to skill ordering. I'm still considering bargaining vs concentration as PC really pump damages how does high level jewelry compares? I'm missing experience but PC bonus to damages is really meaty (hallow or not).

I'm also fine tuning my choice for mods (the ordering too). I feel like something powerful can be achieved it's even truer for PC player who can safely use PD.

I'm to test more +% to spell intensity item to see how it affects my NN damages.

I'm also considering various strategies for the build. NN offer a lot of CAs that heal you namely IS, ED and SR. ED and SR works together, if you kill some one and make his corpse explode you're healed twice (20%). You can't do it with IS, once you create a minion you can't make his corpse explode and SR is not fed. You don't have to spend a lot of mod to have ED to heal you. I test it a bit (CE+ED) but it lowers consistently your damage output (you can do two CE during the time it takes to do a CE+ED combo). It could be interesting if you can pump ED damages high enough (I would have to run a test character to test this properly and mod ED first when it's cheap).

I think that I'll end opening my-self a lot possibility for healing.

In the end the build could be more complicated to play that I though first mixing killing and healing with thread management (minions and MP).

I want high damages and too many minions can be bothering, so I can't rely only on IS+CE combo. So as I say earlier I'm considering GI only combo or NN+GI combo to pump my damages.

For DS I could go with Gelidy/Deprivation/stimulate. I don't care much for DS duration I'll keep regen low enough (with few regen per hit items a DS/MP/CE with the stimulate mod and tenacity mod regen time should not exceed the combo execution time).

More to come.

Edited by super-avianti
  • 3 weeks later...

Last up-date before a while I guess as I decide to do a "sacred break" I spend an impressive amount of time playing and testing for more than three months. My wife started to complain, and I've to say that a break can only be as the game will fresher when I decide to give it a chance later on. I start to be attract to HC gaming as when one of my characters dies I mostly no longer play it test play aside.

The two last build I considered was a Full AS build inspired by a Dobri post. Pretty impressive, my fastest leveler so far but it implies a specific gameplay. I died because I ended bored, in some region you can't form huge mob so CM shine still I've been unwise and stop trying to kill some monsters, bad idea... especially as I forgot about my Doppelganger...

The build is super powerful for a single aspect Inky, actually I would say it is the most valid option for a single aspect Inky. It also allow for plenty of fine tuning depending on the player's goal as the build doesn't require many skill slot to be effective. I guess the only limitation for the build is the player, if you're to run the campaign (as I like to do) you have to accept at some point to simply pass on killing in not densely populated areas.

Blending some NN aspect is tempting. SR mod for healing is really tempting & the bonus to attack/defense make regen per hit and life leech tempting. Actually as RP is not that effective (and costly regen wise) early on and as I find wiser to mod CM first I spend most of the time with SR as my buff (I'm next to lvl30 in 12/13 hours).

After playing that build (and enjoying it) I decide to go back to my GI/NN build which I've still tough time deciding between "ranged" (like the play style) and melee (more power). I realize that I need concentration, my previous experiments made me more aware of the Bargaining benefits... Basically it was clear that I haven't enough skill slots to do it all.

I start to wonder if there was a possibility like with the AS build to make a pretty self sufficient pretty simple GI/NN build.

Basically the AS build core skill set consists of the following:

Skills:

1 Bargaining

2 Astute Lore

3 Astute Focus

4 Armor lore

5 Constitution

6 Combat discipline

7 Dual wield

+ Toughness at some point

After these ones players may add whatever they want depending of their goals, likings or simply depending on the version of the game they play (PC/console // Ice and Blood or just FA).

I wonder about a build that would require no "offensive/CA lore skill" in his core skill set (I know that crazy). I considered this:

1 Bargaining

2 Armor lore

3 GI Focus

4 NN Focus

5 Constitution

6 Concentration

7 Combat discipline

+ Toughness at some point

Basically the trade of is that one has to pass on Irune as the third mod for PC as Halow is used to make up for lesser damages due to lack of tactic lore.

