Sacred Guide: Jonny x's seriously wicked ebolts build!

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

heh...the name says it all!

Jonny is a friend from Clan DA. He is the head admin and has steered their clan with the help of all his great friends and staff to great rewarding waters. These pics were taken with his seraphim and mine in the Hardcore servers. Check out the damage! This is probably one of the greatest distance builds for a seraphim ever created...maybe giving KOTR"s Abdiel's build a run fer the money? Heh, it's not fer the weak of heart...you gotta stand yer ground.

Great Build Jonny...and was great playin the servers with ya!

enjoy!

:)

gogo

• 2 months later...

well ok here it is :) enjoy it, make changes to it and add suggestions as you will. This isnt a build for the feint hearted thoug :)

First thing to do is change your starting skills and ditch Weapon lore, I took Magic lore and Meditation as starting skills. Since you'll never use a weapon with this build there is just no point bothering with weapon lore - or sword lore or lhw lore.

Because you dont use a weapon you can pretty much take all the other skills - its a question of preference when you take them. Here's my list:

Magic Lore

Meditation

Constitution

Parry

Armor

Dual Wielding

Agility

Trade

I kept Magic lore and Meditaion maxed until the hit level 95 then just rely on bonuses from items, constitution at half my level one point in dual wield trading maxes and the rest spread around.

Attribute points should be spent in Mental Regen instead of Dex. This is because they fixed it so EB damage is no longer increased by Dex.

I dont recommend taking Heavenly Magic - at early levels you'll have to watch the regen time and duration length of EB but as soon as you find decent items with Regen Spells you'll be home free. Currently my EB is level 185 with a duration of 122secs and a regen of 97secs and I think my Regen Spells is about 293. Although the text seems to suggest that HM increase attack speed it doesnt. It increase the casting speed of EB only and as its a duration spell that doesnt really mean a great deal.

Why dual wield - not required but I didnt know what else to take. I took it so I could dual wield the Prototype swords and think it well worth it. In gold the swords give +80% to magic damage each. Thats a lot of damage! Other option would be to use Solwemeyers staff for the defence and regen spells. I have one as a back up weapon. This would mean you could read more EB runes to increase the damage.

It seem odd doesnt it...because as soon as you cast EB the bonuses from weapons/shields vanish....well dont forget the damage of EB is calculated at time of casting. Once cast the damage remains constant even thought the damage shown in your inventory screen decreases. You'll have to trust me on this, I did lots of testing to make sure.

Items with EB are now available (at last!) and thanks to Tipsterdad I have a few goodies waiting - Armor with +25 to EB, Wings with +10 and my Glad found two rings with EB on with +15 and +13. So you're no longer totally dependent on runes. Hurrah!

I think the EB seraphim in UW is a lot stronger than it was in plus. EB seems to fire faster and do more damage, even against magic resistant monsters. The VoT isnt too bad either - because EB is duration the Celebrepods Stun effect doesnt really bother you at all. You just keep blasting it. (Unless you are unlucky and EB runs out at a bad time).

The only disadvantage with this build is you're a one trick pony. To be effective you need a good investment in EB and because you dont use weapons most of the Combat Arts are useless. The only other CA I use is RBOL and thats not very often either. I dont find this a problem but some people may get bored.

The only addition I made to this build was WIDD - I've replaced some of the +crit items with WIDD instead. My WIDD is now 200% and my crit is 30%. The average damage per bolt is between 12 and 16k at 50% health the damage goes upto about 25k and on a crit it maxes out at about 48k per bolt.

Apart from that no change!

Its a mean killer but have you got the nerve to stand still while the dragon comes at you?