Finally Going To Do It.

No chiro yet but I'm seeing a physiatrist next month and hopefully I'll get a good assessment. Everytime I try some sort of activity I get some unpleasant pain later on. Biggest prob is my neck though. It's been locked up for over a month now. Making me craaaazy. ^^ I've read so many articles and there's just so many possible causes but I'm trying little things to help. Like last night for example I tried sleeping with no pillow and instead just a rolled towel under my neck for support. I slept fine. No difference in my morning neck stiffness but it didn't hurt so I'll keep going with it. :) As for my arms/hands it's just a little bit better. I can type for about 30 mins without pain. Before I couldn't type more than 5 mins. Yeesh!

I myself am having insane neck and back pains, though finally after 2 years got to the bottom of it... My neck pains started in an accident where I got a minor fracture, then I couldn't work out for weeks and eventually quit Thai-Boxing all together (Used to do Thai-Boxing ALOT). This of course was about the worst thing I could do I found out later on.. This made my muscles weaken alot and giving more pains since my neck wasn't getting the support it required from the muscles. It started to become a bad circle, where I don't want to exercise since it hurts, but need to exercise to get rid of the pain. This then moved on to my back and I'm currently having major problems, though started working out regularly since a few months back, and it has helped alot... I hope this is the case with you, since its "easy" to get rid of if you find it early rather than having a serious neck problem...

Good luck at the physiatrist and let us know how it goes :)

Btw, Wait with going to a chiropractor until you've seen the physiatrist since you should get recommended before going there, it might gives you worse pains instead of less.

And for my 3000th post I'm going to threaten Schot (seems appropriate somehow :) )

You better visit the doc soon, like as in this week, or I'm driving up to Montreal and grabbing you by said neck and dragging you to the doc. Yes, I have a passport and TomTom and at least 3 weeks vacation anytime I want. Plus with the way I drive I could be there in under 12 hours.....just saying :D

Good luck to you Furian, I know it can be difficult to change habits!

And Schot, you try that doctor thingy, I know sometimes they may speak jibberish but they perform miracles ;)

Edited by Timotheus

Good luck Furian,

I however am a lost cause, been drinking heavily for 4 years now, it's been going better however with the new job & gf :sweating:

Smoking however is just neccessary, it relieves my stress and even when I'm ill it helps me recover (also because if I'm sick and stop smoking for a day I get a nice free FEVER on top of it because of no nicotine intake)

I know I'm the devil's advocate but hey, you only live once so why not take the best of it? :devil:

(don't listen to me I'm evil)

cheers!

Well is almost been a month now. This was easier than quiting smoking. I was thinking it was going to be the other way around. For the last two weeks I have been sleeping a solid 7-8 hours instead of waking up every 2-3. And I have lost 10 solids pounds so far. I waited an extra week to check this and make sure that it was legit.

No chiro yet but I'm seeing a physiatrist next month and hopefully I'll get a good assessment. Everytime I try some sort of activity I get some unpleasant pain later on. Biggest prob is my neck though. It's been locked up for over a month now. Making me craaaazy. ^^ I've read so many articles and there's just so many possible causes but I'm trying little things to help. Like last night for example I tried sleeping with no pillow and instead just a rolled towel under my neck for support. I slept fine. No difference in my morning neck stiffness but it didn't hurt so I'll keep going with it. :) As for my arms/hands it's just a little bit better. I can type for about 30 mins without pain. Before I couldn't type more than 5 mins. Yeesh!

I myself am having insane neck and back pains, though finally after 2 years got to the bottom of it... My neck pains started in an accident where I got a minor fracture, then I couldn't work out for weeks and eventually quit Thai-Boxing all together (Used to do Thai-Boxing ALOT). This of course was about the worst thing I could do I found out later on.. This made my muscles weaken alot and giving more pains since my neck wasn't getting the support it required from the muscles. It started to become a bad circle, where I don't want to exercise since it hurts, but need to exercise to get rid of the pain. This then moved on to my back and I'm currently having major problems, though started working out regularly since a few months back, and it has helped alot... I hope this is the case with you, since its "easy" to get rid of if you find it early rather than having a serious neck problem...

Good luck at the physiatrist and let us know how it goes :)

Btw, Wait with going to a chiropractor until you've seen the physiatrist since you should get recommended before going there, it might gives you worse pains instead of less.

Thanx for the advice Popcicle. I think you're spot on about lost muscle strength as a cause of overall pain. When I injured my arms a year ago I refrained from a great deal of physical exertion in fear of reinjuring myself. I definitely lost some strength and am working on the same as you. Very slowly. Might even take up Tai chi(spelling). Great info! :)

And for my 3000th post I'm going to threaten Schot (seems appropriate somehow :) )

You better visit the doc soon, like as in this week, or I'm driving up to Montreal and grabbing you by said neck and dragging you to the doc. Yes, I have a passport and TomTom and at least 3 weeks vacation anytime I want. Plus with the way I drive I could be there in under 12 hours.....just saying :D

Yes sir! Right away sir! :D I actually have two appointments now for February. Dentist for possible TMJ/occlusal probs and physiatrist for everything else.

Good luck to you Furian, I know it can be difficult to change habits!

And Schot, you try that doctor thingy, I know sometimes they may speak jibberish but they perform miracles ;)

I wish Timo though my faith in general practitioners around here is minimal at best. :/ Still, one can hope!

