Multi-Play Connect Questions

So I played a little single player to get idea what is game about and now planning to playing multiplayer, but I have encounterd some problems :P I couldnt connect to any server, tried closed.net. I have a CM patch, (can I play MP with this?) and also version 2.65.2 while all servers were 2.65.1, do I need to reinstall to 2.65.1 to play MP? would be kinda stupid so I guess something is wrong ^^

So I played a little single player to get idea what is game about and now planning to playing multiplayer, but I have encounterd some problems :P I couldnt connect to any server, tried closed.net. I have a CM patch, (can I play MP with this?) and also version 2.65.2 while all servers were 2.65.1, do I need to reinstall to 2.65.1 to play MP? would be kinda stupid so I guess something is wrong ^^

The CM-Patch will NOT allow you to play in Closed Net. It adds elements to the game NOT found in the plain vanilla game and Deep Silver insists on having a level playing field in their closed net servers. In order to play on that, you first have to run the CM-DISABLE.EXE to remove the CM-Patch and restore your game files to their pristine, virginal condition. At this point, you SHOULD be able to connect to the EU servers and find a game to play.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Yes that did the trick. Does normal and hc mode have same stash or seperate:) So if it is possible to make normal shopper and pass items to HC char? I dont want starrt HC yet since I am just too new to this game and I guess I would die a lot.

Yes that did the trick. Does normal and hc mode have same stash or seperate:) So if it is possible to make normal shopper and pass items to HC char? I dont want starrt HC yet since I am just too new to this game and I guess I would die a lot.

No. The single player, local LAN and Coop modes all save information to your local system. Closed-Net - Hard or softcore stores your save game files, player chests, shared chests and the like on the server. You'd have to build a shopper online and do your shopping there. If I recall correctly, you get up to 6 character slots per serial number to begin with - hence the need for the "More Character Slots" product shown on the banner ad at the top of the page. I believe that gives you 3 extra slots.

If you don't feel you're ready - then you're probably best off playing SP mode for a bit to get more familiar with the game, the controls, the quirks and so forth - And when you're ready then go play online... Go for it! :viking:

Now.. You CAN export a Closed-Net character and play him locally - At that point, yes, you can use a local shopper to feed him/her goodies. But you can't export him back up to Closed-Net.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Welcome Elwin. Your idea is a good one. starting off your first Closed Net character in HC could be very daunting. the only thing you can't trade between characters is gold. Otherwise any gear or jewels you find in either Normal or HC can be shared in the Shared Chest with any character in Closed. you can even export your Closed Net to Single player along with all the loot in the chests. you just can't import anything into Closed.

Cheers

Now I am sure it would be bad idea. I started MP and died 4 times on start, which didnt happen on SP ;p ^^ Another question: on Sp there is chest with 2 runes at start area which helps by much , is such thing on MP? Game starts on MP island but cant see something like this there ;p

Santa Knuckles has showed us how to make really nice goodie bags. Your welcome to join a server that I am in. I usually play at 2300 East Coast USA. Drop in anytime or even send me a whisper and I'll come into your sever.

Edited by Furian67

Now I am sure it would be bad idea. I started MP and died 4 times on start, which didnt happen on SP ;p ^^ Another question: on Sp there is chest with 2 runes at start area which helps by much , is such thing on MP? Game starts on MP island but cant see something like this there ;p

A few things to learn really fast, the difficulty scales with the number of peeps on the server. And monsters can spawn at the level of the player that started the server. So...if your level 1 don't join a server with level 75s or you may regret it. it is best as first until you learn the ropes to tread lightly. once you learn the danger spots its easier to avoid the pitfalls. Ah.. my first days on Closed net in HC was .....well.... very eventful. Thanks to great folks on servers to keep me from throwing my hands up.

A few things to learn really fast, the difficulty scales with the number of peeps on the server. And monsters can spawn at the level of the player that started the server. So...if your level 1 don't join a server with level 75s or you may regret it. it is best as first until you learn the ropes to tread lightly. once you learn the danger spots its easier to avoid the pitfalls. Ah.. my first days on Closed net in HC was .....well.... very eventful. Thanks to great folks on servers to keep me from throwing my hands up.

I realise that actualy I started on empty server, problem mostly was because I firstly played inquisitor on bronze and with levin array and RM I had no problme at all, and on MP I tried on silver and with TG which is different ;p

@ Furian I am european so not sure if I can play on US ^^

Edited by Elwin