Basically I reach ~level 25 (and die stupidly in the process, not an tactic error like with the AS build) so the skill set was not completed. I switched between ranged and two handed melee weapons depending on the situation ( I tend to switch to ranged when accompanied by minions or in area where critters offers lesser challenge). I didn't test extensively but I think the build should be workable in the campaign (as the AS build not optimal in every situations tho). It should be even better for the lucky PC player as the can put FF and PB in a combo which should yield to great results in bosses battle (when you attack and defense value collapse... or during tough fight or while charging SR).

Console renditions of both builds could be:

Single aspect AS build:

1 Bargaining

2 Astute Lore

3 Astute Focus

4 Armor lore

5 Constitution

6 Combat discipline

7 weapon lore

8 Toughness

9 SR

10 CR

GI & NN "no lore" build:

Bargaining

Armor lore

GI Focus

NN Focus

Constitution

Concentration

Combat discipline

Toughness

SR

CR

That as far as I can go in Sacred 2 for now.

hi super-

I've read through your topic and I've been quietly discussing Inquisitors with essjayehm so I think I can offer alittle advice on atleast one area: PC.

PC is an amazing buff and not one that should be overlooked. We all know what the Mystic mod does, so if you're a caster or ranged, it greatly increases magic damage. I can't speak to Purge, so I'm gonna get into the nitty gritty - the next two mods:

Eradicate is essentially 1/2 of Tactics Lore so coupled with Tactics Lore, you will have greatly increased chance for crit.

Innure is essentially 1/2 of Toughness, so coupled with Toughness, you're damage mitigation will greatly increase.

After playing a DW melee Inquisitor with Mystic+Eradicate+Hallow with Armor Lore, Constitution (no Toughness yet) I can tell you that even though I ravaged through mobs with GI/AS, boss fights were difficult because I hit hard, and they hit harder, I couldn't handle it. I wasn't comfortable in my survivalbility, and it was only Silver.

Now, I've started Inquisitor. where I'm using a ranged energy staff and javelin (as I have't chosen weapon spec yet) and I've modded PC Mystic+Eradicate+Innure and I can say that the difference in survivability is substantial. I may not be killing things as quickly, but I'm sure as heck staying alive longer. I'm able to go toe-to-toe with Champions, and those freakin mutant boars! lol.

However, the biggest difference I've found is in boss fights - with Hallow I was doing damage, but I was getting hit hard too. I kept wondering about Innure. Now, I'm able to play alittle more strategically without having to worry about dieing after a few critical hits.

So to sum up - if you're going melee, I would suggest trying out PC with Innure + Toughness. It's made a huge difference, and subsequently, a much more fun experience.

Good luck with your build and remember - Bargaining is the best skill in the game, hands down, as essjayehm has shown me :P

double post :0

ok super, I read through your whole thread and I had similiar questions - I think if you're running GI and NN you may not need combat discipline, but concentration instead. From what I've read and in my experience, Combat Discipline is best used with the AS path...the RT (w/ relay)+CM+LE, and subsquently, CM+LE+RT combos are amazing and killing mobs up close and afar...Concentration might be better for GI/NN for PC + SR and that frees up another slot.

Don't overlook RT with Relay and Lesion! Anytime I get surround, boom, RT, and half of the baddies go flying (I have range bronze mod). Also with a Ranged weapon, Mortifying Pillory is AWESOME as it has amazing range - with a melee weapon you have to be right up next to the person. So RT and then MP with a ranged weapon.

I can't speak so much to NN path but I can so on my 3rd and (finally)console HC build I'm doing quite well at level 29 (yes, still waiting to mature :)) with the following build:

Bargaining (kept at level 5 and using Relics, +all skills, etc to keep at character level)

GI Focus (PC baby! MP is my champion/boss killer, and RM is my spamming range CA)

Armor Lore (duh)

Toughness (HUGE difference with Innure)

Tactis Lore (I'm a big fan of weapon damage and need this to eventually mod out GI, especially CE to Bleed-Lacerate-Critical)

AS Focus

Combat Discpline (for RT+CM+LE)

RP isn't modded at all so I may wait till level 50 or 65 to get Concentration, if at all. AS Lore for sure, no question, then will have decide on weapon Spec and either Constitition or Concentration - I'm not sold on SR as it's only good in mobs, and AS path mops up mobs :))

I know I'm not as experienced as most other posters here, but I've had alot of the same questions and have found that this new character is really getting it done.

