Finally Going To Do It.

Ok Phase 3 starts tomorrow, Monday 21 February 2011. I'll be entering the hospital at ungodly hour of 0615 for an operation to fix an umbilical hernia.

Come to find out I had this coming, just a matter of time. I nailed 3 out of four of the criteria to get one.

An acquired umbilical hernia directly results from increased intra-abdominal pressure caused by obesity (yap), heavy lifting (Doh, got me again), a long history of coughing ( I quit smoking because of the coughing), or multiple pregnancies ( hey hold up can't claim that one). Read more about it Here

So Monday I'm not sure if I'll be Cognitive enough to Run Sacred but it sounds like I have the next 3-4 weeks to do nothing but play.

ps: I've been practicing my "big" word if ya havent noticed from the last few posts to the forum. :smile:

Benefits for the surgery are 3-4 weeks of couch potatoe relaxation and the start of phase 4, I'll be able to start getting back into the gym and getting fit again.

• 2 months later...

Well well, update time. Fourth month is coming up, I have cut down the drinking by near 85-90%. Have lost almost 30 lbs. I found a really good gym to go to and have started very very slowly. Basically just going through the motions of lifting with very minimal weight. Wow am I out of shape. I guess I have this coming to me for sitting on my arse for the last 2 years only lifting a finger to play Sacred.

Bonus from the gym and a new co-worker that goes to the same gym, is a social life is beginning to sprout. My buddies wife has started a list of her friends for "Matchmaking". First date hasn't happened yet, she says I have to trim my beard down first. I guess a Goatee near 4 inches long is a bit much.

Great to see an update Furian. Funny cause me and gogo were wondering how things were going for you just the other day. Wise chose taking it slow at the gym. I was a bit too ambitious early this year and kind of overdid it a couple of times. Feels great going all out in the moment but afterwards ain't so great, heh. ^^

4" goatee eh. The matchmaker probably has a good point there. Sounds like things are moving along great this year Chris. Here's to a great summer eh! :)

4" goatee is just fine as far as I'm concerned lol. Had a goatee since I got out of the Navy, oh about 22 years ago. Yeah showing my age there. And if your friends wife is getting a list together..................RUN....Really really fast :) Had that happen to me, and most of the blind dates were extremely awkward. Better thing to do is to have her invite her friend over for say a cook-out and you just happen to show up. That way there are no expectations or feeling pressured into meeting someone. You can just relax and be yourself and get to know her if you choose. And if nothing else you get some barbeque :D

• Like! 1

I'll +1 to Knuckles' suggestion as well... mmmmm, BBQ er, social interaction, and stuff!

Hope that operation is healing quickly ;) <--- NOT a pickup move :D

• 2 weeks later...

4" goatee is just fine as far as I'm concerned lol. Had a goatee since I got out of the Navy, oh about 22 years ago. Yeah showing my age there. And if your friends wife is getting a list together..................RUN....Really really fast :) Had that happen to me, and most of the blind dates were extremely awkward. Better thing to do is to have her invite her friend over for say a cook-out and you just happen to show up. That way there are no expectations or feeling pressured into meeting someone. You can just relax and be yourself and get to know her if you choose. And if nothing else you get some barbeque :D

This my friend is an awesome idea.

• 11 months later...

Aloha my old friends! I'm still kicking here. Computer is fried so no online gaming available. Hernia surgery last Feb went great. In hind-site if anyone else has a surgery like that please start walking as soon as possible instead of sitting on your arse. When you get back to work you will be happy you did.

Anyway I've been in the gym most the last year! Feeling good about myself and health.

Ohh stated talking to a most wonderful Lady I met 4 years ago from Costa Rica! She will be moving here near July time ! :)

Long live Dark Matters friends and family!

Furian, great seeing you back, and in the company of beauty! Ahh, the hernia. I've had a couple of friends that have had hernia operations, and it's never pleasant, but I'm glad your recovery is going good. Any chance of a comp arriving soon at your place? We got Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 comin up!

:devil:

gogo

Great seeing you here again :D

Glad surgery and re-hab are over with and you're doing fine. And you NEED to get a pc ASAP. And then get D3. Won't be as much fun if you're not in there with me running for our lives.

Aloha my old friends! I'm still kicking here. Computer is fried so no online gaming available. Hernia surgery last Feb went great. In hind-site if anyone else has a surgery like that please start walking as soon as possible instead of sitting on your arse. When you get back to work you will be happy you did.

Anyway I've been in the gym most the last year! Feeling good about myself and health.

Ohh stated talking to a most wonderful Lady I met 4 years ago from Costa Rica! She will be moving here near July time ! :)

I've had a lower abdominal hernia before, and it's a real bummer, so I understand how you feel, friend.

Any way, welcome back and hope you're feeling better!

Back at you old friend! Been too long, far too long. Gratz on recovery from surgery. *High Fives* for your new found fitness & Costa Rica!

Wedding Pics... :whistle:

I remain, :devil: