What Phone Do You Have?

gogoblender

My older sister ordered a Panasonic CM1. I don't know if it is a camera or a phone. She works as a 'detective' for an insurance company and has to do photos a lot. She is taller than me and dislikes too small phones. So her company allowed her to order a CM1. I tried one at Photokina. For my big hands it feels right and it is a lot more camera than every smartphone I tried so far. But it isn't cheap, probably around 900-1000 euro.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/130959-hands-on-panasonic-lumix-cm1-review-is-it-a-camera-is-it-a-phone-it-s-a-bit-of-both

panasonic_cm1_analisis_1.jpg

• 2 months later...

I can upgrade to a new phone. My service provider notified me a week ago, and I am so over the apple I phone.

I'm not sure which one I want but I want music orientated smart phone. Because I listen to music on my phone all the time. And somethin with a decent batery life. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delta!

• Like! 1

I can upgrade to a new phone. My service provider notified me a week ago, and I am so over the apple I phone.

I'm not sure which one I want but I want music orientated smart phone. Because I listen to music on my phone all the time. And somethin with a decent batery life. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delta!

I have a nexus 5

Lovin it!

Though I've heard that peeps with Samsung 5's have done well using it for listening

:)

gogo

And it is less frustrating:

you can throw a 3 dollar calculator at the wall if you miscalculated, but you can't calm down with a phone because there is too much data on it to loose it breaking it at a frustrated wall throw ;)

The old calculators had this certain feeling at key pressing which a touch screen will never have:

34c3q.jpg

Saw a guy at work pull a calculator out of his desk that looked kind of like that. I asked him if it ran on 9V batteries. :D

I looked at some recent smart phone releases and comparisons on youtube, and from what differenn people have said... And one hat caught my attention the whole time is the Sony Xperia Z3...

Anyone seen one in action?

Delta!

• Like! 1

I looked at some recent smart phone releases and comparisons on youtube, and from what differenn people have said... And one hat caught my attention the whole time is the Sony Xperia Z3...

Anyone seen one in action?

Delta!

Do you take contracts Theuns? How long are they for in SA... two or three years? Here in Canada, contracts used to be three years but the CRTC has mandated change to two years only.

Funnily enuff, whereas in rest of world almost everyone buys their phones, here in Canada, the three big companies put almost every on contracts to subsidize the phones over that period of time.

:blink:

gogo

I am on a 2year contract and was notified by MTN(the service provider) that I can go for an upgrade. They ussualy allow upgrades at the 22month mark, but I want to migrate to Vodacom, a better service provider, then I'll have to finish the 24 months. In SA it is split qute evenly between contracts and prepaid... When I was in primary school, we moved to another house and my dad never had a new phone line activated. My mom started worrying that she can't reach the kids when we are at home, so my oldest sister got a cellphone one contract, that we where suppose to share, but that never happened. The following year my middle sis got a phoneon contract. I wasn't fussed, didn't want that responsibility. But a year later I got a prepaid phone. A hand me down from my dad. Nokia 6510 I think one of the first infrared phones. I got a contract phone about 2 and half years later, 2002winter. And have been on contract ever since with the same number. We have never had landlines again and we are all fine with it.

Delta

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Lujate you meanie :D I have a terrible track record with phones. Currently, I'm playing with my Motorola Moto G. Not a fan. I'm not much into Apple gear, but I love the size of their older phones... As in pre-gen 6.

I recently got an iPhone 6P and still don't really know why. The default data plan was a TerraByte/ month which I quickly decreased to 500 GB since I don't really plan to use Phone data services. I've hardly used it at all since I got it. :wacko:

Oh, the most calls I've received so far (by number of calls) are from spammers and Telemarketers. I had a cell phone years ago and never really used it, why did I think anything had changed now? :(

• Like! 1

I have an iPhone and was just enthralled by it and learning so much and useful apps. My knowledge has leveled off though. But I use it a ton.

Which model do you have Claudius?

:)

gogo

gogo I have the iPhone 6 with a big screen. That is nice because it has a big enough screen to use as a kindle. Also I don't have great vision and a little shaky hands (but I could still play sacred). For me the bigger screen definitely worth it.

I recently got an iPhone 6P

An iphone 6?

No, an iPhone 6P, as in plus, with the 5.5" display.

I have fat-fingers and need the extra real estate.

I finally found a use for my iPhone BTW. I have started solving jigsaw puzzles on it. Really useful. For the amount I'm paying for the phone, I could have bought out a stores entire stock of jigsaw puzzles!

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1

I got 64 GB because I never planned on doing more than using it as a cell phone but wanted a little room for expansion, just in case. Good thing since I'm now loaded down with jigsaw puzzles ... :dry:

Wouldn't you know that my house is in a dead zone. If I want to use the phone I used to have to step outside and shift around until I could get enough signal strength to make a call! I complained about it and they gave me a signal repeater which hooks into my LAN.

Now I can sit in my dungeon which is basically a Faraday Cage and get 5 bars of signal strength.

• Like! 1

Wouldn't you know that my house is in a dead zone. If I want to use the phone I used to have to step outside and shift around until I could get enough signal strength to make a call!

sounds familiar! :D we could do mobile calls inside, but with a bad quality (usually one bar). our village isn't in a dead zone at all. mobile cells from all big providers are nearby, the one from my only around 200 m...

gogo I am 1 GB memory:) is that right or is it my bandwidth with ATT? So lost. I used a ton of it in the first month I had my phone so I thought I had to buy more but then didn't use so changed my plan again. The REALLY cool thing is I used ATT app to make the changes to my plan rather than be on hold 20 minutes.