• 1 month later...

Some update and thanks for extra advices.

I played a lot less lately, till I manage to push my test character pass level 50. It ain't perfect but I think the concept (no offensive skills as crazy as it sounds) is valid but the character is ill suited for console play.

Below the build @level 54

Bargaining 54

GI focus 9

NN focus 9

CD 1

Armor lore 25

Concentration 1

constitution 54

toughness 1

SR 1

I've 35 points I'm saving as I'm not sure about how to invest them (most likely it would be in GI and NN focuses to unlock mod points).

I died 5 times (mostly dumbly)I believe but not important as the build is not hardcore, neither going for max power. It's more of an almost RP character, If there were something as rp in Sacred 2 I would along with my choices for skill pump all my attribute point into wisdom.

I could do a bit better in skill ordering but nothing critic in regard to the build. the build is sane I believe just badly suited for console gameplay, especially the fact that you need to go through the campaign to access higher difficulties level. The fact the PD is broken is bothering too as it's so critical to the build.

The character has real PRO:

+) it's really easy to make it efficient enough, it needs few mod point to the concept of the build to work. Basically mods FF for attack boost and extend duration (3mods) and mods for SR zealot/recreation/soul imbiber. It's enough in first difficulty as long as focus on gathering tiny mobs (hence why I believe the build is more suited to PC players).

+) It's easy to make it work so you have plenty of skill points early on to boost other skills. I plan is to reach bargaining and constitution mastery by level 75. Armor mastery could be reach pretty soon too without much trade off.

+) Skills as SR/CR are not critical to the build, PC player could (actually should) favor Alchemy and blacksmith, which would make the build a good support /self sufficient character.

+) the character allows for various gameplay. From plain melee to melee/ranged as a support for minions.

And CONS:

-) Going through the campaign is not really fun, Bosses battles are long and boring, attack value is really low and it will only by later level that FF and PD will be up most of the time. Pc players may have work around with Alchemy making campaign play more convenient.

-) Damage output is low early on and it won't reach the level of some more dedicated to damages Inqy. You are slow and don't do much damages (even if you were to spend more point in CD early on). Once again Alchemy can help in critical situation (bonus to speed).

-) You won't have that many mod points there is no way to mod all CAs in both aspects.

Overall If I had a decent computer... I would not complain... The character is easy going, not depend on gear in early (bronze/silver/gold) difficulty levels but Bosses... I will continue to level it up but I've mixed feeling, on one hand I think the build is odd enough that it could deserve a proper guide on the other hand it would strange as I would have to do it for PC and I play on console... For console play it has too much restrictions.

-----------------------------------------------

I'll post it here for the sake of it (and the hours I spent testing plying and enjoying), I may move it to the proper section if some find its weirdness interesting. So I'll try to do it as if I were playing PC.

Name: Slow Mow (the guy is really slow :lol: )

Skill choices:

Bargaining: (@character level)

GI focus: mastery +

NN focus: mastery +

CD: mastery +

Armor lore: mastery

Concentration: 1

constitution: @character level

Alchemy: mastery

Blacksmith: mastery

toughness: mastery +

Attribute either vitality or a blend of stamina+vitality.

Mods I chose 9 mods as the basis of the build (you will have more points later on depending on how far one would push the build).

GI aspect (in that order)

FF: Fanaticism/Resolve/Relentless

RM: Deprivation/Petrify/Frenzy

PC: free/Eradicate/Irune

NN aspect (in that order)

SR: Zealot/Recreation/Soul Imbiber

PD: Free/Decrepit/Extension

IS: Brunt/Fanatic/Probation

How to play:

It's a melee build.

1)You gather tiny mobs, you unleash your FF/PD in tough spot or when SR is not charged. Try to make Elite into minions (once the others are down). Basically FF/PD and trophies are your trump card in tough spots.

