Sacred Gold (Underworld Included) - $5 At Gog

I noticed today that a LOT of the titles that GoG has on the catalog are going on sale. One of which is Sacred Gold which has both Sacred + the Underworld expansion. I don't know how long the sale goes on for, so if anybody wants a digital copy of the game GoG is a pretty cheap way.

Not a bad price at all.

Sacred is so old though, will it run on Vista or Windows 7?

Yes.. Runs fine on Windows 7 as well.

For what it's worth, Microsoft did a bang up job making Windows 7 very good at backwards compatability... Heck, I was able to play Castle of the Winds (parts 1 and 2) from start to finish - without so much as a hiccup, belch or crash. That would make it more backwardly compatible with Windows 3.11 than even Windows 3.11 or any version up to and including XP. That game is from 1992-1993 or so if that tells you anything.

That's great deal. Guess I should check 'em up for some other ones. Already have that Sacred.

Wolfie: Wow, that brings back some memories. Should try to find those games from somewhere. :P

That's great deal. Guess I should check 'em up for some other ones. Already have that Sacred.

Wolfie: Wow, that brings back some memories. Should try to find those games from somewhere. :P

Not so sure it's still commercially available. It's pretty much abandonware. There are free links for the game (both parts) all over the place.

Sigh...it cost me $60 aussie (basically 60 us at ther moment but was closer to 90 us back then) to buy the original and expansion separately on discs...and now I could get both for nothing...

Ack! But back then, it was shiny and new and now - not so much. That's what happens when you buy games when they first come out. You pay full price. It's just like buying a car. You want the latest and greatest 2012 model? No problem! It'll only cost you an arm and a leg. Wait a few years for the depreciation to kick in and they suddenly become a LOT cheaper. Such is life..

Sigh...it cost me $60 aussie (basically 60 us at ther moment but was closer to 90 us back then) to buy the original and expansion separately on discs...and now I could get both for nothing...

Ack! But back then, it was shiny and new and now - not so much. That's what happens when you buy games when they first come out. You pay full price. It's just like buying a car. You want the latest and greatest 2012 model? No problem! It'll only cost you an arm and a leg. Wait a few years for the depreciation to kick in and they suddenly become a LOT cheaper. Such is life..

Actually they were a couple of years old when I bought them...most games are released at approx. 80-90 aussie dollars...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...