What Phone Do You Have?

gogoblender

I am sure that the actual differences between the Droid and iPhone are pretty small. Before, I had a Palm smart phone and it could not hold a candle to my Droid X.

Going with the Droid meant that I had to change service providers, which I really did not want to do, so if not for the pc requirements, I would likely have gone with the iPhone.

Changing providers can be annoying, you lose any loyalty benefits you may have had, new contracts, new plans...all annoying.

nexus-one-1269816018-806.jpg

I got a Nexus One about 6 months ago after having 2 Iphones and have to say that I love Android.

You can do so much more with it and there are many different roms you can install.

I currently have a Nokia N97, and I love it! never thought I would go for a touch screen phone, but it has a very nice qwerty keyboard that flips out. Has 32gb built in memory, and can put a 16gb memory card in. (my first pc only had a 20gb hdd) and 128mb ram, use Symbian OS S60 5th edition software

post-15332-0-04665000-1296902412_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

My trusty N97 died a week or two ago, and I urgently had to get an upgrade, but what do I do? I love the touchscreen, but I cant type fast enough on it, I don't want a phone that only has a qwerty keyboard, and no touchscreen. So I got the Nokia E7, at least it was available on the contract that I have.

16g built in memory, a built in battery(was a very strange thing for me...) an HDMI port, big touchscreen and a flip out qwerty keyboard, an 8mp camera, that can take HDMI videos, and you can have 3 home screens(also a new thing). the new one is flatter, but longer and broader than the N97, but at least still fits in most of my pockets. Overall not a bad upgrade. :thumbsup:

post-15332-0-65770200-1330969478_thumb.jpg

Delta!

It's beautiful! Interesting what you have to say about touch screen...I found that usually on touch screen I can type much faster. My phone (awful cheap one :oooo: has no touch screen, and lately I've been finding that it's been having problems with keeping up with my type speed, though this is probably the processor of the phone...tempting to upgrade though.

Your has some interesting capacitiies...is that a huge touchscreen PLUS qwerty?

Built in battery, kinda like iphone?

:)

gogo

Gogo: While on the work practice, I put E7 ready for my boss. And yes, it's teaming with qwerty and touchscreen. Kinda nice, when you don't want to go full touch. Found it, kinda, funny, that I'm more natural with touchscreen. While my typing speed on normal keyb is much faster, I'm struggling with the phone qwerty.

Guess I've played a tad too much with my Galaxy Sacred 2. :P Which is, btw, helluva nice piece of phone. Has kept up with me on those horrendous -30C frosts, whereas iPhones would just freeze over, or, possibly break out. :o

My oldest was tired of endless talks about all the new features the new phones of her classmates had. And as soon someone had a new the then uptodate ones were suddenly outdated. So she got a second hand John's phone for 10 euro and is happy with it. Terrible pink so that no boy would ever touch it, no SMS, no camera, no need to download apps, says she is saving half an hour each day.

1c7f25fdef222e92f1fa33e1e9934657_view.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good laugh at TV when daugther did a funny response. A report said that Nokia has patent on progammable magnetic ink. Used for tattoos you can have your tattoos vibrate if your phone rings. Different tattoos for fifferent callers is just a programming thing. But as our oldet said, imagine a tattoo at a very delicate place, next generation of telephon sexx:)

Chattius: Yep, read about that couple of days back. Could be kinda handy. I've missed few calls when in crowded areas, even though phone's been on wibe and sound.

And about that later statement; there'd be punch of quite quirky times with tattoos like that. :P

... care to post a pic or link? ...
I can't. I used to have one that I got so my mother would be able to get in touch with me no matter where she was. Unfortunately when I went down to Florida to give her hers, she had a stroke and died shortly after. Mine is now collecting dust somewhere in my computer dungeon having not been used after the initial contract ran out.

Casio Boulder

51v0T%2B%2BU-oL.jpg

Properly named. I have on many occasion dropped this phone. The phone itself cant really do much like a Droid for example. It can however take a beating! Which is fine for my standards.

I only ever use a phone to make & recieve phone calls.

Who would have thought? :D

I remain, :whistle:

• Like! 1

Iphone 4S. I guess I dont have to post a picture with the tons of advertising around!! lol

Nothing against droid phones especially those Galaxy's which are said to be superior but I just don't like the way they look. Iphone 4S looks classier and more sleek for me. The performance ain't that bad too.

My oldest was tired of endless talks about all the new features the new phones of her classmates had. And as soon someone had a new the then uptodate ones were suddenly outdated. So she got a second hand John's phone for 10 euro and is happy with it. Terrible pink so that no boy would ever touch it, no SMS, no camera, no need to download apps, says she is saving half an hour each day.

1c7f25fdef222e92f1fa33e1e9934657_view.jpg

Omgod, I LOVE THIS PHONE.

I've never seen it, and I just spent the whole day showing people thejohn's phone website, it's just sick looking phone!

Check out the golden limited edition one...comes with a pencil!

gold_limited.jpg

:dance:

gogo

p.s.heh, Eth, yer phone is built like a tank... bet it could survive a fall off a high rise :blink:

I have one with a bit of a novelty, HTC Evo 3D...has a glasses free 3D screen which is pretty cool, can watch/take 3D pictures and movies and no need for any crazy glasses :) Pretty decent phone too.

278661.png

johns-phone-800-dsc6112pen--engadget.jpg

The back of the John's holds a pencil and a booklet. So you can write down phone number, play tic tac toe or Sprouts....

Actually sprouts is a funny little game to be payed with pen and paper , more challenging than tic tac toe but as easy rules.

All you need for sprouts is a pen and paper. And do challenge our second you have to start with more than 4 points ;)

To play sprouts you have jut to make a few dots on paper and then draw lines from a dot=sprout to another. When we were 13 or 14 our math teacher introduced th game to us when we were at school camp and run into the second week of rain, so we tried everything to escape boredom.

• 1 month later...

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73904/blizzard-investigating-diablo-3-account-hack-reports

Do we have to consider the games we play on our computer to choose a fitting phone? European diablo3 servers seem to suffer from account hacks and the authenfication apps blizzards offers are not running on our phones. So buying diablo3 is currently a nogo :( Add that playing needs internet access and internet access is problematic (radio link to firefighter tower in village) at bad weather which would be main time playing online and not a sport outdoors :(