2)RM is your main attack, I took deprivation as some critters running away is bothering. Most likely you will wield two handed melee weapons most of the time but keep some ranged weapons as they proved convenient for me in various spots (you can take tough opponents in the distance easily by out running them). Others choices are self explanatory, stun is better than life leech or extra damages, frenzy is good as you have no chance of double hit otherwise (no weapon lore). RM is great to makes a lot out of regen per hit (no need for many regen per hit items).

3)In latter level when PD/FF lasts and with help of trophies going through the campaign should be a more valid option.

The PRO:

+ The build should be pretty resistant: good damage mitigation Irune+Toughness.

+ The build should have an healthy amount of hit point vit+constitution @character level.

+ The built with regenerate a hell lot of hit points per second, high constitution+vitality / SR benefits recreation+soul imbiber.

+ The build is self sufficient and a good support character for other builds (Bargaining+blacksmith).

+ The build is weird and that's nice.

The CONS:

- Low damage output for an Inquisitor (but your resilient and you can make the most of the PC damage bonus).

- Not really suited for the campaign but alchemy should help (a bit) there.

- Low Spell resistance.

The gear:

Early on I would focus on %experience items, then I would start to blend in some %death blow items and finally throw into the mix +x all skills. Make it so you don't need more than a good regen per hit item.

Keep %LL weapon (both ranged and melee) you melee most of the time but ranged is great to support your minions and helpful in some tough spots.

Edited by super-avianti
  • 1 month later...

Woot I guess I finally found a build I'm happy with (from another board):

I'm level 29 in a bit less than 10 hours, using only stuffs I find and buy (self sufficient build). I'm 65% in the silver campaign, no death (hopefully as a reset of my survival bonus would make me really sad). I've to swallow plenty of potions but it's getting safer now and the build should improve in the upcoming level as its defense is coming together

@ lvl29 this is my skills selection

armor lore 5

dual wield 5

Bargaining 29

Tactic lore 8

GI focus 1

toughness 1

Combat reflexes 1

Skill points left: 29 Actually I'm saving them because I want to achieve Constitution and Bargaining mastery @ level 75

At level 75 the build should be:

rmor lore 5

dual wield 5

Bargaining 75

Tactic lore 30

GI focus 1

toughness 1

Combat reflexes 1

Constitution 75

EDIT SR 1 <= forgot one skill... :lol:

Alchemy 1

For gear, whatever with +skills (if possible to all skills but take everything you find).

Attributes:

I invested evenly in strength, vitality and stamina, to address some shortcoming of the build in its early life. I plan to focus on strength once I get constitution (I plan to have constitution @ character level).

Edited by super-avianti

Seems like a solid build, Super-Avianti!

I am pretty sure your level 75 stats have some leftover points, which can be used for whatever you feel your biggest weakness is. If you need defence, Toughness or Armour Lore gets the extra... for damage Tactics can be boosted, and if you need higher CA levels or better regen time, GI Focus.

I'm floored by my own stupidy and how greedy the game can make you.

I suffered my most stupid death ever with this build...

Fighting the miasma in silver my attention was caught by some item that could have been interesting. It was not a tough fight... I decided to open quickly my inventory in the middle of the fight to delete quickly some poor items....

Turned out really bad, the camera focused on me and I found my self caught in a hell of a slow down... I instantly gave up, but the slow down Was stronger... the sequence last for almost ten seconds... and I died... I could not exist the inventory in time...

How stuypid can I be? Really I was considering deleting the character, I played a bit more (killing the miasma easily by the way, not that it was tough in the first place) but I'm on the way the scorpion boss now and I've notice a hell of a slowdown... in my level up speed this time... I'm floored... I wonder about restarting the build but I feel so dumb... and I know the build is OK it's no longer the same it was done almost "right" my motivation has taken a hit...

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

I'm floored by my own stupidy and how greedy the game can make you.

I suffered my most stupid death ever with this build...

Fighting the miasma in silver my attention was caught by some item that could have been interesting. It was not a tough fight... I decided to open quickly my inventory in the middle of the fight to delete quickly some poor items....

Turned out really bad, the camera focused on me and I found my self caught in a hell of a slow down... I instantly gave up, but the slow down Was stronger... the sequence last for almost ten seconds... and I died... I could not exist the inventory in time...

