Sacred 2 - One Of The Only Hd Console Games Made

I'm back from holidays and scouting around the forums, seeing some headlines that have taken my fancy, and caught this lovely nugget posted by our friend Dobster over at the SIF to an article over at Crunchgear that was running some tests on HD games for console. The supposed era of HD for the gaming masses never came, and has left instead only four games chosen to shine on top

1920×1080: Fifa Street 3

NBA Street Home Court (the demo!)

and... dom dom dom ...

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel!

Take a bow Sacred 2 as we celebrate the glories of playing in 1920×1080!

:)

gogo

Weird, I have Fifa Street 3 and NBA Street Home Court (along with Sacred 2) for 360.

I didn't even realise Sacred 2 could do that, I'll have to check it out. It looks nice via HDMI to my PC ;)

wow I just looked at the back of all my games and with the exception of 3 (Battlefield Bad Company 2, Demon's Souls and Fallout New Vegas) I'm able to play all my games in full 1080p and Sacred 2 is the best one out of those.

All newer XBOX360 and PS3 should be compatible with 720P or 1080P. However, they may not all actually render at that resolution. Part of the reason Sacred2 has a lot of load waitssad.gif and frame rate drops is because it actually renders at a higher resolution. It looks very Impressive, but game play may actually suffer in action sequences. Games that require lightning reflexes like COD or Halo won't be able to render at those resolutions. Those games would definitely look good, but it would be so slow it would make playing a FPS crappy.. the next generation of consoles should offer much better rendering.

wow I just looked at the back of all my games and with the exception of 3 (Battlefield Bad Company 2, Demon's Souls and Fallout New Vegas) I'm able to play all my games in full 1080p and Sacred 2 is the best one out of those.
All newer XBOX360 and PS3 should be compatible with 720P or 1080P. However, they may not all actually render at that resolution. Part of the reason Sacred2 has a lot of load waitssad.gif and frame rate drops is because it actually renders at a higher resolution. It looks very Impressive, but game play may actually suffer in action sequences. Games that require lightning reflexes like COD or Halo won't be able to render at those resolutions. Those games would definitely look good, but it would be so slow it would make playing a FPS crappy.. the next generation of consoles should offer much better rendering.

yeah I knew that. :P out of my HD games only 2 render in full HD.