What Phone Do You Have?

gogoblender

The phone I have now is actually my first :o lol, I got away for quite a while from having to answer anything/anyone that tried to reach me until work forced this one on me :P

Blackberry 8130

blackberry_pearl_8130_titanium_sku_67276.jpg

alas... the greed is quick upon me, and no sooner do you get used to the quick messaging and ability to chat with everyone on the planet than before you know it you're avidly hunting out a new phone.

I've sold out! :oooo:

I'm curious to see what the community's sporting, care to post a pic or link?

Maybe my next one will show up.

:)

goog

I've been on the Iphone for a few years now. Latest version is the Iphone 4

product-hero-iphone4.jpg

I would really check the fine priint on the contract if you go with this, seems customers don't get unlimited everything anymore.

Because I have had one for so long I got grandfathered in to keep my unlimited everything at the original prices.

But for me this phone is great and does everything I need.

Due to my work conditions I needed a super duper heavy duty one. So I got the Verizon/Casio GZone. I've already dropped it from 50 feet and it still works...might have to try 100 :D

phone.jpg

• Like! 1

Due to my work conditions I needed a super duper heavy duty one. So I got the Verizon/Casio GZone. I've already dropped it from 50 feet and it still works...might have to try 100 :D

phone.jpg

Thats one heck of a solid phone knuckles, gotta love it. These days you drop a phone from waist height and they're stuffed, 50 feet...they would probli be shattered into a million pieces :)

I have an iPhone too, a 3G S, so the version just before furians, fully jailbroken of course :)

hero-20101116.png

Edited by Dragon Brother

phone.jpg

That is a sick phone! lol Iphones are cool...but your GZone is SICK

I've never seen anything like it.

Does it do anything else besides? Swiss Army phone or something?

:D

gogo

One handy thing it does is the compass with gps :D I have to aim tower antennas all the time, and usually you cannot see what you're aiming at. Sooo much easier then using maps and trying to plot your exact heading. Wish the screen was bigger though. Oh and no keyboard for texting :o Which is no big deal for me since it's primarily used for work. I've noticed CEO's aren't big on texting for some reason :P

Mine is Samsung Player Star 2.

Enough gadgets for a thing I don't use :P There is no mobile-network reception where I live, so I only use it when I'm out of home.

Samsung_Player_Star_2.jpg

Edited by Woody

nokia-6600-slide-00.jpg

Nokia 6600 Slide

Earlier I had couple of Nokia's smart phones. Then I kinda got some sort of revelation and switched to this. I don't really need all that stuff in my phone.

And I'm an avid hater of I-phones. Sorry all fans! They just don't suit my fancy. And they're so sensitive.

Well, most of the new ones are.

6600 is kinda solid. Aluminium casing and all. Not nearly as tough as that Gzone. *shock* But this'll do for me. ^^

Can't use them at our house, allways forced to climb a hill or move around half of a hill. We use an old using telephon wires at home and in case a fallen tree breaks the wires, short wave radio and walkie talkies as reserve. Cellular phones can't be used at work when working with explosives too.

So what is left is working in forest (at least the places which are covered by mobile net), sales traveling (which I hate because it keeps me away from family) and being reachable which can't wait till I look at my email.

I got me a Sonim XP2 Spirit 3 weeks ago. It's not too small(can use it with gloves), european Tri Band( had to travel europe last 5 weeks so I bought one when I was frustrated of no net for my old one), robust and speakers are loud enough to listen in presence of motor saws.

I saw a german video about a phone (Sonim XP3) put in a washing machine at 70Celcius, cooked with spaghetti.... which made me browsing a bit.

And a video about people trying to destroy a Sonim XP2 Spirit:

Decided to go for the one in the second video. Better fitted to my hand size and I tried it with gloves. Still have to get used to it, haven't tried even half of the features yet. But I wanted few and big keys and I can work a bit on it: drilling one edge to allow opening beer bottles and shaping one edge into a sharp point: to smash car windows when sinking into a lake. Probably your emergency hammer is in the rear store room of the car and a plastic phone in your hands which can't smash a car window.

Edited by chattius

Aah, mine goes "Ring, ring" even if I bury it under a ton of stuff, put my fingers in my ears and go "Lalalalalala".

Phones are EVIL :evil: and anyone seen using one should be smashed to the ground and dragged off to aversion therapy until they repent!

I have a very old hand-me-down from my sister-in-law, after she upgraded. You can actually use it as a phone, hehe. So much going on today with these modern ones ( with cameras etc ) that the hardly seem like phones at all !

The only other mobile I have is even older than my present one, and still has a big ariel on top. That one is from around 1994. The one my sis-in-law gave me is around 10 years old.

I only have my mobile incase my car breaks down. Don't really use it otherwise.

nokia-6600-slide-00.jpg

Nokia 6600 Slide

Earlier I had couple of Nokia's smart phones. Then I kinda got some sort of revelation and switched to this. I don't really need all that stuff in my phone.

