Nameless Guardians Beaten At level 31 Is That Normal?

AxP

hey guys.

I just wanna know if its kinda early to beat the silver difficulty at level 31 or if its about the 30ies you kill the guardians.

I will admit, I died like 5-7 times but it was my first try so :)

but I didnt seem to do that much dmg on them unfortunatly :( took me about 3min on the easy ones and alot more on the hard one with the mana shield, im a high elf.

what level would you advise me going to gold btw?

Depends on your build and resources.

I think it's possible, but it might be a little low. Particularly with a squishy elf.

I only play HC though :)

well I just went there and all mobs are 10 lvls above my own... I know that theres a +level on gold but is it 10 lvls!?

im doing fine atm adn my gear is pretty decent now that ive farmed the guardians, im actually not dying anymore vs them :D

well at first it was very tough esp cus I didnt know their abilities and attack pattern... but after the first try on them I learned enough to not die anymore on any of them in the nxt tries :)

btw I just tried to kill the kobold chief on gold............ I gave him the full meteor arsenal and he lost about 25-40 dmg pr meteor hit...but his HP didnt move at all...hes level 42 vs me 32... is that normal that I cant dmg a boss when its 10 lvls apart? (his armor was 50% physical and 50% fire) so not that strange...but still QQ

He can be a bit tricky when you're just starting out. He regens health kinda fast and he also has armor against your meteors. Fire and physical that is. Try something non fire. Other than that yes, A Gold server level 41 Gahanka against your level 31 High Elf would be a tough battle. For you that is, haha.

hey guys.

I just wanna know if its kinda early to beat the silver difficulty at level 31 or if its about the 30ies you kill the guardians.

I will admit, I died like 5-7 times but it was my first try so :)

but I didnt seem to do that much dmg on them unfortunatly :( took me about 3min on the easy ones and alot more on the hard one with the mana shield, im a high elf.

what level would you advise me going to gold btw?

I'm assuming you pretty much skipped all of the side quests along the way. I'm currently doing a Temple Guardian in Silver and I'm already at level 57 and I just crossed into the Human territory. So I'm guessing that's not exactly normal.

For what it's worth - Sacred 2 assigns difficulty levels to your opponents based on the level you're playing on and the area you're in.

For instance... The bronze difficulty spans level 1 to level 60. That means the enemies you face in Sloeford and the surrounding area will start out at level 1 and go up to maybe level 5 or 6 tops while the Nameless Guardians will be a maximum of about level 60. More often than not, you won't quite make it that high because grinding against low level opponents that give out next to nothing on experience points. On Silver, the span starts at level 1 and goes to 100. Gold starts at level 60 and goes to 140. And so on...

When you go into an area before you're supposed to go there - the game does make some allowances by capping the max level the enemies will show up at. For instance, if you go from Teardrop Hamlet or by way of the Naval Port tunnel into the desert area and down to the Jungle (to activate the Epic Office Quest early on in the game) before going through the Human, Orc, Seraphim Island/Dragonsea Islands/Carnach Cave and Swamp areas, you're not going to be facing level 70 or so bugs and thugs. Whereas if you did go there by way of the long way around, you would see level 70 or so bugs and thugs in the area - and by that time, if you did all the quests, you probably would be up to level 70 or so.

My Seraphim (also running in Silver) is about level 77 and she's cruising through the swamps. The critters running around the area are likewise in the same ballpark. Some of them are yellow, most are green or greenish white..

yea I knew about the level cap depending on area and the scaling, and I also had it very easy in the swamp at around level 25ish at max. but if gold is 60+ then my starting area should have a minimum level restrictions...such as maybe level 60+ or something mobs? or maybe the level 40 mobs is the lowest it can go. btw what is the level bonus on the mobs in gold? +2? +5? 10?!?

thx for the input though, I appreaciate it

Usually I go in gold at level 39 with mob-killers and 53 with bosskillers.

Ennemies are level 49 in grunwald and guardians are 65.

