About Hardcore/normal Modes

To start off happy new year everyone hope your new year brings you joy and happyness :drinks:

Now for my question if I start a character in normal mode will I be able to inport my toon to hardcore mode?

Thanks all

mort

Unfortunately you can not import toons to either closed Softcore or Hardcore. The only option I know of is to export toons (SC or HC) from closed to Open/SP

Note: If you export a HC toon, it will remain HC even if playing SP or LAN. Thus if he dies you can no longer play that character. (You can always export the same character from HC again)

And HNY to you also :D

It's different for each person. Some like the adrenaline rush, some like have to more closely strategize their builds. Others like the sense of community and sharing (HC is famous for other players helping out especially after losing a character). Some like to 'prove' themselves on the most difficult settings.

For me it's a combo of all that with the community being the most important. I've had other games I've liked as much as Sacred but they now sit and collect dust on a shelf. Interacting with all the good folks on HC is what keeps me playing

I know many do not relish the idea of losing a character and possibly hundreds of hours of progress. I'll admit the 1st high level toon I lost really bothered me (since it was to a bug). But the response and the genuine caring emanating from everyone in the server overwhelmed me.I was flooded with equipment, runes and gold, more than I could ever hope to use on the new character. I almost wanted to go kill another toon just to experience that all over again lol.

HC isn't so much about dying it's about the great people who you'll play with on-line.

• Like! 1

Ah nice so is it more like a mmo setting where a few of you will get together and grind/boss runs etc? Or is it the same where most people play in locked server and just get together when you make plans for it?

Reason I ask is I am missing the mmo setting where their are people running around grouping etc. And if their is more people running around chillaxing together in HC than I guess I'll have to reroll again /sign but as long as their are people to hang with it wont be so bad. Also being that I just started this new seraphim I dont want to get to high in level than come to the conclusion that HC is better for me lol

Thanks again

Mort

nice so what is the benifits if any to playing hardcore mode? Just to say you play in that relm or is their a concrete reason? prehaps better drops etc? thanks

Mort

I don't believe there's any real advantage to playing HC vs SC. The only real difference I'm familiar with - is once you drop dead from a killing blow - that's it. That character is as dead as dead gets. Game over. You don't revive, you can't unload your pack to save any goodies you might have wanted to keep. You don't pick up at the last Resurrection Monolith where you left off. Death is more permanent than it would be in any other area of Ancaria - with all those zombies running about. It's like "Game over, man..."

It adds, I suppose you could say an added element of danger. Something that would get your heart pumping a bit faster when you're up against a big bad nasty boss monster. There's more at stake when you've invested hundreds of hours building and leveling your character and not to forget mention of all the goodies you've gotten along the way. There's even a forum on DarkMatters dedicated to characters built that have died along the way - the Hardcore graveyard where you can post an obit...

There's also an element of pride. When you finish the game, you can be proud of the fact that your build was done well and you were able to conquer the Nameless Guardians and win the game. It's an achievement unto itself.

Mort, that is exactly what happens. There's usually at least one of us if not 2 or 3 on at any time. Very often we will start impromptu boss runs or help level toons or just run around aimlessly killing things :) Furian and myself will be on at some point tonight. He went shopping for me and has got some gear for me. I think he almost fainted when I said I was wearing a level 70 piece of armor on a level 140 Shadow Warrior :)

More than likely we'll be in Gold so you'll need to click "show all servers' on the top left of the server screen. Then you can click on our server (mine always say 'Knuckles' or 'D.a.r.k' somewhere in them) and then on one of our names to whisper (or pm) us. We'll meet up with you on a lower level server at that point. If for any reason you have trouble contacting us in-game, just pm me a quick note here. I should be around all night and usually check in at the forum every 15-30 mins.

Hope to see you in-game :paladin:

this thread made want to make a HC char XD

now that ive won the game on silver I believe im rdy for a HC char, and ofc ill be exporting just for a single player back up :P

When I first started playing (in S1), I only played SP. But I would always check the official forum and read up on stuff (was a lurker back then). As with most games after completing it 3-4 times I would lose interest. But I kept reading gogo's posts about Hardcore and how great it was. Now I had my doubts after playing on Battle.net but decided to give it a go. As soon as I entered a game and said 'Hi all, I'm new", everyone wanted to help get me started.

