New Guy Here - About Magical Hiding Places

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Hi, people.

Also, in the interest of furthering the collected knowledge of Sacred 2, I'd like to point out that any given Magical Hiding Place (henceforth known as a 'MHP') will always give the same quality of item.....at least as far as I've noticed in so many instances of Free World.

Please note that I have tested Example One with:

A character that DID NOT have Enhanced Perception,

and

A character that DID (but didn't have it mastered).

-----

Example One: The place where you start in Free World (Isle of Many Roads? The name escapes me at the moment, and the Map of Ancaria doesn't list it...): Head towards the teleporation portal. You'll notice there's a path that continues on past it. If you follow this path, it'll lead to being on top of that cave that has all the portals in it. In many instances of Free World (1/2 to 2/3 of them) there has been a MHP here. However, I've noticed that everytime there WAS a MHP there, it was always a

2-star item (not sure what this equates to on the PC. Random Unique?). After I noticed this, I started noticed drop quality patterns in other MHPs.

Example Two: Same as the first, but this time stop following the path when it hits the bench at the beach. There's rarely a MHP here, which is fine, because it's always junk (zero stars).

Example Three: Outside Kufferath Castle, there is a shrine for Kuan. Behind Kuan's statue, there is occasionally a MHP. Whenever there is, I've always noted the resulting item as being 2-star.

-----

So, assuming that I am not just having incredible luck with certain MHPs, there are two important questions to be posed:

What is the effect of Enhanced Perception Mastery on MHPs? More drops? Better drops?

And perhaps more importantly, are there MHPs that give out Uniques, or better yet, LEGENDARIES?

P.S.

I'm sorry if all this is already known, but I've been lurking for some time now and have yet to see it mentioned.

Welcome MITZE, good to have you on the forums.

I have seen the ones on the start island drop cash, whites, blues and yellows. From memory I have never seen anything above a yellow (I think that's 2 stars) drop out of a hidden spot.

I am pretty sure EP would increase your chances to find better quality gear. It would seem counter intuitive (from a development perspective) for the secret spots to be anything other than an invisible chest.

Hey I've got a dryad that I just run desert and put all points on basicaly enhanced perception and on bargaining and I've had 3 star items. :) I've had 3 star items out of chests and everything. I don't know if I'm just lucky or if my enhanced perception actualy does something. My enhanced perception level is 350. Bare in mind, I've never had 3 star items out of chests/MHP's on any other char.

@dreeft: While I agree that it doesn't make sense programming-wise for it to work this way, I AM noticing a pattern. Example One? It's gotten to the point where I run to it whenever I start a new instance of Free World. As far as I recall, Example One has never failed to give me a ** item whenever there was a MHP there. I even did some quick testing with a Level 1 High Elf! In ~10 instances of Free World, a MHP was at Example One roughly half of the time. Whenever there was a MHP there, it was always a ** item. Whether all MHPs follow a pattern, or only certain ones do, I do not know. But I AM noticing a pattern!

Perhaps someone on the PC could do some quick testing of their own?

Also, thanks for the welcome, everyone.