Treasure Cave But Can't Collect Any Of It!

About halfway up (between north and south) of the mountains that border the east side of the Bangaresh desert, there is a cave. This cave has lots of piles of treasure, the kind that has multiple boxes and piles of gold (usually lots of stuff or valuables inside) scattered all around. The problem is that while it all has that white moving sheen which indicates a collectable or interact-able item, it won't actually allow me to select the stuff! Not a single one!

At the end of this cave there is a sort of podium with rays of sun shining down (or holy light?) but standing on it doesn't do anything and it doesn't seem to be selectable. I've done all the quests that I can find in Bangaresh so I've given up on the idea that the treasure is quest related.

I thought, when I first found the cave, that maybe it was dragon's loot and I had to kill the desert dragon first. I've done that, but still no joy. Any ideas peeps?

About halfway up (between north and south) of the mountains that border the east side of the Bangaresh desert, there is a cave. This cave has lots of piles of treasure, the kind that has multiple boxes and piles of gold (usually lots of stuff or valuables inside) scattered all around. The problem is that while it all has that white moving sheen which indicates a collectable or interact-able item, it won't actually allow me to select the stuff! Not a single one!

At the end of this cave there is a sort of podium with rays of sun shining down (or holy light?) but standing on it doesn't do anything and it doesn't seem to be selectable. I've done all the quests that I can find in Bangaresh so I've given up on the idea that the treasure is quest related.

I thought, when I first found the cave, that maybe it was dragon's loot and I had to kill the desert dragon first. I've done that, but still no joy. Any ideas peeps?

Ah... But it IS quest related... If it's the right cave, it's is part of the light side primary quest. In the quest, you get sent into the cave with the idea that you need to retrieve a scroll and ONLY the scroll (that's what's generally sitting in the rays of light during the quest). You're supposed to promise leave everything else in the cave alone or the consequences will be dire... The scroll contains a recipie for making something akin to Greek fire or a napalm like substance. You need to bring that scroll back to the good leader (the uncle) in Khorum who then sends you off to find the Alchemist who can make sense of the scroll.

Oh thanks heaps guys!! If it's MAIN quest related it's no wonder I'm not there yet. I always do the side quests in each area first and save the main quest for last. Also stupidly the mines from the port of area 1 (high elf area where you start as Seraphim I think) links through the "Old Naval Port" cave to the desert. This means there's a path direct from chapter 1 to chapter 7. I went directly from chapter 2, realised I missed a quest in chapter 1, did that quest, explored the cave and ended up in chapter 7! I realised it was a WICKED way to level up fast so I've been playing chapter 7 side quests all this time!!

PS what happens if I do touch the treasure? Is there anything good in there? Will it effect the main quest or will anyone know? I don't mind just fighting an undead boss or something.

AFAIK the only thing that will happen is you'll have to fight the Cursed Priests that pop up out them. I don't believe it affects anything with the main quest. Actually I don't think you CAN fail the main quest short of dying in Hardcore :D

The Cursed Priests/Chests will just be random drops. Nothing special.

• 7 months later...