New To Ogame

Hey guys after resisting all temptations to investigate Ogame for years, I have finally given it a try. It seems interesting although slow, but I suppose that will all change once it gets up and running properly.

I am in Gemini universe and still doing the tutorials at the moment. Any advice guys and galls?

wow, Podgie yer in. lol, I so gave up on this game after close to two years of the O'crack. D.a.r.k was one of the most powerful alliances in the universe back then. All that crazy excitement, drama... so much...iti's hard to believe just plain old stratey and timers can get hundreds of thousands of peeps playing.

I'm pretty sure what I know about the game is old hat, and is probably of little use. Ike, one of our clan members wrote a ton of guides. He was the captain grandmaster, and with our alliance we were able to pull off (the then)

Largest IPM Launch in all of Ogame.Org History D.a.r.k. V.S. Eleanor

yeah great memories. I'm not going back :4rofl: Good luck with game, and I'm hoping that some of the players who're still in game can offer some advice.

gluck

:)

gogo

...... I so gave up on this game after close to two years of the O'crack.

..... I'm not going back

..... gluck

gogo

You're worrying me a lttle here Gogo. Is this one of those "Be very afraid" warnings about what the game does to you and your sanity? Should I be running for the hills now, before it's too late? :twitch:

Edited by podgie_bear

I've read through a couple of pages in that link there gogo, and I must say I have no clue what the deal was at all :Just_Cuz_21:

I feel the same...although I love the effort and team work shown in getting revenge on the person who snubbed you guys...

You're worrying me a lttle here Gogo. Is this one of those "Be very afraid" warnings about what the game does to you and your sanity? Should I be running for the hills now, before it's too late? :twitch:

Ogame's pretty intense. Imagine paying a single game of HC for two years, and never going to sleep.

Yeah, it's that addictive

I've read through a couple of pages in that link there gogo, and I must say I have no clue what the deal was at all :Just_Cuz_21:

I feel the same...although I love the effort and team work shown in getting revenge on the person who snubbed you guys...

We had all come off or original Sacred Underworld, and the Official forums were shrinking down. Dagirl (moderator there) Carolyn Hacker later, started her own forum, Dagirl World. A bunch of us form the SIF migrated over, and for a simple little forum, we sure had a lot of fun. That was where the Ogame bug was caught. Four of us from Dagirl World were in a clan and we had no forums in those days, just the built in messaging system that comes with Ogame. Alone, just the four, and no forum, Indy 13 mentioned that there were free forums given away by invision free. We got it going on Christmas I think and a few weeks later, DarkMatters was born.

that huge strike was something special. D.a.r.k was known as being honor bound, perhaps a little stiff in it's way, head up high and never getting dirty. But this "snub" was just to much too take. It took close to a month to secretly move planets into range, and move resources to the IPm launchers. Claire, (Admin then) put together an impromptu IRC Chatroom for all the members, and on teh day of reckoning all of us crammed in , started hooting and launched.

The rest is history.

gogo

I've never heard of it, tbh.

Can anyone fill me in, please ?

If you're brave, type in ogame.org into your browser and click if you dare.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

gogo

Lol, thanks for the tip Gogo.

Is that an eye browser...............geez, that sounded better in my head !! :whistle:

Ogame never stops. And the higher in level you get to, the higher the chances there are of you getting crashed by a higher level player. It's a player eat player world. This was another reason why we wanted to move away from it. Kind of against community ethos we were interesed in building. Good for a while to to get the blood and community going, but we tapered off with the violence once we got to Sacred 2

:4rofl:

gogo

I got to admit I am enjoying the building and researching, but not sure if I fancy the idea of constantly being under threat of having to trash people or be trashed by them.

Maybe I should pull out before it becomes too addictive and find another game where I can build to my hearts content without the constant arms race. If one exists, that is.

arms race

You hit it on the head.

Pretty profound two words there.

lol, I was at a staff Christmas party last night, and one of the guys was chatting about how so into this free game he's playing is that he just picked up ... Ogame

:P

gogo

Hmmm. Maybe I should quit, but I just want to see how much deuterium my new facility is producing....... :Just_Cuz_21:

Argghhhhh! help, help, I've been infected with ogameitis, what's the cure? : :twitch:

A large dose of Sacred 2, to be taken 3 times a day.

Thank you doctor Gogowitz, you saved my life. :bow:

Edited by podgie_bear
  • 2 weeks later...

oh no another one getting addicted to Ocrack Run now run away very very fast save your selves

I did run and actually managed to escape safely. But there are all these tempations out there in the way of free to play games. Oh the choices! Thanks goodness for this community, at least we can ask around here and it is almost guaranteed that someone here will have tried it and be able to give advice (even if it is only run for the hills!).