How stuypid can I be? Really I was considering deleting the character, I played a bit more (killing the miasma easily by the way, not that it was tough in the first place) but I'm on the way the scorpion boss now and I've notice a hell of a slowdown... in my level up speed this time... I'm floored... I wonder about restarting the build but I feel so dumb... and I know the build is OK it's no longer the same it was done almost "right" my motivation has taken a hit...

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

Oh, that's not really so dumb.... greedy, maybe, but not dumb. I've died a few times in similar circumstances with the Swirling Mist. It's the whilrling tornado of death that always gets me when I stop, even for just a second... that CA of his takes up a lot of processor and lags even the console everytime it happens. If I'm in the inventory or CA page, or look away for a bit, and Murphy's Law smacks me upside the head... before I can do anything, I'm looking down at a ragdoll-dead-body that used to be my toon.

I do think it's weird that you took a hit to your levelling speed after that. Losing your SB in silver should only affect the enemy levels by 1 or 2 at most. Odd.

At any rate, it is definitly a de-motivating experience (especially when you only blame yourself), but keep your chin up... sometimes putting the game down for a day or 2 can reinvigorate my taste for mayhem :viking:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, that's not really so dumb.... greedy, maybe, but not dumb. I've died a few times in similar circumstances with the Swirling Mist. It's the whilrling tornado of death that always gets me when I stop, even for just a second... that CA of his takes up a lot of processor and lags even the console everytime it happens. If I'm in the inventory or CA page, or look away for a bit, and Murphy's Law smacks me upside the head... before I can do anything, I'm looking down at a ragdoll-dead-body that used to be my toon.

I do think it's weird that you took a hit to your levelling speed after that. Losing your SB in silver should only affect the enemy levels by 1 or 2 at most. Odd.

At any rate, it is definitly a de-motivating experience (especially when you only blame yourself), but keep your chin up... sometimes putting the game down for a day or 2 can reinvigorate my taste for mayhem :viking:

well thanks for the kind words :)

I resume playing after a break, the slowdown was most likely due the region I was going through, the desert. I quickly start leveling at a reasonable rate. So far so good. I'm in gold now starting the swap @lvl42 (I keep rushing through the campaign).

The character has some lacking attack and defense rating are pretty low no matter the points invested in Strength and my pretty hight level in "dual wield" (~70, I shopped plenty of +all skills gems early in gold :) ). Anyway FF does the job but I don't use it enough to say the truth.

For defense I got Irune, Toughness is at a decent level, I found shoulder with some mitigation as well as Sakari belts, along with high level of constitution I can stand a beating, still constitution mastery will make the build clearly less of a potion drinker.

On top of it I decided to start a "Nefarious Netherworld only" build. I'm not taking it seriously as the lack of ancient magic as well as the fact that PD is broken remove a lot f the build potential. Basically my plan for the build is to use melee a lot and live with a low damage output. I'm level 12 right now I did the following choices for skills:

Dual wield (1)

Armor lore (5)

NN lore (5)

Bargaining (12)

NN focus (1)

7 points left.

I'm suffering right now from really low damages output. I will get better as my next skill will be Tactic lore. Tactic lore will be critical to the build as I can't see my self relying on NN spells only. So I need to do some damages with weapons and fual my CAs through rgh. For info I didn't use any CA from other aspects (not even mutilation which is known de facto).

In the end the skills selection should looks like:

Dual wield

Armor lore

NN lore

Bargaining

NN focus

Tactic lore

constitution

Alchemy

toughness

Spell resistance

The reason for Alchemy while playing on console is that I feel like I'll need to make the most out of "concentration potions". Lacking in damages and Area of Effect spells, I'll need to keep my CAs at pretty high level.

CA mods:

I was wondering about the mods that grant the build with +% life heal per kill/soul (soul imbiber, restore, reclaim) but I decide it's counter productive I better drink potions and focus on mods that makes the build better vs more comfortable.

SR: std zealot/source/zealot

DS: spite/torture/stimulate

IS: effort/fanatic/probation

ED: greed/violence/plague

pd: Despair/demoralize/extension (<= due to its buggy nature on console I won't mod it maybe won't use it... :lol: ).

