Jack Karrow Adventure Tours Quest

I've been trying to keep this guy alive FOREVER. I've explored most of Bangaresh with him and NOTHING. No result!

When I select the quest it shows up with a circle around the 'customer', which doesn't tell me where I need to go. When I deselect, it shows up back over Jack Karrow. Nothing tells me where I need to go!

When I got the East Turbak, it said something like "yay a real fort, let's GO!" but looking in the journal, nothing seems to have updated.

One of the next places I tried to go was south, where there is a lot of scorpions. I went into a temple thing that had statues of giant scorpions. There's a big arena at the end of the temple, with a resurrection monolith. I guess this is where you have to battle a giant scorpion? I didn't activate the resurrection monolith, does that matter? Also the portal there does NOTHING. Finally, No giant scorpion appeared. My map now has a picture of a red giant scorpion on that area, the same way it has a giant red dragon in the far east of Bangaresh where I slew a big a ss dragon. (I had to keep the customer alive during that battle too!)

What am I meant to do? Where am I meant to take this guy? I read something about buried treasure we have to find, but I have no idea where.

Also Melindor died and so did the author in 'new book' quests. Did I miss any very special rewards? What will I lose if this quest is too bugged to complete?

Edited by Lithocardia

I've been trying to keep this guy alive FOREVER. I've explored most of Bangaresh with him and NOTHING. No result!

When I select the quest it shows up with a circle around the 'customer', which doesn't tell me where I need to go. When I deselect, it shows up back over Jack Karrow. Nothing tells me where I need to go!

When I got the East Turbak, it said something like "yay a real fort, let's GO!" but looking in the journal, nothing seems to have updated.

One of the next places I tried to go was south, where there is a lot of scorpions. I went into a temple thing that had statues of giant scorpions. There's a big arena at the end of the temple, with a resurrection monolith. I guess this is where you have to battle a giant scorpion? I didn't activate the resurrection monolith, does that matter? Also the portal there does NOTHING. Finally, No giant scorpion appeared. My map now has a picture of a red giant scorpion on that area, the same way it has a giant red dragon in the far east of Bangaresh where I slew a big a ss dragon. (I had to keep the customer alive during that battle too!)

What am I meant to do? Where am I meant to take this guy? I read something about buried treasure we have to find, but I have no idea where.

Also Melindor died and so did the author in 'new book' quests. Did I miss any very special rewards? What will I lose if this quest is too bugged to complete?

Welcome to DarkMatters!

What version of Sacred 2 are you on?

Egad... You managed to survive with the customer dude in the Garganthropod's lair!?! That is pretty impressive!

Ok.. You're supposed to go from the beach to East Turbak. From there, you're supposed to go back down to the beach - down to the southern end of it. There's a small island there which you're supposed to cross a small bridge to get to and there you will find a small chest with some goodies. Once you've gotten the goodies, you head back to Capt Jack and lose the annoying little bugger of a "customer".

As far as quest rewards go... Can't recall anything super spectacular being dropped by either one. It all depends on your bargaining and EP skills and how high they happen to be. You may wind up losing a set item or two along with the usual stuff you pick up as quest rewards if either are on the high side. But that's about it.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

What version of Sacred 2 are you on?

Egad... You managed to survive with the customer dude in the Garganthropod's lair!?! That is pretty impressive!

Ok.. You're supposed to go from the beach to East Turbak. From there, you're supposed to go back down to the beach - down to the southern end of it. There's a small island there which you're supposed to cross a small bridge to get to and there you will find a small chest with some goodies. Once you've gotten the goodies, you head back to Capt Jack and lose the annoying little bugger of a "customer".

As far as quest rewards go... Can't recall anything super spectacular being dropped by either one. It all depends on your bargaining and EP skills and how high they happen to be. You may wind up losing a set item or two along with the usual stuff you pick up as quest rewards if either are on the high side. But that's about it.

Oh wow, thank you SO much! I have the expansion ice and blood installed. I think I'm using the minimum update for that to work. Does 2.40 sound about right? I can check if it really matters.

I'm cheating a bit. If the customer dies I alt tab out and close down manually. That way I get extra chances to keep him alive. I'm also switching to the BFG and blasting everything out of the way. I was level 20 when I accidentally stumbled through a cave at the port of the first area (elven area) into the desert. I've just been walking around using mentor potions to level up and trying to work out where to leave the customer. I failed the quest 'new books' because the author died just as I entered a cave, which meant the game saved. I also lost melindor earlier, before I worked out how the game worked. It's really annoying to me to fail a quest.

The biggest irritation I have is taht before I worked out the game I didn't realise I had to pick up rewards! Not many games drop rewards on the ground and expect you to pick them up. I bet I've missed so many good things! I was level 20 almost before I realised I'd been missing rewards that way LOL.

Oh wow, thank you SO much! I have the expansion ice and blood installed. I think I'm using the minimum update for that to work. Does 2.40 sound about right? I can check if it really matters.

I'm cheating a bit. If the customer dies I alt tab out and close down manually. That way I get extra chances to keep him alive. I'm also switching to the BFG and blasting everything out of the way. I was level 20 when I accidentally stumbled through a cave at the port of the first area (elven area) into the desert. I've just been walking around using mentor potions to level up and trying to work out where to leave the customer. I failed the quest 'new books' because the author died just as I entered a cave, which meant the game saved. I also lost melindor earlier, before I worked out how the game worked. It's really annoying to me to fail a quest.

