Value Of The Various Aspect Lores/focuses

offshore33

I'm still fairly new to Sacred 2, and am currently playing a 30ish level Dryad in multiplayer with a few friends. I have been (ab)using the combination of the Magic Staff skill and Darting Assault to kill everything on the screen. Looking at the build I have kind of come to realize I don't really know how effective, long-term, the various Aspect Lores/Focuses are (I.e. Capricious Hunter Focus, Cabalistic Voodoo Lore/Focus [not really important in my build, but still interested in general,] and Nature Weaver Lore/Focus.)

In Hunter Focus, I don't seem to get much out it. I don't feed runes to any of the skills really, except Dust Devil which I haven't actually needed to use yet on this character. If I pump up the damage arts like DA, the regeneration time gets out of hand and doesn't really seem to scale well (I can spam 2 DAs now and do more damage than if I pumped it up to level 15 and could only do it once in the same time.) Sinister Predator bonuses don't seem to scale all that well compared to the hit in regens either.

For Nature Lore I see a big difference in the effectiveness of my Ancient Bark and Goldenglade Touch spells. Nature Focus allows a much higher level and more effective Acute Mind as well as a better Ancient Bark and Goldenglade Touch. I don't feed runes into any of the other abilities since they seem to, again, not scale well.

I'm wondering, however, if these impressions are due to not having higher level gear as well as not having an abundance of actual skill points. Somewhat related to these skills, I also wonder about eating runes for the various combat arts. Some seem to benefit from not using any (attacking ones like DA,) others seem to be fine well beyond the focus limit (I have eaten over 50 runes for Acute Mind and get over 1000 extra Int, and the difference in regen time is only a few seconds compared to if I kept it the focus limit where I'd be getting half the Int.)

Any opinions, experiences, or analyses?

Well.. Simply put, the various Lores add to the damage done by the combat arts linked to them. The focus has the primary benefit of taming those out of hand regen times. It's generally best to take them early in the game and add points to them to give your Combat Arts a boost.

The Lore and Focus skills also have one other benefit - invest enough points into them and you can unlock modification points you can use to make those CAs even more effective at what they're supposed to do. As an example, if you mod Darting Assault with say, Edged, Wounding and Rotate - you wind up with a seriously deadly CA. Add in the Dryad's special weapon - the blowgun/blowpipe - and you keep the regen for DA to a reasonable level, your dryad will be one serious killing machine. Throw in some life leech and I doubt there'd be too many mobs that could stop you - certainly not without a good fight.

on this build : Magic Staff skill and Darting Assault: you eat DA and RI(I think? cant remember its name-the 1 big hit!for Bosses) and let your RpH (regen per hit) instantly reset the regen timers..so you can spam them :)

only a small amount of RpH is needed as you hit alot of mobs like 0.3 at start untill you eat loads of runes.... VERY important! you need to have enuff enemy cant evade or -chance to evade rings/items stats

Edited by Bonan