Third Day Of Snow - Noooooooooooooooo

For work it's a 4 x 2 Ford Econoline Van....usually the cargo area is crammed full of heavy stuff so traction isn't too bad once I'm on the highways. If I'm at a tower site it's usually just a small trail cut into the woods and up a hill. So if it starts accumulating there, I'm gone fairly quickly. My personal vehicle is a Dodge Ram 2500 4 x 4 which is excellent in the snow once I weigh down the bed with concrete blocks or sand bags. Though by this time next year I should have a 4 door Jeep Wrangler 4 x 4.

Funny thing is I bought the Ram new in 2004. Thru all the sicknesses and surgeries I've had, the truck only has 25,000 miles on it lol. Should get a great trade-in on it.

For work it's a 4 x 2 Ford Econoline Van....usually the cargo area is crammed full of heavy stuff so traction isn't too bad once I'm on the highways. If I'm at a tower site it's usually just a small trail cut into the woods and up a hill. So if it starts accumulating there, I'm gone fairly quickly. My personal vehicle is a Dodge Ram 2500 4 x 4 which is excellent in the snow once I weigh down the bed with concrete blocks or sand bags. Though by this time next year I should have a 4 door Jeep Wrangler 4 x 4.

Funny thing is I bought the Ram new in 2004. Thru all the sicknesses and surgeries I've had, the truck only has 25,000 miles on it lol. Should get a great trade-in on it.

If it carries on like this in England, I'll be after yer Dodge mate, especially with that mileage. Could do with something that doesn't go sideways in the snow, lol !

Talking about snow. One of the best commercials showed a snow plow on a highway. And then text was underlined: Have you ever wondered how the snow plow driver arrives at work? Nothing else, no company mentioned. But everyone remembered the commercial running 10 years earlier:

Congrats on getting your white Christmas, Knuckles. :) Meanwhile, I think mine will end up sunny. :/

A sunny Christmas in Canada ?!?! Seems odd, what part of Canada is that, Hawaii ? Hehe. :D

Would be nice if it was warm enough for hula skirts. :P

This is Toronto, where our weather tends to be on the mild side. The perks of living near a Great Lake. :P

Congrats on getting your white Christmas, Knuckles. :) Meanwhile, I think mine will end up sunny. :/

A sunny Christmas in Canada ?!?! Seems odd, what part of Canada is that, Hawaii ? Hehe. :D

Would be nice if it was warm enough for hula skirts. :P

This is Toronto, where our weather tends to be on the mild side. The perks of living near a Great Lake. :P

Er... Perks? Tell that to the folks who live on the south side of those same Great Lakes... Had a friend who lived in central NY near Auburn, and he would tell tales of the positively frigid weather that came off of the lakes. Positively epic freezing weather. Chicago also gets some seriously nasty weather - and that's also on the south side.

And since I'm living North of that lake, I consider that a 'perk' for those who would rather have a green holdiay. ;p Honestly, I use the term loosely, because the weather looks quite bland, then the snow would hit the city at the worst possible time. :P The true perk for me and living near a lake is in the summer. I hate heat more than the cold, and having a big body of water absorb some of that heat is real nice.

No snow here, all melted...it's 18 degrees Celsius..it was minus 11 three days ago...strange weather...

My car battery was completely gone...I hate having to drive in winter conditions..

I'm with you. I think I'll change my allegiance from human to squirrel and hibernate for a few months ! ( I know not all species hibernate, but I'll be one that does )

Hope you get your car sorted out. Bloody expensive things though, cars.

Car dead in middle of winter, stuck at at store, 5000 people all calling in to the same CAA lines during that day, 4 hour wait for a boost.

Not this year, but a past one.

Good ole montreal

:)

gogo

Yeah, but think of all the interesting people you meet in the queues, over-nighting at the airport, sitting in traffic jams ... all the new lifelong friendships made pushing people out of snowdrifts. Think positive you lot.

I can say that safely now that we are back home in front of the fire.

Edited by Bondbug

Yeah, but think of all the interesting people you meet in the queues, over-nighting at the airport, sitting in traffic jams ... all the new lifelong friendships made pushing people out of snowdrifts. Think positive you lot.

Good to hear from you Bondbug, and I'm glad that you made it home safe.

I like your take on this. It's happened to me a few times where me and my family had gotten stuck overnight in a strange airport and the only thing we had were the other passengers to hang out with. My mom was the inventive type and could always come up with games for us to play with, and sooner or later the other kids from the area would join in and before we knew, seemingly before we even wanted to...it was time to once again fly.

Simple, easy fun.

Childhood!

:bounce:

gogo

Deadly walking to/from from midnight mass last night.I went early for the extra carol service, but was a bit gutted that they did several of them in Latin ! The pavements were like an ice rink ! What is usually a 15 minute walk to my church took well over half an hour. At least I made it back without any bruises or breaks !

By the looks of it this morning, it's gonna take a blow torch to defrost my car, lol !

Steve. :)

Minus 5 Celsius, I believe, windchill at about minus 11, slightly overcast during parts of the day... I should make a correction. It wasn't a green holiday. It was a brown one. >.o;

lol, brown

Knuckles, hope you're holding out, let your net stay strong ... eek, if the net goes...tv? horrors!

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. on a good note here though, not too much snow last coupla days... deserved rest!

Steve: You should've tried couple of days before christmas and the eve here. Around -30 degrees celsius. That is way too cold... Really, for the love of the goddess, whoever made our ancestors migrate here from the warmth af Africa... Nearly froze my **s off when we took candles to the graves. dang...

Good thing is, not too much snow around here. And next thing to get exited is whether it's around that -30 on new years eve...

I might have lucked out with my cable gogo. A few weeks ago they mistakenly cut my cable while working on the poles. They came back the next day and ran a temp line on the ground to get me going. I've been nagging them for 2 weeks now to hang the cable, but I guess it's a good thing they haven't yet :D

Steve: You should've tried couple of days before christmas and the eve here. Around -30 degrees celsius. That is way too cold... Really, for the love of the goddess, whoever made our ancestors migrate here from the warmth af Africa... Nearly froze my **s off when we took candles to the graves. dang...

Good thing is, not too much snow around here. And next thing to get exited is whether it's around that -30 on new years eve...

Minus 30, that's just insane. I think I would spend the whole day cuddled up to the radiator, with the duvet wrapped around too.

Sad news on the local. They found 10 dead swans on the Somerset levels, and had to rescue 21 others who were both frozen and starving. I am gutted, as I love swans. :cry:

Edited by cider_steve

Sad news on the local. They found 10 dead swans on the Somerset levels, and had to rescue 21 others who were both frozen and starving. I am gutted, as I love swans. :cry:

Poor creatures, :( I love swans too.

I love swans too, there's a bunch that feed on these ponds near my parents house in the states. Some were kind of fierce, but they are very elegant, classy animals.

Sad to hear about this Steve

:(

gogo