And I'm an avid hater of I-phones. Sorry all fans! They just don't suit my fancy. And they're so sensitive.

Well, most of the new ones are.

6600 is kinda solid. Aluminium casing and all. Not nearly as tough as that Gzone. *shock* But this'll do for me. ^^

Sharp looking phone. I keep thinking that the Iphone is tough to beat. But now, it's ubiquitous. Yes, it's ability to do wonderful things is still absolutely top notch, but just seeing that case everywhere all the time now, gets me looking at other interpretations of mobility.

I also love slide out keyboards. I saw a few or them on this thread. I now real keyboards are fast...but has anyone here with an Iphone gotten REALLY fast with an Iphone keyboard? The first real phone I probably ever buy for myself will probably be a smart phone. lol, they'll probably all be smart phones in a year or so ^^

Iphone or Droid...Droid or Iphone ... decisions, decisions

:)

gogo

There are a whole bunch of phones with no physical keyboards that you can type fast on...ive seen a few stories with people with different phones (iphones included) trying to one up each other when it comes to typing speed. I can type fairly fast with my iphone (legacy of sending to many sms' maybe:)) and any mistakes the auto correct fixes up pretty well and I assume most phones would do the same.

• 1 month later...

Let's revive the old thread a little, shall we. Just had to eat my words about getting a new phone. My operator had this great bargain, a full-fledged android for only 117€. That'll be an additional 5€ per month for the next 24 months, which is really cheap. Currently typing this my brand new ZTE Blade. It isn't quite like the more expensive HTC droids, but I'm quite pleased with it after a short test. (Got it yesterday)

And due some inexperience and technical issues, I couldn't post a pic of it, so here goes. ZTE-Blade-2.jpg

Edited by Stormwing

Personally I do not expect much from a phone more from his common uses which it was created for ;;p only need sms, serving as watch and thas all actually. :P Using old Sony Ericcson K550i for 3 years but thats all I need. Ah and usibng as torchlight also :D :D The light from camera is strong server well as a torchlight :D

SONY_ERICSSON_K550i.jpg

Edited by Elwin

I have a Droid X. I went with Droid over iPhone because iPhone is not Linux-friendly. It is to the point now that I only fire up my desktop once or twice a week, the rest of the time I just use my Droid.

I have a Droid X. I went with Droid over iPhone because iPhone is not Linux-friendly. It is to the point now that I only fire up my desktop once or twice a week, the rest of the time I just use my Droid.

wow

That kind of a switch is really saying something about how truly useful the new product it.

Can you tell/show which droid phone you have? And why is Linux so important to you... is it something you were really using a lot on your comp and so had to have in your phone?

Any advantages?

And...how does Darkmatters look on it

:P

gogo

Droid X link

Linux is the operating system that my desktop runs (as opposed to Windows). iPhones require you to install a program on your pc, but that program only runs on Windows or Mac. Droid does everything online, so it works fine.

This site had a mobile skin (or theme) that works fine. On the wiki, the menu that should appear on the left actually appears below the main content. The wiki map works but gets kind of interesting on the small screen.

Edit:

How I use my Droid

90% of what I used my pc for was email and web browsing. My Droid does both well.

Last weekend, I went with my sister to a show in St Louis, the GPS on my Droid got us to the theater.

Use the last of the eggs from the fridge? That goes on to the shopping list I keep on my Droid.

Got tickets for a show? That goes in to the calendar so I do not forget it or make other plans.

See a movie poster that looks interesting? Look up the movie on the IMDB app and view the trailer.

Yes. For me my Droid was a life-changer.

Edited by lujate

Droid X link

Linux is the operating system that my desktop runs (as opposed to Windows). iPhones require you to install a program on your pc, but that program only runs on Windows or Mac. Droid does everything online, so it works fine.

This site had a mobile skin (or theme) that works fine. On the wiki, the menu that should appear on the left actually appears below the main content. The wiki map works but gets kind of interesting on the small screen.

Edit:

How I use my Droid

90% of what I used my pc for was email and web browsing. My Droid does both well.

Last weekend, I went with my sister to a show in St Louis, the GPS on my Droid got us to the theater.

Use the last of the eggs from the fridge? That goes on to the shopping list I keep on my Droid.

Got tickets for a show? That goes in to the calendar so I do not forget it or make other plans.

See a movie poster that looks interesting? Look up the movie on the IMDB app and view the trailer.

Yes. For me my Droid was a life-changer.

If you had windows would you have gotten an iPhone? Sounds like what you use it for could be done just as easily on the iPhone, or any other smartphone for that matter.

I am sure that the actual differences between the Droid and iPhone are pretty small. Before, I had a Palm smart phone and it could not hold a candle to my Droid X.

Going with the Droid meant that I had to change service providers, which I really did not want to do, so if not for the pc requirements, I would likely have gone with the iPhone.