Good luck Furian,

I however am a lost cause, been drinking heavily for 4 years now, it's been going better however with the new job & gf :sweating:

Smoking however is just neccessary, it relieves my stress and even when I'm ill it helps me recover (also because if I'm sick and stop smoking for a day I get a nice free FEVER on top of it because of no nicotine intake)

I know I'm the devil's advocate but hey, you only live once so why not take the best of it? :devil:

(don't listen to me I'm evil)

cheers!

Evil Chareos. Just eeeevil. ^^

Well is almost been a month now. This was easier than quiting smoking. I was thinking it was going to be the other way around. For the last two weeks I have been sleeping a solid 7-8 hours instead of waking up every 2-3. And I have lost 10 solids pounds so far. I waited an extra week to check this and make sure that it was legit.

Good stuff Furian. I imagine most anything is a piece of cake compared to quitting nicotine, haha. I'm not surprised it wouldn't be hard for you. You seem to have great success at what you put your mind to. Though I'd wager with alcohol the challenge might be more in moderation than quitting since you don't strike me as someone who needs to quit. Though in terms of diet quitting is a big plus when trying to drop the pounds.

Another successful challenge. :agreed:

also quitting the smokes... not easy, but I will get used to it....

If you want we can try to get level 200 in one week, then you'll have no time anymore to think about smoking, just thinking about green and orange pixels on your screen!

Com'on, let's go!

:crazy:

Edited by Woody

also quitting the smokes... not easy, but I will get used to it....

If you want we can try to get level 200 in one week, then you'll have no time anymore to think about smoking, just thinking about green and orange pixels on your screen!

Com'on, let's go!

:crazy:

Gaming and smoking are easily combinable, if you can smoke in the house (which I can) and are nimble enough to play with a smoking stick between your fingers

I need to learn to shut up, evil things come out of my mouth :BlobRed:

cheers!

Hmmm let's say he'll have no time between clicking-chatting-switching server-casting buffs-running for life of his char-mad clicking on good drops...

:D

Hmmm let's say he'll have no time between clicking-chatting-switching server-casting buffs-running for life of his char-mad clicking on good drops...

ehm... I will be needing some time to work too :D

Anyways, going well.... only quit for about 3 days tho, but still counting up :D

I never smoked indoors, never wanted too either.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Bah, getting legendaries for making better char IS working too!

Just kidding of course :D

ehm... I will be needing some time to work too :D

Anyways, going well.... only quit for about 3 days tho, but still counting up :D

I never smoked indoors, never wanted too either.

Greetz

Edited by Woody
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice one :D I have stopped buying the weekly bottle of cider I used to when I lived in Scotland lol I had a pint of cider at my grandma's yesterday (which was much of a relief, I miss my cider :() lol but I think ether I cant get drunk or I get really tipsy too quickly, I've never been able to get drunk to the point I'm falling over lol so I'm guessing I cant get drunk only really tipsy so I don't see the point in drinking alcohol when it doesn't effect me that much plus I do it to stay be healthier, I go swimming a lot and try and take care of what I eat. Just stopped drinking my daily cup of coffee 4 days ago and not had one since, I beat my coffee cravings yay! (although I crave some right now omnom) but I don't need it really, I have more energy without it.

Good going folks. You can do it. ^^

Never smoked though, so no personal tips or such there. And never had any issues with alcohol either. Getting totally wasted few times a year really takes care of any cravings, lmao. :D

Although, I should watch my diet... Convenience food is my weak spot. :sweating:

Edited by Stormwing

Yeh coffee is just no good if you want more energy too, makes you feel a bit groggy all day plus not so good if you want to lose weight, I read somewhere it boosts metabolism but I don't believe that when it makes me feel less energetic.

Just like Loco tryed telling me before, awesome amount and quantity of sleep I'm getting.

Now I just gotta get through the next evaluation, surgery is scheduled for the 21 of Feb. I'll be out of work 3-4 weeks.

Just like Loco tryed telling me before, awesome amount and quantity of sleep I'm getting.

Now I just gotta get through the next evaluation, surgery is scheduled for the 21 of Feb. I'll be out of work 3-4 weeks.

I dont remember reading about you mentioning surgery :o Whats that for?

Well I have an umbilical hernia, and since I quit smoking a year ago (almost) and I haven't been drinking (didn't quit, just don't need to right now) I'm getting in the mood to get back into the gym. But I can't do that until I get this hernia fixed. So on the 21st of Feb I'll go under the knife to push my alien back into my stomach. And for the next 2 or 3 weeks I wont have anything else to do but sleep and play Sacred.

I reccomend swimming, it's a lot better than the gym, I tried going but the machines are just too much, swimming works everywhere and you can go for a lot longer, I would do that for cardio first for an hour and 15 mins (if you can manage it) and if you want, go into the gym to work on toning your arms with the dum bells (I reccomend the 2kg weight) 1kg I just think it's too light to put any pressure on the arms at all, the trainers say 1kg but they just don't but enough pressure on the arms to make them tone. Then sit-ups and crunches if you want too but id just swim if you don't take it that seriously like me.

Furian, I'm so impressed with all this success you've had. lol, you should consider sending it into a fitness mag to inspire some others! I don't think I could have attacked so much on so many fronts at once, but you have gotten it into your new daily routine.

That's probably the most important thing. Making changes like this happen so that they occur naturally every day so that you don't have to even think about it anymore.

And good luck with the hernia. I've never had one myself, but a few of my friends have had the operation and have a small net in side them now.

:blink:

gogo

Congrats! 15 pounds is a good amount to lose in this timeframe.

Well done!

Good luck with the hernia. They're doing so much better with new techniques with hernias and such. Enjoy the Sacred/recuperation!