Sure enough I found myself in a party and promptly died in the Orc Cave within 5-10 minutes :) Returned with another toon, and got tons of gold and runes to get going again. Got a couple 'bodyguards' to keep me safe and I was hooked from there on out :D

well I made one in soft core in the channels and when I said "hey all" I didnt get any replies. from what I could tell by their names the guys who where online were german, not that im against them but their english may be worse than most other countries in EU. (due to dubbing movies to german so on...(I did not mean to offend anyone))

but anyway, noone replied so I didnt bother play online for long :(

well I made one in soft core in the channels and when I said "hey all" I didnt get any replies. from what I could tell by their names the guys who where online were german, not that im against them but their english may be worse than most other countries in EU. (due to dubbing movies to german so on...(I did not mean to offend anyone))

but anyway, noone replied so I didnt bother play online for long :(

All in all, I would say your experience with the quiet server is rare, although there are plenty of times that you find a server that is quiet for various reasons. (there are times when we go afk for a bit.) I suggest finding one of use with a name you recognize from here at FDM to start out. once you get introduced to HC you may get hooked on it.

Heya,

There are always nice and nicer players around. I do believe the community s stronger on HC!

In was at it's prime during the first year of Sacred 2, but it is still very good, if a bit quiet at times...

If you find me on servers, I'd be more than happy to help out!

Cash, runes, gear, mount, it is all possible :D

Greetz

It's different for each person. Some like the adrenaline rush, some like have to more closely strategize their builds. Others like the sense of community and sharing (HC is famous for other players helping out especially after losing a character). Some like to 'prove' themselves on the most difficult settings.

For me it's a combo of all that with the community being the most important. I've had other games I've liked as much as Sacred but they now sit and collect dust on a shelf. Interacting with all the good folks on HC is what keeps me playing

I know many do not relish the idea of losing a character and possibly hundreds of hours of progress. I'll admit the 1st high level toon I lost really bothered me (since it was to a bug). But the response and the genuine caring emanating from everyone in the server overwhelmed me.I was flooded with equipment, runes and gold, more than I could ever hope to use on the new character. I almost wanted to go kill another toon just to experience that all over again lol.

HC isn't so much about dying it's about the great people who you'll play with on-line.

Knuckles, props brother props, the way you have explained this gave me goose bumps. Perfectly said!

Mort, welcome. The water is warm, jump on in. What time zone are you in. I live in Pittsburgh so east coast time. I'm online every night by 11:00'pm or 2300 eastern. I'll keep an eye open for you. As long as you toon has your forum name in it somewhere so I can tell. Don't hesitate to call.

Nice to see the warm welcome in HC. :drinks: Ok I got my SC seraphim to level 32 took about 40 hrs between mapping and farming and questing lol. I will give HC a try Just made a seraphim Lyzia is the name hope to see you all soon :D

Mort :paladin:

Nice to see the warm welcome in HC. :drinks: Ok I got my SC seraphim to level 32 took about 40 hrs between mapping and farming and questing lol. I will give HC a try Just made a seraphim Lyzia is the name hope to see you all soon :D

Edit: Now that I slept on it I will finish up my SC character because I am loving her atm :wub: Once I finish up silver I'll awaken Lyzia from her sleep in HC. Also I have not beaten the campain yet so this will give me an idea on what to look foward to in HC mode. Is their any [D.a.r.k.] peoples in SC at all?

Edit: Now that I slept on it I will finish up my SC character because I am loving her atm :wub: Once I finish up silver I'll awaken Lyzia from her sleep in HC. Also I have not beaten the campain yet so this will give me an idea on what to look foward to in HC mode. Is their any [D.a.r.k.] peoples in SC at all?

I really don't think there are clan members playing SC, but I'm sure several of our forum members play there. You could always start a thread asking who's playing and what times if you're looking to join up and play in a party :D