The biggest irritation I have is taht before I worked out the game I didn't realise I had to pick up rewards! Not many games drop rewards on the ground and expect you to pick them up. I bet I've missed so many good things! I was level 20 almost before I realised I'd been missing rewards that way LOL.

You're welcome...

No.. 2.40 is pre-ice and blood. Ice and Blood raises the base game to 2.64.0 and there have been 2 patches since then (2.65.1 and 2.65.2). It's generally recommended to get 2.65.2. Are you on the UK or EU version?

Ack... Well... Now you know better! Be aware that some quest rewards don't drop - stuff like Gold. That seems to make it directly into your pack directly - MOST of the time. On rare occasions, the quest giver drops the bag of gold on the ground. Makes it difficult to know if you got paid or not sometimes but oh well...

Heya,

don't worry about having missed out on much, sets will have been dropping starting from level 15. The early uniques are also not that big of a deal.

Now that you know, you can start collecting your treasure!

Have fun!

Greetz

Thanks for the greetz all! Hope you're having a great Christmas (step away from the computer)... (it's Chrissie night already here in Aussie land and the kids are alseep)

Okay, I'm playing 2.6.4

If I upgrade will it fix that damn glitch where any underground quest shows up on the map as being in the nearest cave/sewer entrance? That's driving me nuts but otherwise not TOO many glitches.

Thank you again for your help. I found the island and dragged the idiot there and guess what! After spending DAYS dragging that guy all over Bangaresh and COUNTLESS wasted hours (after having to reload because he died) and HUNDREDS of wasted health potions used.... I got NOTHING for the quest reward. If he died, you get a bag of worthless fools gold (and maybe no experience?). If he lives Jack Karrow says 'sorry I don't have much to give you, he paid me in fool's gold' and you get just over 3k experience. What a let down. Also it turned out I'd already been to that island. I had missed the treasure as it just looked like a normal loot drop.

Edited by Lithocardia

Jack Karrow... hey..is this a reference to Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Carribean series? A Sacred 2 Easter Egg?

:)

gogo

Well... Given the guy in the game dresses like a pirate captain, I'd have to go along with that. For some reason, I thought that'd be an obvious one and would be in the Easter Egg page by now. It certainly isn't the first time it's been brought up. There's another post with a similar issue from August. I pretty much laid out the entire quest there as well.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • 2 weeks later...

Would you really bother calling that an easter egg? It's definitely meant to be a take off of Jack Sparrow but to me it's just another half assed joke like the ones on the statues and graves such as 'athlete with bad shoes suffer pain of de feet'.

I'm not sure what to make of all that humour. Normally you'd expect a tombstone to have a joke that relates to how the person died or whatever. My favorite is a real life example. It's not an internet hoax and you can visit the grave. It says something like a poem that goes "Fold out your arms, Unfurl your wings etc.". If you look at it from top to bottom instead of across it says frak Y O U ! John. The story goes that the wife and mistress of this dead guy went to buy the tombstone together. The stone mason only realised what it said after he'd finished carving it. Haha. That's what you get for crossing two women!

EDIT: Wow, looks like the text editor is working, I even put a space between each letter, but I guess I'm not allowed to tell you what it really spelled. We'll just go with frak, whatever that means.

Edited by Lithocardia

It's an Easter Egg mainly because it's a play on the name "Jack Sparrow" of the Pirates of the Carribean movie series. The humor you find in Sacred 1 and Sacred 2 (and hopefully in Sacred 3) is part of the franchise's charm. There are all manner of these little not so inside jokes running through the game. Stuff like Y'Oldah - the little green Kobold who sits in a swamp (remind you of a certain Jedi master from Star Wars, perhaps?) with the crashed wooden X-Wing like pile of rubble behind his tree stump house...

Or the car showrooom in the Dryad region - complete with a wooden version of the Flintstone's car, a DeLorean from Back to the Future and so on. There's a bit of irony there - in Sacred 1, there's a tombstone somewhere in the game that talks about someone having an accident while trying to invent the car - and a tree jumping out into their path, killing them.

As far as the F-Bomb is concerned, I got what you were trying to say - Frak, for what it's worth is a kid safe term used in the TV series BattleStar Galactica (the new one) to indicate the F-Bomb without it being quite so obvious.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Would you really bother calling that an easter egg? It's definitely meant to be a take off of Jack Sparrow but to me it's just another half assed joke like the ones on the statues and graves such as 'athlete with bad shoes suffer pain of de feet'.

I think that's enough though ^^

There's a ton of these all over the game. They all add up, and documenting them all adds to the fan experience. The eggs all have value, and some through just a slight reference may have better value than an easier to "get" image because they are that much more subtle and harder to catch.

Arguably... a "truer" catch?

:)

gogo

p.s. heh, LItho, I pulled this up... pretty entertaining, and an explanation of this substitution of the word editor's:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=A2nuHAFLqa0

Possibly my favorite series of all time.

• 2 months later...

I am trying to find jack karrow, but while walking to his usual place, I suddenly saw him "surfing" across my screen. He even ran above the water, little jesus he is.

Same happened with the one guy who wants the fire elemental slain on the seraphim island. Or let's say, it's one of the last side quests before the elder dragon, mel kir or whatever his name was.

It looks awesome, please don't fix it. Though I hope jack karrow reappears when reloading ;)

version 2.65.2 and cm 110, so everything up to date.

Edited by mr.ioes