For ordering I'm going for something pretty weird.

zealot/spite/greed/violence/plague/source/zealot/torture/stimulate/effort/fanatic/probation.

It's an attempt "for the fun" so I decide to mod IS last. My idea is have ED close to highest level without penalty and use it as a "tiny nuke" every time my blades takes down one critter. It's my only Area of Effect so... let try :)

Then I want DS at level so I can spam it on tough critters with help of "concentration potions" and achieve a cumulative effect. I took torture as... I still anticipate that the boost to damages will help (cumulative too as the effect on characteristics?)I took stimulate as it may help during (long) boss battles which could be resume in IS+DS combo (as SR is useless my hit chance will be low...).

Later on I will focus on turning elite warriors into minions.

For gear mainly +all skills, then deathblow.

Edited by super-avianti

Update got beat three times in raw by the gar colossus in silver... :lol:

Anyway not important it's neutral in regard to the survival bonus. I think the problems is gears I lack gear with sockets and +skill jewelry. Result I can't hit him and my spell can barely scratch him.

I got close to beat it in my last attempt, drink concentration potions I were alternating IS and IS+DS so he was incapacitated. Too bad at some point IS effect failed and I received a huge series of punches, health went down quicker than potions were raising it... obvious result => dead meat :lol:

I may use some gears from my chest I must have some "catharsis set" pieces and +%spell intensity jewelry (or I hope).

I'm not use to caster but going by an early attempt I remember spell intensity had a huge effect on spells damages. I remember fighting the colossus and switching to +%spell intensity rings (so only four items) my damages jumped from 1+1+1+etc for IS to something in the range of ten.

I realize I've no clue about what should be a acceptable "magic attack value" for a caster. So far I pumped only vitality.

I wonder if for a PC gamer it would be better to go with this ordering for skills:

Dual wield

Armor lore

NN lore

Bargaining

Alchemy

Tactic lore

NN focus

constitution

toughness

Spell resistance

Some alchemy items along with more proper gear (I've been unlucky so far in my shopping) may boost attach value high enough so %LL weapons could take it down without too much problem. Regen times are not much of a problem at this point with few regen per hit jewelry so delaying NN focus may be a fair trade off (especially as CA levels are likely to be low in early character life).

The one thing I disliked with the console version is that you have to beat the bosses if you want to advance the difficulty (without a trick). Makes playing some builds extremely hard, or just downright impossible.

Magic attack value (aka spell intensity) is compared vs. the enemies magical defence (aka spell resistance). If you win, full damage is done. If the enemy wins, only 1/2 damage is dealt (and then reduced by mitigation, armour, etc).

Sorry to say, but LL% is not going to help you on the console. It only does 1/1000 of the proper damage, although it will heal you the proper amount. I never did figure out this build (NN 'only') and I hope you find something that works on those pesky bosses.

Hum too bad I did not know about %LL not working on console especially I got the healing effect properly... that's a vicious bug... :(

On top of broken PD it gets tough indeed to do something successful (vs Boss).

I may have to shop for a while, I guess some %spell intensity and boost to attack value should help. I did not plan to

pump DW too high I wanted to +X to all skills to do job (as well as SR) and I planned to rely more on spell for boss fights. May be I'll consider roaming for a while and take the "torture mod" for DS ahead of schedule.

Anyway I won't give up so soon, I was not that far in my last attempt (it's more a bug that killed me than anything even though the whole process was slow and painful...). When I started I was convinced that the leveling curve would be tougher for this build than for my single aspect GI build (it needs more skills to be effective, early skill point are more spead out thin, spells are weak early on, etc.).

Sometime I wish that my PC were up to date...

Edited by super-avianti

Not sure if this has been discussed but my main problems with my dual weilding melee Inquisitor was too little life and feeling like a god CE'ing everything in site and progressing too quickly.

I like the 4 levels per area method. Niob just crushed my first attempt when I got there. Any mob would make me run like a lil schoolgirl.

Fortunately, I re-evaluated the build and made the necessary changes. Now he rocks the joint.

Zconnor