Party Friendly Builds

Probably most people play builds which would be able to play a whole full server campaign soloing. This thread is not for these characters. People who play hardcore do more parties and probably have more fun because of these parties.

Living a bit away from DSL and fast internet we play LAN at home and my daughters play LAN at a youthclub. One of the boys there is handicapped and we did some easy to play builds for him allready.

So what we are looking for now is a party tank. Robust, lot of hit points, blocking away most of the damage but not an energy shield character. The character should not kill all alone so the boy can do some killing too.

I tried an old dragon mage, which was created before I learned all the maths in Sacred2 and which had a damage which was less than that of a full 3-aspect dragon mage or a Sohei who recharges his spells with Reg per Hit. I considered my old character as way too much defense and gave him up. But now I remembered this character who was laying in a backup folder and plan to give him a try again.

Armour lore, constitution, shield lore, toughness - so 4 defensive skills.

Dragon magic lore and focus for a buff which gives fire damage mitigation, lot of willpower, intelligence and HITPOINTS

Mentalism focus for a buff giving x% defense, combat art block, physical resistance and stuns enemies.

Concentration to have these two buffs.

Ancient magic and combat discipline to add damage to dragon strike and the mental attacks. Seems you need lore to boost DoT on combat arts, but the directs damage wents up well with these two skills.

He uses 1 combination:

Dragon strike, energy blaze and mind strike

So the the enemies around him loose more than half of their attack value, have slower attacks and the regeneration time of their combat arts are reduced. So even the attacks are defensive.

The reason I put him out again was:

I found a Kaldur and a Kira shield. So by socketing hit chance into this weapon slot I can attack bosses with left clicks after the debuff combination is casted once or twice. So the character can be soloed if needed.

For normal leveling the character uses a weapon slot which has a weapon with half regeneration time and all 5 sockets in the weapon slot are socketed half regeneration time too. So there is no need to run close to recharge combat arts. A 1.6 second mind strike is halved and then 20 percent removed (combat discipline) so it is 0.64seconds regeneration time in a combination and 0.64s allow spamming.

At level 100 the character got 22000 hitpoints, which is not too bad for a dragon mage.

Any more ideas for a "Mother cat" build? Mother cat as the cat catches a mouse so the young ones can train on it. So here the Tank stands in front and debuffs the enemy for easier playing.

Well I'm currently working in a physical damage, 3-aspect SW (what else :P ) focused on both solo slaughters and multy carnages, to maximize the fun. The best part of it is (or will be) the minions, so it doesnt matter if you play alone you still play with that team-focused strategies. I find it very interesting as he has 3 team-helper CAs. He's still level 60 but I will post how is he going later on :)

• 2 months later...

Sadly I have to revive this thread. My daughter will be at hospital for 5 long weeks more. Nothing dangerous, just a skin grafting to the leg after her car accident. So she is now able to roll around in a wheelchair, but has to pull the vacuum pump for the vacuum therapy with her. So the keyboard access is a bit limited.

Classmates meet at the youth club and help her with homeworks doing something like a video conference. So she won't miss much at school. But playing sacred with them proves to be a bit more complicated.

She wants to try out a temple guardian or a dragon mage. since she didn't play them before. So I try to develope a weird combination with auto-targetting, which is also very robust.

Dragon mage: A bug in combinations would be the biggest problem. You can't change a combination you have. For auto-targetting a fast combat art which needs no target would be needed as a starter: maelstrom? But the starter would be just for savety ,not doing any damage. Destroyer?

TG: Deadly spears in a combination with jolting touch? Having 100% halve regen time on equipment and add 30% mana leech from JT: a 5 second combination would be recharged in 1s in theory, even without reg per hit.

Why not sourcewarden TG? Charging grid is no targatable Area of Effect which moves with you and heals allies, combat alert with gold mod as party extension and u have your party TG. Also debuffs from icyevenesxcence fiery ember.

