Third Day Of Snow - Noooooooooooooooo

• 4 weeks later...

Shame man!

I would love to even see snow! here in warm sunny South Africa. I love winter and prefer the cold above the hot sweaty uncomfortable summer days. If people ask me why I prefer winter over summer, I always reply that you can keep putting clothes on to keep warm, but you can only take off that much before you aren't decent anymore!

Our Christmas time is always spent with fans, Air conditioners, swimming pools, shorts, and lots of ice in the freezer.

what a great description of something so utterly alien to my present sensibilities.

:o

:4rofl:

Thanks though, needed that.

lol, will keep it hot in my head just before I go out in another thirty minutes to catch up with what's fallen since I last shoveled oh...just a few minutes ago

cha%20%2818%29.gif

gogo

lol. Our minimum winter temperatures are -10°C at the extreme coldest nights (still no snow) and can reach a max of 25°C.

Our summer temperatures start on a cool evening/morning at about 18°C and sometimes reach a scorching 40°C.

40°C (104 °F) is way too hot for me. Will have maybe 3-4 days of 90°F weather and can't remember the last time we went below 0°F. And rarely go below 10°F.

lol. Our minimum winter temperatures are -10°C at the extreme coldest nights (still no snow) and can reach a max of 25°C.

Our summer temperatures start on a cool evening/morning at about 18°C and sometimes reach a scorching 40°C.

Sounds a bit like down here in Aus. Although in most places it doesnt get that cold...around or one or two degrees C below 0 is about the coldest it gets. Summer does get that hot though.

Sounds a bit like down here in Aus. Although in most places it doesnt get that cold...around or one or two degrees C below 0 is about the coldest it gets. Summer does get that hot though.

Yip! southern Hemisphere! also known as Hotazhell!

And while you guys are suntanning, I just got back in from outside. This time a good forty five minutes of hard shoveling... during the night almost another half foot of snow...

ambush!

:oooo:

gogo

I feel for you Gogo. Luckily we haven't got any more snow for about month or so. Been nicely warm considering it's "only" March. Though forecasts say that we should get more snow later this week. >_<

Daggone it! I'd welcome the spring any day now. Also caught a nasty flu... Been camping indoors for about 4 days in a row.

Crappa Lappa the flu! yuck I got through most of this winter without one, I think one tried to creep in and bed down into my lungs. A few swigs of Canada's Cough syrup quickly routed that little instigator

:mafia:

gogo

Ever considered selling your car and buying an Unimog? ;)

Unimog-canada is selling some used ones: http://www.unimogcanada.com/implements_snow.php

In winter you could blow all the snow to the other side of the road:

doubble_snowcutter.jpgturbine_large.jpg

In spring you can plant all the herbs for the dark kitchen:

farm3.jpg

In summer you would be the friend of your whole neighbourhood: when driving home you can mew all the gras in their gardens without leaving the street:

newmog6sm.jpg

Ever considered selling your car and buying an Unimog? ;)

Unimog-canada is selling some used ones: http://www.unimogcanada.com/implements_snow.php

In winter you could blow all the snow to the other side of the road:

doubble_snowcutter.jpgturbine_large.jpg

In spring you can plant all the herbs for the dark kitchen:

farm3.jpg

In summer you would be the friend of your whole neighbourhood: when driving home you can mew all the gras in their gardens without leaving the street:

newmog6sm.jpg

LOL! :3lmao:

Gotta Luuurve the unimogs. It does look super cool Chattius, but might be a bit of a problem finding parking space for it if you don't have a forest around your house!?!

Delta!

omg

no

no no no no

rrent Weather Updated: Wed, Mar. 9, 2011, 20:00 EST - P.E.Trudeau Airport

Montréal, QC r.jpg -1

°C

Light snow

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

noooooo.jpg

:cry:

gogo

Your post only tells the current weather.

It doesn't say that they forecast 6-8 inches of snow overnight and then 15 mm of rain, and then maybe more snow and even more rain.

What a crappy weather, I just can't wait for winter to be over.

Max

no

max I didn't kow that much...no no no no ....

Why won't Winter just give up and go away. This suffering is becoming interminable, long, dreary and, lol..I've broken my last two shovels

:4rofl:

gogo

Snow staying till mid spring is better than snow melted away and then a -15celcius period hitting plants no longer protected by snow --- at least from a farmer's view.

Tonka- I had to look up. This toy brand is rather unknown in germany. But I found a bobby-car version of a firefighter unimog, including a trailer which could be used as a big water gun:

2596037.jpg

You know we crazy germans do gravity races for adults with these kids toys? Speed record is around 108 kilometres an hour:

bobbycar.jpg

In the unimog brochure you find more unimog kid(and adults) toys:

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/media_library/hq/hq_mpc_reference_site/unimog/products/implement_carrier/brochure_pdf_/unimog_collection.object-Single-MEDIA.download.tmp/U-Collection%20GB.pdf

The newest Unimog of our company and the unimog at firefighters have this nice 'Variopilot- Wechsellenkung'. Sadly even second hand unimogs with this technique have a price well beyond good and evil.

variopilot.jpg

You pull a level and can move the steering wheel from the left to the right. So it is easier to control a crane, snowplow or bush cutter if being forced to drive as much right as possible. Whole shifting of the steering wheel can be done in less than half a minute. Too bad that my 50 and 40 year old beasts are too old for this technique.

• 5 months later...