Never got too much problems; even with squishy chars. :D

Just be carefull against champions boars.

Edited by Woody

haha thx :P

funny thing is im taking lots of dmg bur im dealing decent amount too so I can kill hordes and still survive cus I have mount :P but that damned kobold cheif is a pain! :(

yea I knew about the level cap depending on area and the scaling, and I also had it very easy in the swamp at around level 25ish at max. but if gold is 60+ then my starting area should have a minimum level restrictions...such as maybe level 60+ or something mobs? or maybe the level 40 mobs is the lowest it can go. btw what is the level bonus on the mobs in gold? +2? +5? 10?!?

You're welcome...

One thing about single player mode (assuming that's what you're doing)...

When you beat a game in single player mode in say, Silver, Gold is automatically opened. You could take your champion silver Elf and go into Gold and start off at level 31.. You'd wind up starting off in the same spot, with the same animation - but you'd already have your unique mount (assuming you have one from silver), the same gold, weapons and other gear plus anything you stashed in the shared portion of the chest.

actually I started in the "islands of many roads" no matter where I was previously. even when I went from silver SP to silver MP or if I went from single SP to gold MP

the reason I went to free world was to farm. but when I did it as campaign(only option in SP) I started in the starting area for HE. and not at the machines/guardians as to where I was last time I saved/exited. :)

Congrats on beating those pesky Guardians @ 31! It is a good feat, without doubt.

MINIMUM levels for mobs - found in the "starting" areas of the elf region are:

Gold - 41

Platinum - 71

Niobium - 111

These min. levels rise as you progress thru the campaign; ie. as you cross the bridge from Sloeford and head North towards Twainbrook, in Gold, the min. levels for those kobolds will be 42 or 43.

The 'level bonus' you mentioned comes from Survival Bonus - the higher it is, then the higher the mob levels are boosted. It cannot be defined as easily as the minimum levels, but the higher the difficulty, then the higer the mob levels at similar SB percentages. I hope this made some sense :Just_Cuz_21:

Edited by essjayehm

it made sence thx alt :)

heres another question, any diffuculty above silver makes the mobs higher lvls than your self correct? (as in the auto scaling is +x level depending on difficulty?)

so I was just thinking what is the scaling at in gold? :)

thx in advance :)

Heya,

you can start killing Guardians at level 18 should you want to.

Usually, I se my bosskillers up at 25, and start killing Guardians.

HF!

Greetz

@Elwin, it is not so much a rescaling after a death, it is the loss of your 'Survival Bonus' that resets mob levels.

Edited by Barristan

at 18-25, impressive I gotta admit... though, are u buffed up with gear from other players or is it all self-found on that char without any gear transfer from shoppers or friends? :D

Heya,

Bosshunters are typically geared up by stuff I have stored.

I did the HC build challenge too, where you cannot use stuff you have not found (with that toon).

Even then, Silver difficulty is quite fast, I found myself in trouble against Xanthiar in Gold tho at level 31 :D

Greetz

Hello, I guess my first answer was still quite confusing.... Let me see if I can put it another way.

heres another question, any diffuculty above silver makes the mobs higher lvls than your self correct? (as in the auto scaling is +x level depending on difficulty?)

No. This is what I was saying in my post. The increased level of the mobs in controlled MOSTLY by Survival Bonus

Although, the difficulty does have some effect. For example, if you are in GOLD with SB=50%, the enemy levels could be boosted +2 (not a fact, just for example). But, in NIOB difficulty, with SB=50%, the mobs could be boosted +10 (again, just for example purposes - the actual effect is probably different).

Also, please note that these 'boosts' do not override the minimum enemy levels I posted earlier. Take the Niob example above - If your character is level 50 with 50% Survival Bonus, the minimum enemy level will still be level 111, but if your character was level 120 (again, with 50% SB), then the min. level of the enemies in Niob will be 130.

:Just_Cuz_21:

Edited by essjayehm