Ancestral Chamber - Pix And Writeups By Knuckles

There has been a tornado of activity in the Wiki lately. In fact the speed at which pages are being created has me and Schot have had to check the wiki updates topic now on an almost hourly basis! :4rofl:

Edit buzzes come and go, last for indeterminate periods of time and moves around on the wiki different areas at a time. This current Edit Buzz is taking huge inroads into documenting places, myth, history, and... quests. Quests are so important, but they are challenging to put in well because of detail needed when having to reconcile what the actions are against the understanding of a reader. With this spectacular attention with quests has also come the places page in Ancaria. This page was a fiery red when first looked at a few months ago, but Knuckles, and his late night hours has steamed through the page leaving a line of beautiful blue links in his wake.

His last one Ancestral Chamber is nothing short of being a doozy. In fact, his detail on this page is SO good, we will probably have to later (when we have time) look at trying to reconcile Knuckles' new place page as the official quest page...some work there, as he as written his description in prose offers great clarity to someone trying to crack this very long quest.

I'll post a link here to where he's actually done some explanations on the kind of work and challenges that went into using a new pic process of his combining image to get a map that is perfect with details..

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5892&view=findpost&p=6914561

Formatting, story writing, ingenuity with pix, vision...this one has it all.

If you're going use the Wiki, make this page a must see. And while you're at it, bring along a drink...it's a long article he's put together, you'll have time ti sit back and enjoy the journey.

Nice work Knuckles

:)

gogo

Incredible work on the Ancestral Chambers. Talking with Knuckles last night about this area. Had no idea the amount of detail.

I know what you mean, I read them a few days ago, and they all fit very nicely in with the rest of the game. I especially liked the way he explained how the gods were formed. Very ingenious, I mean, who was to say that they were born the way they were?

Loved it!

• 5 years later...

I really love that quest too, mostly because I was extremely impressed with the dungeon. The layout is amazing with long ramps going down deeper, big drop offs to the the lower floor of huge multi level chambers, and a really fun foreboding haunted type atmosphere all throughout. I especially appreciated how they made the ghosts in lower areas wail and howl at you.

Definitely one of the coolest dungeons I've explored. The female bodyguards surprised me at the challenge in taking them down, and I found them to be the most difficult fight down there imo. I love all places I've been to in the game and look forward to seeing the loads of places I still haven't. Ancestral Chamber makes me want to explore more dungeons with huge areas lol.

• Like! 1

This is indeed an awesome quest and as a wiki-editor I can't fathom the amount of work that went into documenting the entire thing like that. Amazing work Knuckles.

The Community Patch made those Dryad bodyguards into bosses, which makes that fight super insanely hard. They did it so players could have a place to farm yellow (rare) Dryad-type enemy shrunken heads, since rare shrunken heads only drop from bosses and there were no bosses of the Dryad enemy type.

Wow, really cool to hear the reason behind the community patch powering up those 2 dryads. Like probably everything else in the community patch it feels like something Ascaron always would've wanted in the game, and adds even more depth. The community (and your mods, Flix) have made the content and gameplay of Sacred 2 even more timeless than it already seemed. Awesome to see dedicated fans pitch in to add natural finishing touches to such a brilliant game. Especially after Ascaron fell apart because they were so determined to give the players such a great and full game that should've gotten so much more recognition.