Third Day Of Snow - Noooooooooooooooo

Yikes. Glad that wasn't here. Got enough of snow last winter. >_<

Though, if things go as they're seeming to, there'll be much snow again. Ain't really my favourite pastime, that's for sure...

There was supposed to be only like 3-4 inches of snow from Monday to Wednesday evening, and now we got like 6-7 inches. That made me remember how much I can hate snow.

Max

Heya,

I actually like snow... though mostly we don't get much.... had some last week, but that has vanished for 99% now.

That much snow...... that picture..... once in a lifetime for around here I guess.

Greetz

What I hate most: lot of snow followed by a period of warm wind and rain. Makes a lot of flooding. I spend 1 night at a railway station in eastern germany last week because of too much snow for trains. Tomorrows conference in southwest germany is cancelled because of flooding. At our home we have around 4 inches snow, covered with a layer of ice rain I was told. Luckily our 2 oldest daughters learned to use the Unimogs.

Love it love it. gogo I'll change places with you. I love the cold white stuff. Probably why I ended up doing 5 tours in Antarctica from 90-95.

Yaaaay snow! :D There's a park just nearby us where loads of people cross country ski up and down the mountain top. I think it's a good hour up and then what is likely a wonderful coast down. Might give that a try this year. Or maybe I'll try Snowshoeing! I just love this season. None of those annoying heat waves and when it gets too cold it just makes being warm that much more enjoyable. It's as if winter magnifies my appreciation for everything. Love it!

Love it love it. gogo I'll change places with you. I love the cold white stuff. Probably why I ended up doing 5 tours in Antarctica from 90-95.

Oh yes... I love snow as well, specially when school is cancelled :D lol we always want what we don't have. We will never be happy if we go like that :D

We haven't had a lot of snow here, but the trouble is that it has all frozen. Been on the ground for around for about 12 days now, and a devil to drive on. All the main roads are fine, but my car park is surrounded on all 4 sides by blocks of flats, and it gets no sunshine. Permafrost !

Well, as I said in the thread where schot posted the pic, no fair! It never snows where I am so Ive never seen the real stuff, only the icy stuff lying around on top of mountains when it hasnt snowed very recently.

Always love the first good snowstorm of the season, after that, well, not so much. God bless whomever invented the snow blower :D

Do you have one knuckles, for your own garageway?

:)

gogo

Yuppers...one of the first things I bought after messing up my back :D

Only takes about 20 minutes to clear out my driveway and walkway to house. Before it would take 2-4 hours of shoveling

I have mixed emotions regarding snow. A love/hate relationship we may call it.

I love the white stuff when I can deal with it at my leasure.

When I have to work in horrible conditions. Not so much...

Just last Sunday, my family and I where on our way, off we go to our local Fred Meyer to complete some last minute Christmas shoping, which from our house is about 1.5 hours driving in good weather conditions. With my family we where traveling 35mph. ~if alone I usually go 45mph~ We get passed by a little Ford Taurus. Not 8-10ft. infront of us, the person does a massive wipeout. Ends up 80-100ft. off into a field. Mowed over a very well built railroad tie fence.

Now I dont know if any of you have seen a railroad tie fence. They are the most well built, tough as nails fence you can build out of wood. Ranchers in Central Oregon use them to corral and fence off Buffalo.

Long story short, the Ford Taurus was absolutely destroyed. We did see the person get out of the vehicle. As 99% of the traffic stoped to watch the show.

As of today we do not have alot of snow anymore. Couple weeks ago we had 8-10 inches of fresh on the ground. Now we are left with freezing fog. Nasty conditions trying to accomplish any task. Just walking outside to feed the animals we have to wear YaK Tracks.

Most local people can deal with snow, as Central Oregon usually gets its fair share. When the freezing fog sets in for days / weeks at a time. Operations come to an almost complete standstill.

Heres to brighter days ahead... :xmastree:

I remain, Etherian

When I finish the video conference today (normal conference was cancelled because of flooding) then I try to fight my way back home. All this online route planers for bus, airplane, train show all red.

My wife told me that the road to our house is blocked by 5 trees which collapsed by the weight of the snow they already had and the ice rain which came early this night.

They put our van on a trailer and used a Unimog to bypass the fallen trees via a forest road. The van is now parked on other side of the fallen trees.

Fire fighters and disaster relief are too busy else where to clean up the road.

Snow and fun:

Cross country skiing could be done last 3 winters at our place. Alpine: Winterberg is just 40 minutes away. Winterberg has also bobsleigh, luge, and skeleton track and a skypark for summer. A path following the top of trees so you can watch the landscape and the forests from above and close.

800px-Panorama-Erlebnis-Brücke.jpg

There is also a downhill bike track (the bicycle in the picture above) which our second daughter liked a lot before she had her car accident.

Also a summer bob sledge (liked by our third), front left of above picture.

Edited by chattius

chattius, I'm glad you made it through safe! Wrecks like that are what storms like this are famous for. My next post here is a small whine about how I'm going to have to go out at least three times today to keep ahead of the snow:

-2°C | °FCurrent: Snow Showers

Wind: NE at 26 km/h

Sun

rain_snow.gif

6°C | 3°C

Mon

rain_snow.gif

4°C | -9°C

Tue

snow.gif

-8°C | -11°C

Wed

snow.gif

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

hehe, I actually do kinda like the snow for sports, but... shoveling? :oooo:

Big fat flakes, pretty light... nice from behind a window, children laughing, making snow angels... joy in faces.

Yeah I'm bitter

:pirate:

gogo

lol, knuckles that loox like a Tonka :P In Sarnia, Ontario, 200 cars snowed in on highway for 24 hours ... :oooo:

Not like that here in Montreal here at least. Whew, though it does seem to be coming down pretty regularly, yeah maybe there's a few centimetres of snow I should clear

beh

:ninja:

gogo