Sorry to hear about your Daughter. Good news is you guys are in an area that can do this sort of treatment. I'll be out for 3-4 weeks also as I just had surgery myself for an umbilical hernia.

So on to your Dragon Mage. Over the past year I have ran multiple Dragon Mages and although they all seemed like they would be a success alas something always got the better of them. What I have found and am using for my current build is something you have already started.

The bug you refer to for the dragon mage is acceptable, meaning without combat disciple you are only allowed 2 ca in a combo, but you can still change the Combat Arts that are there. Once you get combat discipline that will give three ca in a combo. Now its the amount of Combat Arts in that combo that you cannot change. For my first 3 combos I have them at 3 Combat Arts each. And the forth one has only 2 Combat Arts in it. For the five quick buttons I have Mind Strike, combo of Maelstrom, Energy Blaze and Mind Strike, combo of Dragon Strike, Maelstrom, Energy Blaze, combo of Tornado, Energy Blaze and either Mind Strike or Eternal Fire. I don't think that Eternal Fire is doing the correct amount of damage. coders might have forgotten to use a zero. :shrug:

My current Dragon Mage is level 120 with the following skills and points allocated, first number is naked, parenthesis is with suit on.

Concentration 5 (62)

Mentalism Focus 86 (152)

Mentalism Lore 87 (153)

Dragon Magic Focus 75 (141)

Armor Lore 78 (143)

Constitution 2 (67)

Combat Discipline 15 (72)

Toughness 86 (157)

Dragon Magic Lore 12 (78)

Ancient Magic 75 (132)

Greatest difference between what I was trying to do , which was 3 aspect builds - so much fun, Is that Instead of the third aspect I choose Constitution, and Toughness instead. It has made a world of difference in survival. Also just because I didn't take elemental focus or lore doesn't mean you still can't use those Combat Arts. Tornado is great for when your in caves since dragon strike wont always fly in from the correct direction. Speaking of which... the higher the CA for Dragon strike the more on target he will become. And if he doesn't hit where you want him to swing your camera view around and he will usually come from a different angle. But not always. I started getting used to knowing my surroundings and when Dragon Strike would be able to hit and when I might as well not try.

For Comat Arts I use the following:

Eternal Fire 55 runes read: Licking Flames, Hunger, Fury. Not sure about this ca yet, Seems like all I really get out of it is a pretty burning scene and the wooosh of flames. My DoT damage says +1400ish damage over time but all the mobs get are 140 if not less even with Ancient Magic Mastery.

Dragon Strike 19 Runes read: Terror, Blind, Scatter. I use this almost every chance I get when outdoors. The more runes eaten the lower the cooldown, but the higher the regeneration. I try to keep this near 5 seconds. With a bit of regeneration potion Combat Trance and 1.3 RpH I can have 3-4 dragons in flight at a time. Boom Boom Boom I love it.

Familiar 30 runes eaten: Firebug, Protection from fire, Life Force.

Tornado 18 runes read. unmodded. Fire and forget this ca still does decent damage and takes care of itself.

Mind Strike 62 runes read: Weakness, Expansion, Drill. Wiki is lacking in data for this. I believe I have hit up to ten enemies with just this CA. There must be something written in the spell.txt to tell us how many runes are needed to hit "X" amount of enemies if they are grouped close enough together.

Energy Blaze 35 runes read: Blind, Zone, Experience

Maelstrom 18 runes read: Grind, Extention, Demoralize. I pretty much lead off almost all my combo's with Maelstrom. And for the tough fights I really get this stacked up before laying down some serious damage spells.

Combat Trance 192 runes read: Awareness, Experienced

Rune of Protection 20 runes read: Awe, Protection, Runes

For the buffs I use two buff suits. And they cast at around level 107 and 110 plus I don't have the regen penalty from casting such high buffs.

For auto targeting Maelstrom would work great. Also Energy Blaze will auto target and anything that is in combo after the first spell is cast will auto target.