Why Aren't The Bosses In Their Places?

The first giant icon I ever saw on the map was a big red icon of a dragon after I killed in east of the desert (Bangaresh). The next giant icon was the scorpion at the south of that desert, however although I found a huge arena inside the temple, there was no big scorpion in it that I recall (not a boss anyway).

Now I'm back up in the orc country I think, I'm near the "Nor Plat Border/Wall" that comes up with it's name when you mouse over the wall on the map. Right near there is a town where some people talk about a golem. I found this ramp that goes down in a spiral to a big pit like an arena. I looked all around it but there was nothing down there except a treasure chest. When I look at the map there's a giant golem picture on it now.

Is this because I haven't been doing the main quest yet? Or is it side quest related? Or is it bugged?

Edited by Lithocardia

Most of the bosses you've mentioned - the Garganthropod (southwest desert region) and the Golem (aka Gar Colossus) are part of the Main quest chain and you have to do the steps that lead up to them before they'll appear. The Bengaresh dragon, the Grunwald dragon and the swamp dragon, however aren't connected to any quests - so they're there pretty much any time you pay 'em a visit.

Thanks, makes sense.

Also how come I'm almost done (except for expansion... and the main quest as I do sides first) and I'm only level 42? I do everything and explore every corner of every area. Is this because I'm playing Bronze? I've heard others describe themselves as well over level 100. Do you level faster on the tougher challenges?

Edited by Lithocardia

Thanks, makes sense.

Also how come I'm almost done (except for expansion... and the main quest as I do sides first) and I'm only level 42? I do everything and explore every corner of every area. Is this because I'm playing Bronze? I've heard others describe themselves as well over level 100. Do you level faster on the tougher challenges?

Yah.. You see, each difficulty level spans a certain number of levels - as a for instance, Bronze only covers levels 1 - 60. That means if you are going out of your way to kill everything in sight, by the time you get to the nameless guardians, you should be somewhere around level 60. The baddies in the Great Machine will top out there at level 60 as well.

The thing about Bronze... After a while, you will find that the baddies you face will have white rings around them - and the experience points they give you will be fairly low - making leveling up rather difficult. You have to kill an AWFUL lot of baddies to get from level 74 to level 75 when you only get 300 or 400 points per kill and it takes close to 2 million points to get from 74 to 75.

Silver goes from level 1 to 100. So in that case, the guardians should max out at about level 100.

Gold starts at level 60 and goes up to level 140. Platinum goes from 100 and takes you up to level 180. And Niobium starts at level 140 and goes to 200.

Additionally, each region and each sub-region has a range of difficulties based on where and when you're supposed to be in that area.

For instance, you start out in the Sloeford region and at level 1 - 5, you shouldn't have too much of a problem killing anything but if you were to leave that area and head for Thylysium or Teardrop Hamlet very early on, odds are you will have a LOT of problems killing anything as they will be of a higher level than you. Your character will be making comments that he/she is in need of a change of underwear. Odds are, you probably won't survive for very long.

Yes its because of playing bronze, since it give less experience, and mobs are lower levels. I have done fully bronze witrh expansiion and ended with level 46. Now I play new char stright from level 1 in silver. I am level 36 and I havent even cleared 1st chapter. Much difference ;p

Edited by Elwin

You can't get to gold before beating silver, bronze is mostly for players who don't know the game yet, only moment I played in bronze was when the game was new and I was attempting some hard achievement with a hardcore character.

LOL @ the comment about my character saying she needs a change of underwear. She did make a few comments asking Lumen to help her and that the enemies were too difficult, when I first got to the desert. I stumbled into that area from the cave at the south of the first area, so I jumped from level 1-7!! I levelled up every few minutes for a while but topped out in the high 30s and I haven't really levelled since.

I wish I'd played on silver. I think it's possible to change the difficulties from looking at the menu screen. Would it be worth it at this stage of the game?

LOL @ the comment about my character saying she needs a change of underwear. She did make a few comments asking Lumen to help her and that the enemies were too difficult, when I first got to the desert. I stumbled into that area from the cave at the south of the first area, so I jumped from level 1-7! I levelled up every few minutes for a while but topped out in the high 30s and I haven't really levelled since.

I wish I'd played on silver. I think it's possible to change the difficulties from looking at the menu screen. Would it be worth it at this stage of the game?

Ah yes, the Thylysium tunnel..

I suppose it all depends on if you want to get into Gold, Platinum or Niobium (eventually). Playing Bronze doesn't really give you much help if you want to move onto Gold. Completing the game in Bronze gives you pretty much nothing but a complete game in Bronze. You would have to play the game in Silver and beat it in order to advance to Gold.

On the down side - you'd have to start over should you bump your character up to Silver. That means back to the opening animations. You would get to keep your experience points and gear, but you'd be losing all progress and such...