Info Needed Wrt Bargaining Please.

I am currently at work so cannot test this. But what happens if you socket a level 80 ring in a level 30 armour? Does the level requirement of the piece go up to level 80? If so, you have to have a shopper around the same level as your current character to supply him with goodies?

For instance if I want to play a shadow warrior I need a high elf to shop for me? Five level's SW then 5 level's HE etc.

I am currently at work so cannot test this. But what happens if you socket a level 80 ring in a level 30 armour? Does the level requirement of the piece go up to level 80? If so, you have to have a shopper around the same level as your current character to supply him with goodies?

For instance if I want to play a shadow warrior I need a high elf to shop for me? Five level's SW then 5 level's HE etc.

Well.. It's been my experience that you would want to socket rings and amulets that are at least in the ballpark of the same level as the armor you're forging into. If you were to socket a level 80 ring into a level 30 chestplate, for instance, it would indeed raise the level of the armor. Haven't tried that big a gap, but I've had level 45 armor go to level 47 with the addition of a ring and if I recall correctly, it was a level 47 ring - so it would seem that it would raise the armor to the level of the forged item.

I just double-checked with my Temple Guardian who has a few socketed items - and it indeed rasies the level of the armor to the forged item's level.

Keep in mind one thing - while it DOES give your old armor a bit of a boost, it still doesn't upgrade the armor's existing mods. So if you've got a level 30 set item's chestplate, and it has say, +15 life leech on it, the level 75 version of the same armor will have a higher LL mod.

Not to mention it may cost a small fortune to forge the level 80 ring into that armor. Might want to hold off on buying until you find a better copy.

Oh... As far as bargainer characters go, yes, you DO want to have them either level with you, OR, at least, have a few of them so you've got 'em spaced out at say, every 10 - 15 levels.

Edited by wolfie2kX

If you play on pc then yes, socketing amulets/rings into gear will raise the level of the item to the highest level of the items you socket into it. Therefore for a shopper to be effective they need to be at the same level as the character they shop for.

To complete the info in this thread, if you are playing on console there are no limits to the level of item you can socket. If you socket a level 80 ring into level 30 gear, it will stay level 30 but get the level 80 modifiers.