Combat Arts - The Best And The Worst

I tend to find that with my characters their are Combat Arts I never use and others I almost always use. Thinking outside the box a bit, thinking of my perfect character, these are the CAs I use a lot and those I never use. In my opinion there are some which are simply a waste of space or I just don't like. If I had a perfect character using existing CAs from any existing Character these are the ones I would keep or discard.

Frenzied Rampage / Pelting Strikes - Basically I just like hitting lots of beasties with one click. When I am up against a group I can't imagine being with them.

Grim Resilience - Can't be without it. Saved my life more times than I can remember I am sure.

Expulse Magic - Too many good things to say about this one. Helps me out in a crowd, fun in the swamp, ......

Dislikes

Soul Hammer / Demonic Blow - A single target CA which, in melee, doesn't happen often. Easier to stick with FR/PS which always gets the job done.

BeeEffGee - If I want to run around with a gun I will reinstall Doom 3.

Dragon Strike - Getting the thing to hit on target is too hit and miss. Frustrating.

Dragonstrike can be used in like 80% of the places. You have to get used to it. My dragonstrike character is a massive tank build which just storms through narrow passages with all the enemies charging him. Then he stops at a bit wider place and does a dragon strike combination. Funny character if every 2 seconds a dragon spits its fire.

Single target attacks:

Does anyone know if 'chance to hit more enemies' from a polearm gets triggered by these attacks?

BeeEffGee - If I want to run around with a gun I will reinstall Doom 3.

I hear you on the BFG...but it IS a lot of fun with new players, and the seraphim's super robustness helps peeps get into the game quickly.

I'm with dreeft on this, give the dryad's Darting Assault a try.

The Multi Hit on this MADE this game for me.

Also, NOTHING in this game as fast...insta travel speed... it never fails to delight me, specially with the tracer like effect of leech.

:thumbsup:

gogo

I'm with dreeft on this, give the dryad's Darting Assault a try.

The Multi Hit on this MADE this game for me.

Also, NOTHING in this game as fast...insta travel speed... it never fails to delight me, specially with the tracer like effect of leech.

:thumbsup:

gogo

I've never used that CA before. Just tried it with an axe, certainly looks cool. Does it give three melee hits at CA1 or only one, ie only ranged? Any idea how it would compare with Frenzied Rampage or Pelting Strikes for damage?

I noticed SacredWiki had no stats so I added the lvl1 char, 1 rune, etc data.

Of you use Darting Assault for a melee weapon, from a mount, it's insane... I think up to 16 at a time? Especially deadly with Acute mind, and you duel wield staves that stack int on top of the Acute Mind's amp effect on int to damage.

Wonderful

:)

gogo

p.s. Thanks for putting those numbers into Wiki... we're still missing some for the Combat Arts if peeps want to keep adding them! :bounce:

The thing about ones like Demonic/soul hammer;

They are massive debuffers if modded correctly. They make mince meat of bosses like this.

They are extremely useful in combos.

Mashing 1 CA ad-nauseam is a primitive way to play sacred. Why not mash the same 1 button, but execute 4 moves at once?

NOTE* this will also remove the threat of enemies like the 'mages bane' eye enemies with energy leech, as your animation will always out last their leech attacks.

One of the true highlights of this game from other action RPG's is the combo system, refined to an almost perfection in this second game.

Each characters aspects were built on this, their mods, etc and skill combat discipline was made for all characters because of it.

Stacking CA mods is the most powerful thing you can do for all of the characters. You may not think so, but it is by leaps and bounds.

Personally I don't think there is best and worst. I think there is however, definitely best and worst applications and uses.

Cheers,

Edited by r00ster

Mashing 1 CA ad-nauseam is a primitive and inferior way to play sacred.

LOL!

Take it easy r00ster, I LOVE mashing Darting Assault Ad nauseum till the cows come home. No need to judge anyone else's play style as being inferior mate. We're not here to name call anyone else, their play styles, their use of Combat Arts or choice of hair gel.

You ARE allowed, however, to say how awesome I am in PvP against you level 20 and how you're terrified of my build

:whip:

gogo

Well, technically its still mashing 1 button, it just autos 4 moves instead, stacking effects.

So why not? ;)

And level 20 is not proper for PvP :D at least like, level 100 where you can have proper defense to things.

I.e. root of dryads nature aspect, unblockable until higher levels where you can actually have block root +%. percentage things are not possible at such low lvls.

I will edit my initial post just for you gogo :D

Cheers,

Re spamming/mashing one button. For me that depends upon the character class I am playing. Sometimes I use only a few skills but sometimes many. For example, I go crazy with my High Elf CAs often switching a lot but not with my Shadow Warrior I often leave him using just a couple of CAs although sometimes it simply depends upon how tired I am etc. That is one reason I started this thread, maybe if my SW had a slightly different CA mix I would be using more CAs when I play with him. He (SW) can get a bit boring sometimes spamming Fenzied Rampage I will admit.