Important Change To The Sacredwiki Sacred 2 Editor Button

EDIT: Made the same change to the S1 button. S1internallink.jpg

Heyas all. Just a quick heads up to let you know I've changed the functionality of the SacredWiki Sacred 2 Editor button. S2internallink.jpg

Before the change and when you used that button it would work something like this:

1. Highlight a word; "Orcish Byway"
  2. CTRL+C the highlighted word
  3. Click the Sacred 2 button S2internallink.jpg
  4. Highlighted word would become; "[[sacred 2:Orcish Byway|WIKIPAGENAME]]"
  5. Highlight "WIKIPAGENAME"
  6. CTRL+V to paste "Orcish Byway"

Which will give us:

[[Sacred 2:Orcish Byway|Orcish Byway]]

It was set up this way in order to provide the option of having the link read something other than the page name it was linking to. gogo asked me a while ago to change the function in a way that would skip the whole copy paste process and so here it is.

Now the steps required to do the same as mentioned above are as such:

2. Click the Sacred 2 button S2internallink.jpg

Which will give us:

[[Sacred 2:Orcish Byway|]]

That's it.

IF you wanted the link to say something other than what you highighted then these would be the steps:

3. Type what you want the link to read AFTER the | bar symbol like this:

Which will give us:

[[Sacred 2:Orcish Byway|Check out Orcish Byway!]]

From now on and for the most part all you'll need to do is:

[[Sacred 2:Orcish Byway|]]

Minus the Crayola colouring of course. ^^

You read my mind! I was trying to blaze as quickly as possible through all the set pieces, trying to link in item modifiers, and have fallen asleep a few times in a row now. You have granted me the greatest wish...making links is now like blinking then on by just highlighting and pressing the button.

Great work with this!

:)

gogo

Nice work!

Because you clearly have nothing to do Schot, I'm going to suggest when you type into the box, it auto completes the page names ;)

lol Steve. Someone's on a roll today. ^^

Any time the transition is made to a new software, there are always bumps in the road. So far this road here has been pretty smooth :D

Not that I'm any great software expert or anything but I have the same issue every time the software or firmware is updated for my equipment. At some point it stops being backward compatible to earlier models and then let the headaches commence

Ain't that the truth! I managed to at least hide most of the bumps along the way when we were shut down but there were still quite a lot. Definitely the Photobucket surprise was the most stressful I think. I had to make several choices that risked the stability of our wiki database in order to implement the wiki's own uploading and image display functions. I think I put a good 3 hours just learning the new upload new system and then writing the guide for it, lol. All good in the end. It will be a long while before we go through another major upgrade. I hope!

So much for backward comparability indeed.

Nice work!

Because you clearly have nothing to do Schot, I'm going to suggest when you type into the box, it auto completes the page names ;)

Awh see. Always thinking of me. :D That's a very good idea and I was thinking of something along that line when I got started today. The trick is that there isn't a box to type into on the wiki side. We just highlight the word and the button just adds the addtional link code around the highlighted text. I could set it up the way you suggest but it would take a little more time. Which of course I have plenty of, lol. I guess I'd need to create an input form and duplicate the value?

OMG

I never knew what the S1 and Sacred 2 buttons did :o

Gonna go have a little cry thinking of all the time I could have saved :Just_Cuz_21:

zomgod, LOL.. are you kidding me? You were writing in all your code all this time? :o Glad to see this come out then just in time.. and my respect for sticking to those hundreds of pages of projects friend!

::thumbsup:

gogo

Never even noticed them lol

It's not as bad as it sounds. I had been making my own templates and saving in Notepad. And then just copy/pasting from there. So I didn't waste too much time :D